April 23, 2014 | 1787 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Kita117

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation gives great coverage but its hard to blend as this is my first cream foundation and I wasnt sure how to use it. The mac 130 brush I find is too small for applying the foundation to my face so i just use my fingers. and the foundation contains dimethicone which breaks me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Ruskydoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have dry skin, and are beginning to wait outside the door of your 40's, hoping that if you offer it enough cocktails it will be nice to you, this is the foundation for you. I have been using Elizabeth Arden plump and perfect ceramide for a year or two, and whilst it was great for a bit, it then started to emphasize my pores and look a bit cakey once the weather got colder. This stuff, however, completely evens the tone of my skin, blends beautifully, and looks really natural. It does not last very long, certainly not compared to liquid foundations, but, you know, hey ho. It looks great and I would pay a lot more for it than it costs, to be honest.

Oh, and Mac sAles assistants? Wowsers. They are fabulous. The bloke who sold me this literally took one look at my skin, and picked this stuff in the exact right shade within seconds. That is skill.

I wear it over Estee Lauder daywear for dry skin, smash box oil free primer and it stays completely put, without any dryness or cakiness, for up to 14 hours. Result.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by coolchikaboom

This is my new favorite MAC foundation. I apply with the MAC 191 square foundation brush. The coverage is on the sheer to medium side. The finish is a very pretty satin, and looks natural. I set this with the MAC mineralize skinfinish powder. I haven't had any breakout or irritation issues. Gives my skin a pretty glow. I love!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by umbreons

I (gratefully) have quite clear skin, don't suffer from breakouts very often, and certainly don't need heavy coverage makeup. I usually just use a bit of pressed powder and occasionally concealer and that is enough for me. I found myself running out of my usual MAC MSF Natural right around Autumn and wanted something different. I decided on getting a lightweight foundation instead this time, mainly because I was hoping to get some dual-action out of my makeup and wanted something moisturizing, which clearly powders can't do. After a bit of research, I decided on this product.

I quite like it! It does exactly what I wanted it to, really. It covers my red cheeks (my main 'problem area' so to speak) but is still sheer enough to not look at all cakey, blends flawlessly (possibly my favorite feature of it, it seriously goes on effortlessly. One or two swipes of my fingers and it disappears), has a nice creamy texture and doesn't break me out or dry out my skin.

I apply it with my fingertips and it blends BEAUTIFULLY. I've never used a product that blends this well, honestly. One or two little buffs into the skin and it's invisible, leaving behind more even skin but otherwise no trace of product. No visible cakeyness, shininess or that awful flakiness/hair enhancing that some foundations seem to do. The effect is really lovely. It's not matte or dewy, but quite a natural finish.

I really, really like the texture of this stuff. It's buttery and sort of gel-like, but unfortunately this also makes the product deplete somewhat quickly. Two light finger-swipes for each my forehead, both cheeks, chin and nose is all I use every day, I've used it approximately 15 times this way and already a good chunk of the product is gone. Perhaps this is actually quite a good amount of time for a product to last, I probably have 3/4ths left, but I'm not all that experienced with foundations so I don't know what is normal lasting time to compare this to. Just felt worth mentioning!

It also doesn't really last all that well through the day, which is the reason I'm not giving this 5 stars. It blends so well into the skin it's hard to even notice it there 5 minutes after applying let alone 10+ hours, but when I take my makeup off at night I see very little foundation on the towel, so that's what I'm going by. This has led me to start powdering it after applying, which basically negates my entire reason for getting it.

All-in-all, I do like it, but it isn't without its faults. I have honestly never been more impressed with the results of a foundation; the effect and coverage it gives my skin is gorgeous. It isn't long wearing, though, which is quite a downer. If you are looking for a very subtle, natural looking makeup that will essentially smooth out your complexion, blend like a dream and moisturize your skin, look no further. If you want medium-full coverage and long wear, this certainly isn't the product for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
1)I love the finish of this foundation it gives a nice dewy look.
2)It blends really well.
3)Covers redness really well.
Cons:
1)Its rubs of easly.
2)Hits pan fast.
3)Not worth the money 4 10g
4)Does cause a few zits uuuhhhhh.

My shade is NC25:) This foundation is medium coverage/buildable!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by dolledup21

at first i lovedd<3 this foundation. i used it for like four months but by the time i was on my third compact, it started looking really nasty, heavy and greasy on my face AND made me breakout, which never happens to me. Will NEVER buy this shit again. and you have to use aloot to get decent coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm very picky about the foundation I use so when I say that I love this foundation that means its got to be good. I have oily skin that only breaks out maybe once a month. I got this in NW25 and I thought it might be too dark for me but after applying it and blending it with my foundation brush I found that it truly is a perfect match for my skin. It doesn't make my skin break out at all and it washes off easily. It doesn't feel greasy on my skin either. With a little bit of loose powder it makes my skin look great. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by sarbel

Im a MAC lover all the way, but I HATE this foundation!!! I was so excited to try it out and I was extremley disappointed. I found that it gave zero coverage and left my skin feeling too greasy. Ive given it a few tries but I still hate it. I cant beleive that Mac has made such a wishy washy product. Im a makeup artist, so i decided to give it a try on a few clients. Each time I had to put something else on over top. So I think this practically unused foundation will be joining some empty glosses and going "back to Mac"

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by cerafina205

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation and have been using it for about 2 years. Im a NW20 and it matches my skin almost perfectly - it's almost too pink but the NC20 is too yellow. If i really wanted to I could buy the NW20 and NC20 and mix them together. I use the 180 brush for application and pat the brush to my skin to avoid streaks. I do have acne prone skin and this does not break me out. It def adds a pretty glow to my face. The only reason I gave this a four rating is because it tends to rub off very easy. I do have very oily skin so it tends to "melts" off my face after a few hours but that's to be expected - i just blot and touch it up. I am going to try the pro longwear and hope that stays on my face better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this for a year and i do like it. I have not had problems where its cakey so thats good. I do have aging spots so i find that i have no use concealer to cover them as this is a light to medium coverage. I have used this with the sponge and my Mac 187 brush both work well for me i suggest you try before you buy though as its not cheap.