October 21, 2014 | 1946 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by cottoncandisky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+Very affordable
+Hygienic packaging (pump)
+Doesn't break me out
+Doesn't get oily
+Smells nice
+Pretty easy to find a matching shade as MAC shades are very similar to these

Cons:
-Not exactly a great coverage
-Can make your skin a bit dry if you have very dry skin like me (good for combination skins)

The Bourjois gel serum foundation is better for dry skin

Other things...
Theres no SPF which is sometimes good (when taking photos with flash) but inconvenient for everyday use, I have to wear sunscreen underneath.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Even though this wore better throughout the day over the Gel Serum version, (Gel version unfortunately got quite oily around my nose), I didn't like the finish of this as much. It looked cakey than the Gel version and just didn't give me the pretty glow I was hoping for.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by swiftandshout

This foundation is literally my DREAM foundation. I have very large pores and I'm quite insecure about them, so for years I've been searching for a foundation that gives me good coverage over my pores. This foundation does EXACTLY that, whereas every other foundation I've tested, does not.
As well as it's amazing coverage, this foundation is light on your skin and gives a dewy finish. It's very creamy and blends easily, giving a flawless and almost undetectable coverage. Bonus - it smells AMAZING! Since this foundation is so creamy, it can easily melt away it's not set with a powder. (I also use the Bourjois Unifying Powder which works great with the foundation.)
The only thing I can fault with this foundation is the packaging which can easily break if being transported... apart from that - this product is AMAZING and I would recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by GraceyKentera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The reviews on this product aren't wrong- this is my holy grail of foundations!
Bourjois is a French company that produces their foundations in the same factory as Chanel- and I secretly suspect the formula to the healthy mix range is very very similar (if not the same) as Chanel; perhaps as a way of getting more affordable products to the masses Chanel is bottling their product under another name.
I would recommend this foundation to anyone who asks- it glides over my face so smoothly, lasts throughout the entire day and even smells nice! Buy it buy it but it, you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

Seriously, I have been struggling to find the perfect foundation and I've finally found it!! This foundation feels very light on my skin and gives me a nice dewey finish. The coverage is great. I had no problems covering my blemishes with this although many have said it doesn't provide a lot of coverage. I can wear this foundation without setting it with a powder. I love, love, love this stuff!! I just wish they sold this brand in America!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was always trying to avoid any kind of foundation until I read these many awesome reviews... I bought it at Sasa for SGD 27.90. I tried the 52 and 53 shade on my hand first then decided to pick the 53 since it matched the color of my hand. It was the right decision.

Wore it for 10 hours with Rohto Acnes compact powder and it was such an amazing experience since I became more confident with the long lasting coverage, didn't feel anything like it wasn't thick at all. Yes, my t-zone became oily after 2 hours but it was still great, I can't tell you how relieve I am because of this foundation.

Updated : after around 8 hours, my kind of dry cheeks turned out cakey (if you saw my cheeks really closely). I don't really mind, I still love the light effect of it. My friendsssss and I love this foundation.

For those who have acne-prone skin, just buy this life saver...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I finally caved and bought this foundation three months ago after reading numerous positive reviews online and after hearing Lisa Eldridge talk about how good this foundation was and guess what, I think it is very deserving of the hype that it receives. I have shade 52 (Vanilla) and it is a perfect spot-on match for my light yellow-neutral NC20 skin tone.

The scent is absolutely delightful and fruity, packaging is excellent and is fuss-free and has a very convenient pump. This foundation lasts all day and provides a healthy dewy glow that is very natural (although I usually apply setting powder because I have oily-combination skin). One to two pumps is sufficient for my entire face and I would describe the coverage to be light-medium. It does slightly cling to dry patches but I haven't come across any foundation that hasn't done this. This hasn't broken me out and is also extremely moisturising but not oily. The foundation lasts the whole day for me when set with powder.

I highly recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation based on the positive reviews, easy availability, and reasonable price point.

Things I liked about this: It smelled nice, kind of a gentle fruity scent that quickly dissipated. I have normal to dry skin and this glided over it, providing a light to medium coverage that can be built up. It has a very nice, natural, skin like finish, which is what I prefer. Not too matte, not too dewy. I noticed that it has a slight cooling sensation when I applied it. I loved the plastic pump dispenser with a cap. It's light, durable and spill proof for transport. I also like that it doesn't have SPF-sometimes a girl wants coverage without automatic sunscreen!

Things I did not like: This oxidised on me. Badly. I felt like an Oompa-Loompa (although I'm sure I'm the only one who thought so), because my skin started out looking alright, but by mid morning had darkened to a brownish orange tinge. Not pretty. That said, I did order mine off of Ebay, so maybe I got a dud? I said "No" to rebuying, but I may try the Healthy Mix Serum Gel in a lighter color to see if I have better luck. Other than the oxidation, this is a very nice foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by gkitten25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I bought this product after reading the great reviews and I wasn't disappointed. I had previously just been using a mineral powder after a bad acne breakout and I was worried about putting too much make up on my skin. The powder look got a bit cakey and I decided I needed a liquid foundation or bb cream for a nicer finish. I looked about bb creams but was scared of breaking out again and seen the reviews for this and thought I would try it. Although my skin is oily and acne prone, I do have dry spots and prefer the dewy look. This is exactly what you get with this foundation, just the right amount of dewy and coverage, well for me anyway, I would say it is medium to light coverage but buildable. It really does give a lovely finish and covers my acne scars well, sometimes I wear it alone and to completely cover them I add the healthy mix concealer, just a dab and it is a really nice, natural finish. It hasn't broke me out or dried out my skin, and I have been using it for about a month, so far so good and I would re purchase. I also love that it has a pump and the texture is very blenable on the skin. The colour I got was vanilla clair, which is great for my pale skin while adding just a touch of warmth, it doesn't oxidise at all the colour is lovely. Cannot beat the price either. 25/03/2014 - just to update still using this foundation almost everyday and still love it, no breakouts, great!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by ricatai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A great product! This is the second foundation I've purchased, the first being Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination skin. I definitely prefer this to the Revlon one for it is much easier to blend. I found the Revlon Colorstay to be a bit cakey which this Bourjois isn't at all. I got a shade too dark by mistake but with time and a good brush, it still looks natural and healthy when applied. The only drawback for me was the price. Although, living in Southeast Asia, the cost for these sort of foundations is always a bit pricey and to be expected. Overall, this is a great foundation for a starter to work with.