April 17, 2014 | 1558 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by starbound25

If I could give it a zero I would. No color pay off, horrible on the lids, just awful, here is a real time video review showing application and how bad it is:

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Vero386

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased the shadowblast on clearance. Maybe that should have been my clue that something was wrong, as there were tons of this in the clearance section. That being said, I've tried it twice.
The first time was on my bare eyelids and due to me having oily eyelids, it began to crease within minutes of applying it. Second time I tried it on, I decided to use a primer to keep it on longer. It lasted for about 3 minutes longer and then came off. Honestly, I wouldn't have paid any money to get this because it totes itself as easy and sexy and really, it looks like something a child would have for their pretend makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Words cannot express my disdain for this product. The colors are beautiful but if you literally can't apply them, what's the point?
I bought the grey and purple and it would not blend and hardly even apply. It felt heavy and sticky and looked awful.
I used it ONCE and threw it away. It was also quite clumpy.
Never ever again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by joanieisverynice

I bought two sticks of this because the colors were nice, but that is where the pro's end. I seriously regret buying them. first of all, for a smokey shadow due, the colors are super sparkly and unblendable. second, it creases worse than any eye shadow I have ever tried. I had this cheap kiddie play-makeup when I was little, and that had better staying power than this product does. It doesn't go on smooth, and I had it on for less than 20 minutes and it started to make my eyes water and sting after creasing. Not to mention, the harshness and sparkle of the colors made me feel like a drag queen. This eye shadow has made me fear all creamy shadows

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has the worst rating that I've ever seen on MUA. I just don't think people are using it the way it could be used, which is as a shadow base. You also cannot just rub it on thick and expect it not to crease. I use it the same way I would a NYX Jumbo pencil or a MAC Paint Pot. It's nowhere near the worst that I've seen. I just saw an artist use it on Kristen Stewart for an event, and it just proves that it does work, and it can last all day or night. People give up pretty easily with cosmetics. The best cream shadows are from Tarte, Benefit, and MAC. They come in a pot or jar.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by kaceydian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I WISH I had found this site before buying CG Smoky ShadowBlast. I bought 2 sticks and within a few days, they broke at 3 ends. I like the concept of the product, but how am I supposed to use it if it breaks as soon as I buy it??

I will NEVER buy this product again. Also, the creasing is SOOOOO annoying. I joined MUA today because of my bad experience with this product. I will never buy make up without checking this site ever again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by nancem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well this review is going to look like all rest. I bought this because I liked the colors. When I tried it, it went on greasy. I bought this in the winter time and as soon as I took it out of the packaging it was melting (my room is the coldest in the house). I put this over eye primer and within 10 minutes it was completly creased. This has ZERO staying power. I bought mine in a light pink and dark purple color. The pink has no color to it. I literally spent 3 minutes swiping it over my eye lid just to see some color and the purple applies like a dark brown. The lids kept falling off in my make up bag which was messy. Also the sticks are so flimsy that when I turned up the tube the purple part just fell onto my carpet and once again made a mess. I would never buy this product again, even if someone paid me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by kristin85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WORST EYESHADOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! i got this in a set with eye liner and mascara. i put this on for work and it was creasing before i even got to punch in! i had to wipe it off on a coffee break! I even tried eyeshadow primer under it and it still creased. i cant get over how terrible this product is! cover girl should be ashamed of this!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by macjunkie2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok,so cover girl has evolved throe out the years but this product sucks
PROS-its cheap and convenient,easy application,silky
CONS-creases,bad pigmentation,minimal staying power,bad packaging

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by alee26

I brought this product before I knew about MUA. If I would have known about the site before, I would have avoided this product entirely! I got pulled in by the commercial with Drew Barrymore and thought it looked great, but failed to realize that companies will always use other products along with the one shown to create the look. It is another product that is too gimmicky. I like the idea, it seems like you can create the perfect quick smokey eye on the go, but the pigmentation and formula of these shadows just crease so badly! I tried everything! Primers, concealers, foundations over eyelid and applied the shadow stick, but nothing I did would prevent the shadow from creasing and fading within 20min of application. The colours look nice and have good combinations but that's about it. Avoid this one ladies and save your money for something better.