Dior Creme de Rose 001

Octinoxate, (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate): 7.5%, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane: 1%, Isononyl Isononanoate, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Microcrystalline Wax, Shea Butter Extract, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ribose, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum, Tribehenin, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sunflower Seed Oil, Trimethylolpropane, Triisostearate, Bht, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Propyl Gallate, Alcohol, Phenylacetaldehyde. [+/-: Ci 12085 (Red 36, Red 36 Lake), Ci 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33, Red 33 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 45370 (Orange 5, Orange 5 Lake), Ci 45380 (Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 22 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), Ci 47005 (Yellow 10, Yellow 10 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77002 (Alluminum Hydroxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet)].

on 9/19/2013 11:10:00 PM

literally the best lip balm i have ever used. the textire of this lip balm is unlike any other, its smooth on the lips and leaves a nice sheen on the lips. it also has a slight rose scent its nice:). this lipbalm does what it says it does, it smoothes your lips, and does plump them... not the tingling type of plumping but your lips just look full and plump and oh so kissable. worth the price? every penny. it lasts a long time and makes your lips look and feel to die for.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of those rare products I have actually repurchased... twice! I love the scent, it's a very, very soft rose scent... if the product weren't called "Creme de Rose" I don't think I'd automatically classify this as a rose scent, which is a compliment to the subtlety of this stuff. It has a pretty baby pink color in the pot but absolutely zero color on the lips. When you open the pot for the very first time, the balm appears a little hard but when you warm your finger over the surface and rub it gently the balm softens and you can pick up as much product as you like onto the pad of your finger. It applies very smoothly (unlike, say, Nuxe Reve de Miel which I find I have to drag across my lips). It does a great job soothing chapped lips but honestly when I use this regularly my lips never get sore or chapped (and I'm quite prone to both these things). I also find this makes a good base for lipsticks and/or glosses because it isn't too shiny, slippery, or oily (however, it isn't dry and matte like Nuxe Reve de Miel). Oh, and I just want to mention (and maybe it is just all in my head...) but I swear my lips do look a little plumper when I use this. Definitely not in a tingly, bee-stung, lip-plumper-irritated kind of way... Just a little more pillow-y and lush. I definitely didn't bank on this product delivering anything in the plumping category and dismissed those claims, but hey, I'll take it!

AMAZING PRODUCT. Bought this yesterday and already, my lips are noticeably plumper and fuller. Beautiful delicate rosé fragrance and I like the pot. It's a very retro type of packaging. Feels slightly 'tacky' on lips when applied but...wow, it's worth it.
I used it last thing at night, having applied few times during the day.
Definite repurchase.

on 7/2/2013 11:57:00 AM

I feel stupid that i bought this. I was in a hurry and thought after all the raving reviews there could be nothing wrong with it. when i looked at the inci list i was very disappointed to read paraffin as the third ingredient. honestly if i wanted sth mineral oil based i could have stayed with the carmexes and blistexes of this world. i feel like it actually dries my lips out and the smell is too strong for me. i will continue to test it since i spent the $$ but shouldnt have bought it.

Update: I don't care about the mineral oil, this stuff is quite good. never had a lip balm that gave me such a feel of moisture. You really need to massage it into the lips to get the plumping effect. Always use this with my skincare routine AM/PM. I'm probably gonna repurchase it even though it's like 40 bucks in switzerland...

Creme de Rose is one of my favourite lip balms! It smells amazing, like delicate roses. The balm is smooth, creamy and hydrating. It leaves my lips feeling soft without feeling sticky and the rosy scent lingers on my lips for a while. The only downside would have to be the packaging-it comes in a luxurious little pot, which requires you to dip your finger inside. The packaging is cute, only not very sanitary. However, the balm itself is amazing; I definitely recommend Creme de Rose and would repurchase!

on 6/29/2013 3:20:00 PM

Purchased in a moment of weakness during the Sephora sale-- I actually quite like this stuff, but I would have given it a 3.5 if I could have. I have been using it a few weeks and I think it does a pretty good job of moisturizing my lips. I keep it by my bathroom sink and apply it in the morning and before bed. I love the scent (roses!) although it does not linger. It's probably one of my favorite lip balms at the moment, and I must have more than 10 different kinds scattered around.

I actually didn't think it was anything special until I started taking about a minute to massage it into my lips when I apply. When I do that it really makes a difference: it sinks in really well and I notice a small bit of plumping (although that is probably more from the massage than anything). The texture is great for this purpose, better than any of my other balms. And it got rid of some annoying flaking.

The pot is super cute, but I don't think I'll carry it around with me. And I am not certain I will repurchase because I am not totally convinced that it is any better than other balms. I'll probably try some of the Badger balms after this and see how they do before considering spending so much again. For me, the bottom line is that it's too expensive to repurchase if it doesn't work spectacularly.

on 6/13/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pretty much the only lip balm I use.

It comes in a (very cute) pot, which I don't like because I don't like having lip balm on my fingers. And when I'm on the go, I can't wash my hands and dipping my unwashed fingertip isn't sanitary enough. That's one lippie down. It looks lovely, though.

The product is a very soft pink creme. It smells of roses, and it's a very strong scent while the pot is open. Once you apply the product and close the pot, the scent fades, and I can't smell it anymore. (You may or may not like this depending on your preference for scented products. I don't mind that the smell fades.) Application feels luxurious because of the gorgeous pot, rose scent and because it is very creamy and easy to apply. It leaves a slightly glossy, colorless sheen.

I haven't found any plumping effect, to be honest.

The reason I continue to repurchase this product is that nothing moisturizes my lips as well as this! I love long lasting lipsticks and stains, and I live in a very dry area, so my lips are constantly dried out and chapped, and Creme de Rose is the only product that provides deep, lasting moisture and soothes them. Burt's Bees, Carmex, Vaseline, I find they all "mask" my lip's dryness without really helping. Creme de Rose really feels different.

I apply a thick coat before bed as a night treatment, and dab a very light coat just before applying my lip stain or lipgloss of the day. I carry the pot around for any touchups after eating or changing my lipstick color or something.

I will repurchase, UNTIL I find a suitable/comparable lip balm that comes in a tube or lipstick packaging (like the Chanel and Estee Lauder ones).

on 5/30/2013 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. At first I didn't think it was anything special but it honestly is the most luxurious lip balm I have ever used you have to feel it yourself to understand it. The other dior balm in the stick isnt as thick as this- I was skeptical but it really is a great moisturizer. I would love to move my way up to the by terry rose balm next but this is a great one, I would imagine they are quite similar but I haven't found a good comparison online.

on 5/18/2013 7:22:00 PM

My lips for were very dry and chapped. I tried all the products on market but they all failed me. I finally picked up Dior lip balm and with in two days of usage my lips were as soft as babies. :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I wanted to fall in love with this product. Maybe it is because my lips are full to begin with, but I don't find this does anything for me that Vaseline doesn't do : ( I enjoy having a lip balm as part of my routine, but this does not do anything for me to justify the high price.

Popular Lip Treatments