MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

NOTE: this runs 'dark' compared to other MAC foundations.

My HG for years and years was Colorstay. But I could never get a really good match to my skin. I wanted SFF (I love the ironwear foundations!) but reality sets in at some point. I'm in my 50's - I now have combo skin (normal/dry) and the SFF was 'grabbing' - the MUA suggested this - and after she applied it -- I looked like I had 'skin' not a mask on.

She used a brush and I tried with every type of foundation brush I have (and I have 6 different ones) - was almost ready to return it when I was killing time in CVS and they had a $5 'beauty blender'. Perfect application with that!!!

Now, this MUST be set with powder (using Mineralize Skinfinish Natural) or it will migrate. It is not full coverage - but more sheer/light/medium depending on how applied. I use a 'cast iron' concealer (MAC Prolongwear, btw) on spots, capillaries, etc before foundation (let it dry) and then this. Then my under eye corrector then set it all.

Yes, it's pricey and I wish there were a dupe in a shade for me NW25) - but walking around knowing that 'your face' isn't right does nothing for one's confidence.

Ok, so why has this product not got a better score here?!

I usually used Estee Lauder Double Wear/ MAC's Studio Fix Fluid/ Powder/ Bobbi Brown's stick foundation and I own a lot more foundations from other brands. The three main ones are for different purposes.

I was on the hunt for a foundation that would make my skin look beautiful, smooth, non cakey and hide my billion dark freckles. A non oily foundation thats easy to appy and can deal with oil. I have a VERY oily Tzone. I'm very please with this foundation...VERY pleased. I did try Studio Sculpt but that just would not blend in my skin, plus they shea butter was a huge problem.

All I did was put on some green primer(lots of redness on my face). Then with a stippling brush buffed it intomy skin.Though its medium coverage, I just apply a tad extra a voila i can hide my freckles (Please note: no foundation has yet been able to hide them, but this works great). Buffed it in my skin gently, put on a bit of powder to "lock" it in and done! It looks superb! I danced all night today, and when I got home, it looked the same!! I <3 this foundation! I'd definitely give it a go!!! I have combination skin and make it work! :D

I was an NC30 int he studio fix fluid...and after a re-check I changed to a NW22 (which matches me WAY more). In the mineralise I tried on NW25 and NW20. The NW20 looked wayyy more natural on me, so thats the shade I got :D

EDIT______________
Knocking of two lippies, it doesn't last on my face for more than 3hrs (will try with different moisturiser and report back!)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The coverage is light/medium but you can layer up to medium. It has a GORGEOUS finish... if your skin is on the dry side you don't even need to powder. It's semi-matte, quite natural looking.
I think it's best suitable for dry, normal, combo skin that is not too oily. I can see it not working on someone with oily skin since it is a bit moisturizing. I didn't have any breakouts with this but I'm not acne-prone. I do have super sensitive skin and I had no irritation.
My only con is that the container has very little product... I went through compacts super quickly. Other than that, it's awesome and I would repurchase.

This used to be my go-to foundation until I realized it was what was not only causing break outs on my forehead, but was also causing the skin on the sides of my nose, chin and in between my eyebrows to peel off. I gave it a 2 because it does look nice, but when I purchased this I was not intending to receive a chemical peel.

I bought this foundation a couple of days ago in the hope that it would put moisture back in my skin. I wouldn't say my skin naturally was dry but the minute i put foundation on it it seems to highlight cloudy patches on my t zone.
The Mac assistant said this will give you a dewy look and won't dry your skin out and is a medium coverage. I am getting married in april so i really need something that covers but doesn't look dry. SO i tried it and my skin dried out in the usual place within 15 minutes, slightly separates in places and it felt like i had a lot of make up on. My skin does feel lovely (on the cheeks), if i use a primer this is even more improved. I wouldn't say the coverage is medium, its more of a sheer light coverage which yes can be buildable but then i find the dryness comes out. THe dewy look is nice but in order for it not to slide off your face I suggest using a mineral powder over the top to set it, otherwise it will transfer. I have freckles which i like to cover if I can and i find this isn't even slightly doing it. It's more a foundation for evening out your skin tone if you already have nice skin. Compact is nice to have but you really need a brush to apply it as using your fingers won't allow the cream to sit on your skin properly. I won't be buying this again and will go back to useing EL double wear light.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very thick and cakey. My skin feels very sticky during the entire day.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I went to get another Bobbi Brown cream foundation compact and I stopped at the MAC counter to look at the lipgloss. Well the salesperson worked some magic and I took home this foundation. I like the tinted moisturizer by MAC and prefer the look of sheer coverage so I was hesitant to try this, but after he showed me a test of it on my skin I was hooked. It is smooth and light and I was also happy with the color and usually I have trouble finding a right shade. I'm a NC 25 and it is winter thought and I'm wondering if I'll be able to wear this for spring, summer I'll for sure need to get rematched. I haven't needed to retouch at all during the day, I teach fitness classes so that says a lot! My husband even said the other day that he likes me with no makeup on, and I was wearing this and mascara. Ha they have no idea.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This foundation gives great coverage but its hard to blend as this is my first cream foundation and I wasnt sure how to use it. The mac 130 brush I find is too small for applying the foundation to my face so i just use my fingers. and the foundation contains dimethicone which breaks me out.

If you have dry skin, and are beginning to wait outside the door of your 40's, hoping that if you offer it enough cocktails it will be nice to you, this is the foundation for you. I have been using Elizabeth Arden plump and perfect ceramide for a year or two, and whilst it was great for a bit, it then started to emphasize my pores and look a bit cakey once the weather got colder. This stuff, however, completely evens the tone of my skin, blends beautifully, and looks really natural. It does not last very long, certainly not compared to liquid foundations, but, you know, hey ho. It looks great and I would pay a lot more for it than it costs, to be honest.

Oh, and Mac sAles assistants? Wowsers. They are fabulous. The bloke who sold me this literally took one look at my skin, and picked this stuff in the exact right shade within seconds. That is skill.

I wear it over Estee Lauder daywear for dry skin, smash box oil free primer and it stays completely put, without any dryness or cakiness, for up to 14 hours. Result.

This is my new favorite MAC foundation. I apply with the MAC 191 square foundation brush. The coverage is on the sheer to medium side. The finish is a very pretty satin, and looks natural. I set this with the MAC mineralize skinfinish powder. I haven't had any breakout or irritation issues. Gives my skin a pretty glow. I love!