October 22, 2014 | 1423 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Catalyzt2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lightens so well and does not irritate my skin at all. Also, I have fairly olive-y skin and it has not been bleached by this. I use it above my lip, on my jaw and on my chin where a lot of very black peach fuzz shows up. This bleach makes it almost invisible as long as I don't leave it on and make it TOO blond.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Limey1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use Andrea Bleach for my eyebrows, which are too dark for my hair color. It was in one tube and so easy to apply. They discontinued it (don't they with all good products!) and tried Jolen. Although it works, it's messy to use and I don't understand why, when it's such an old product, that they haven't figured out to put in a small mixing TRAY, and not just a piece of plastic, where product can spill on the sink, etc. Maybe they don't feel as though they have to, because as far as I can see, in Canada anyway, this is the only product of its kind since Andrea was discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ive been using Jolen cream bleach since i was about 14 years old, i discovered it sitting in my mum's bathroom cabinet, intrigued by what it claimed to do, i was quite excited at the prospect of banishing embarrassing random hairs!
So when i opened it i was a little put out that you had to mix the two together, wondering if it would work properly if they had not been mixed to the exact ratio but i just measured it by eye and hoped for the best and it worked a treat!
The texture is really creamy and spreads very evenly and easily, the smell is almost non existent and in terms of burning, you only notice a slight tingle.
9 years in counting and I've never looked back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by danai

I'm kicking myself for not having tried this earlier.
In about 4-5 minutes it turned my ashy,mousy dark brown eyebrows (which were too dark even for my natural hair color) into a nice, light chestnut brown. Not orange,not yellow, just light golden brown.
For me personally it didn't cause any pain or irritation whatsoever; the smell was also almost non existent. I might as well have applied an odorless cream.
Just make sure you check the progress every 30 seconds or so, and in my experience there is not much room for failure.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by uglyfetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice product, but it is just way to expensive for the price tag. The first time i used it, i only had enough left for barely another application. This works exactly the same way as the sally hansen bleach, but with less prodcut and a higher pricetag.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by jess37909

Wow, people must be clueless . I was excited to finally try a product with great ratings that guaranteed an easy to way to bleach my dark arm hair. Initially I was skeptical and boy was I right. This stuff really does bleach your skin and hair from underneath. Ewwwwww, do you realize how bad that is for you!? My gorgeously tanned and toned arms were bleached in the worst way. Think Michael Jackson during his worst bleach job. I never have problems with products but man this one really duped me. I feel so stupid for believing it to begin with. Did I mention it contains carcinogens? And everyone wonders why and how they get cancer! Well, from using products like this! Beware!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love it. although i dont like the stupid plastic tray and the spatula which is kinda hard to use, this product itself is great. i have dark skin and realy dark hair on my face and it reallly lightens it and no one can realy tell i have so much facial hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

It's great on peach fuzz. I use it every week or so.
The smell is disgusting but u kinda have to learn to tolerate it. I have sensitive,oily&acne-prone skin so I was worried it'd worsen my acne or something. It doesn't. Tho it tingles when I have it on. I'm always careful that it doesn't get on a zit

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by ser289

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot live without this product. I use it every couple of weeks to hide some errant hairs on my face and it works like a dream. I've been using it for over 10 years and will continue to repurchase as needed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

As a young girl, I saw the jar of Jolene and had only excitement. Once I sniffed it, however, I was terrified my skin was going to burn off! But fear not! Your skin will not burn off. This product is extremely easy to use, despite the very strong scent, and to me it is mostly non-irritating. I would suggest using gentle cleansers and NOT touching an exfoliator of any kind the day before, of, and after you use this. It can definitely irritate skin, but I've found when used correctly it doesn't harm my normal-to-oily, normal sensitivity skin. Also, as another reviewer suggested, I would do this a day or so before a big event so that in case any redness or irritation pops up, it will clear up before you need to get dolled up. I've never broken out from it either. Overall, a great find, and at quite a reasonable price too, especially for the amount you get.