Dior Creme de Rose 001

Octinoxate, (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate): 7.5%, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane: 1%, Isononyl Isononanoate, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Microcrystalline Wax, Shea Butter Extract, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ribose, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum, Tribehenin, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sunflower Seed Oil, Trimethylolpropane, Triisostearate, Bht, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Propyl Gallate, Alcohol, Phenylacetaldehyde. [+/-: Ci 12085 (Red 36, Red 36 Lake), Ci 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33, Red 33 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 45370 (Orange 5, Orange 5 Lake), Ci 45380 (Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 22 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), Ci 47005 (Yellow 10, Yellow 10 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77002 (Alluminum Hydroxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet)].

Creme de Rose is one of my favourite lip balms! It smells amazing, like delicate roses. The balm is smooth, creamy and hydrating. It leaves my lips feeling soft without feeling sticky and the rosy scent lingers on my lips for a while. The only downside would have to be the packaging-it comes in a luxurious little pot, which requires you to dip your finger inside. The packaging is cute, only not very sanitary. However, the balm itself is amazing; I definitely recommend Creme de Rose and would repurchase!

on 6/29/2013 3:20:00 PM

Purchased in a moment of weakness during the Sephora sale-- I actually quite like this stuff, but I would have given it a 3.5 if I could have. I have been using it a few weeks and I think it does a pretty good job of moisturizing my lips. I keep it by my bathroom sink and apply it in the morning and before bed. I love the scent (roses!) although it does not linger. It's probably one of my favorite lip balms at the moment, and I must have more than 10 different kinds scattered around.

I actually didn't think it was anything special until I started taking about a minute to massage it into my lips when I apply. When I do that it really makes a difference: it sinks in really well and I notice a small bit of plumping (although that is probably more from the massage than anything). The texture is great for this purpose, better than any of my other balms. And it got rid of some annoying flaking.

The pot is super cute, but I don't think I'll carry it around with me. And I am not certain I will repurchase because I am not totally convinced that it is any better than other balms. I'll probably try some of the Badger balms after this and see how they do before considering spending so much again. For me, the bottom line is that it's too expensive to repurchase if it doesn't work spectacularly.

on 6/13/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pretty much the only lip balm I use.

It comes in a (very cute) pot, which I don't like because I don't like having lip balm on my fingers. And when I'm on the go, I can't wash my hands and dipping my unwashed fingertip isn't sanitary enough. That's one lippie down. It looks lovely, though.

The product is a very soft pink creme. It smells of roses, and it's a very strong scent while the pot is open. Once you apply the product and close the pot, the scent fades, and I can't smell it anymore. (You may or may not like this depending on your preference for scented products. I don't mind that the smell fades.) Application feels luxurious because of the gorgeous pot, rose scent and because it is very creamy and easy to apply. It leaves a slightly glossy, colorless sheen.

I haven't found any plumping effect, to be honest.

The reason I continue to repurchase this product is that nothing moisturizes my lips as well as this! I love long lasting lipsticks and stains, and I live in a very dry area, so my lips are constantly dried out and chapped, and Creme de Rose is the only product that provides deep, lasting moisture and soothes them. Burt's Bees, Carmex, Vaseline, I find they all "mask" my lip's dryness without really helping. Creme de Rose really feels different.

I apply a thick coat before bed as a night treatment, and dab a very light coat just before applying my lip stain or lipgloss of the day. I carry the pot around for any touchups after eating or changing my lipstick color or something.

I will repurchase, UNTIL I find a suitable/comparable lip balm that comes in a tube or lipstick packaging (like the Chanel and Estee Lauder ones).

on 5/30/2013 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. At first I didn't think it was anything special but it honestly is the most luxurious lip balm I have ever used you have to feel it yourself to understand it. The other dior balm in the stick isnt as thick as this- I was skeptical but it really is a great moisturizer. I would love to move my way up to the by terry rose balm next but this is a great one, I would imagine they are quite similar but I haven't found a good comparison online.

on 5/18/2013 7:22:00 PM

My lips for were very dry and chapped. I tried all the products on market but they all failed me. I finally picked up Dior lip balm and with in two days of usage my lips were as soft as babies. :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I wanted to fall in love with this product. Maybe it is because my lips are full to begin with, but I don't find this does anything for me that Vaseline doesn't do : ( I enjoy having a lip balm as part of my routine, but this does not do anything for me to justify the high price.

on 4/29/2013 9:04:00 PM

I enjoy the texture of this balm, it is hydrating and well, does everything I expect a lip balm to do. I enjoy the subtle rose scent, although you can taste it if gets into your mouth, which does not particularly bother me. The only issue I have the is the milky color it leaves on my lips, which is not flattering at all. I personally need a liberal amount of lip balm on my usually parched lips, and this does not build up to a flattering color on my very pigmented, red lips. I much prefer the Lip Glow, it isn't quite as hydrating as this, but it does leave a beautiful pink shade on my lips, and builds up beautifully. This will probably only be a night treatment for me, which is a shame. I will not repurchase this, but I will use it up.

on 4/29/2013 5:54:00 PM

It is a nice lip balm and has a nice/posh smell.

However, I have very dehydrated lips and the lip balm didn't help with it (i have been using it for a week now).
Also it is hard to apply the creme as well.

on 3/3/2013 10:04:00 PM

On the packaging: "Smoothing plumping lip balm SPF 10
Active ingredients: octinoxate 7,5% and avobenzone 1,0%"
- Packaging: I love it, simple yet luxurious, really cute. Not much to it other than that. Isn't fragile at all luckily, great to carry in a bag or purse, not likely to break or anything.
- Smell: a delicate rose scent. Not overwhelming at all in my opinion. If you dislike a rose scent you're not going to like it because that's really the only thing it smells like.
- How does it feel: nourishing, soothing and hydrating. Lips feel very soft. When I apply it at night I use more on my lips but it doesn't feel weird or thick in a way it's annoying. A thin layer during the day feels just as nice.
- Does it work: it's great! works best over night I think using a bit more product, smooth lips in the morning. Soothes and hydrates and that's all I need. SPF in it is great as I like to apply it during the day aswell. However, doesn't do anything for me in the plumping department, found out it claimed a plumping effect much later to be honest. Might work different for other people though. I don't mind it, my lips are big enough already, not looking for anything plumping.
- Shade: I have quite a lot of color in my lips already, didn't notice any extra on my lips. Seems to have a petal pink shade to it, but really comes of clear also if I swatch it on my hand or something. If you have really pale lips it might show up. I personally wasn't looking for a balm with a shade to it so I don't mind it.

Overall 4/5, it's expensive but worth it I think. If you're looking for a great luxurious, hydrating, smoothing and protecting lip balm I'd recommend it. If you want color of a plumping effect I would not recommend it, although those 2 things might differ on other people. And if you don't like rose scents I for sure wouldn't buy it. Personally I would buy it again.

on 2/26/2013 7:27:00 PM

Oh creme de rose, what would I do without you! I use this lip balm twice daily- once in the morning, and again after showering at night. It is extremely hydrating on my dry lips. It is advertised as a lip plumper, but it definitely isn't in the traditional, tingly sense. However, with consistent use I have noticed my lips are a tad fuller, but I think that's because they're finally properly moisturized! Within the first month of use I went out of town for a weekend and forgot to pack it; my lips were in torture! I'm extremely addicted! I've had mine for about four months now, and with consistent twice daily use there's about half left. Unlike other reviewers, my lip balm hasn't lost it's pink color. I don't mind the packaging; its very cute, and I always wash my hands before using anyway. I also love the light rose scent. My only complaint is the price; $30 is sooo much for a lip balm! Thankfully it lasts a long time. I will dutifully repurchase.

Popular Lip Treatments