Cover Girl Smoky ShadowBlast

1.6

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I like this! In the Onyx Smoke, I use the flat tip of the "smoky" end on my upper lash waterline to make my lashes look denser, and using the white shadow on the upper lid enhances the contrast. Just make sure to blend the latter well. It does what it should and I'm glad I gave it a shot. Nice product.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I'd give this zeros if I could.The shadow broke the first time I used it making it hard to do the look. It doesn't make a nice look even after you get the shade stick glued back in. Even if it did it creases in 2 seconds before the crease shade is applied the lid shade has lines,even with a base and primer under and eye shadow over.
Just stay away and save your ten dollars and buy nyx shade sticks or even magic markers would be better in creating a makeup look than this.

on 9/23/2011 5:41:00 AM

I GIVE THIS A ZERO.

creasy, greasy horrible mess!!! Don't even bother with it.. yes its enticing because the colors look amazing in the nice packaging but dont be fooled! Huge waste of money! Save your 10 bucks for something else!

on 8/24/2011 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The Bronze Fire shadowblast is good to use the lighter end as a highlighter above your brown bone. When you put the the lighter end above your eyebrow it opens up the eye and showcases perfectly groomed eyebrows. I am a NC35, so if you still have it try it there. It's a trick I learned from a MUA at Bobbi Brown.

Horrible. Bad color. Little pigment. Loads of fallout. I removed it immediately and nearly ran back to CVS to return this piece of garbage.

on 7/13/2011 1:31:00 PM

If I could give it a zero I would. No color pay off, horrible on the lids, just awful, here is a real time video review showing application and how bad it is:

on 6/29/2011 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I purchased the shadowblast on clearance. Maybe that should have been my clue that something was wrong, as there were tons of this in the clearance section. That being said, I've tried it twice.
The first time was on my bare eyelids and due to me having oily eyelids, it began to crease within minutes of applying it. Second time I tried it on, I decided to use a primer to keep it on longer. It lasted for about 3 minutes longer and then came off. Honestly, I wouldn't have paid any money to get this because it totes itself as easy and sexy and really, it looks like something a child would have for their pretend makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Words cannot express my disdain for this product. The colors are beautiful but if you literally can't apply them, what's the point?
I bought the grey and purple and it would not blend and hardly even apply. It felt heavy and sticky and looked awful.
I used it ONCE and threw it away. It was also quite clumpy.
Never ever again.

I bought two sticks of this because the colors were nice, but that is where the pro's end. I seriously regret buying them. first of all, for a smokey shadow due, the colors are super sparkly and unblendable. second, it creases worse than any eye shadow I have ever tried. I had this cheap kiddie play-makeup when I was little, and that had better staying power than this product does. It doesn't go on smooth, and I had it on for less than 20 minutes and it started to make my eyes water and sting after creasing. Not to mention, the harshness and sparkle of the colors made me feel like a drag queen. This eye shadow has made me fear all creamy shadows

on 6/24/2011 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has the worst rating that I've ever seen on MUA. I just don't think people are using it the way it could be used, which is as a shadow base. You also cannot just rub it on thick and expect it not to crease. I use it the same way I would a NYX Jumbo pencil or a MAC Paint Pot. It's nowhere near the worst that I've seen. I just saw an artist use it on Kristen Stewart for an event, and it just proves that it does work, and it can last all day or night. People give up pretty easily with cosmetics. The best cream shadows are from Tarte, Benefit, and MAC. They come in a pot or jar.