April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Shimmer Palette

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by hautechic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My absolute must-have item from ELF. I have hit pan on this palette and already repurchased. It is amazing. I have completely ditched Benefit's High Beam and Moon Beam for this product.

I recently went to the Benefit counter to pick up some concealer, and the sales associate commented on how pretty my face looked with High Beam. I didn't have the heart to tell her I was wearing a $3 E.L.F. highligter!

The one thing that I love so much more about this product vs. Benefit is the staying power! It gives a long lasting (but not over the top) glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by dreab77

LOVE this!! It is a wonderful product, I've bought tons of highlighters and they always accentuate my pores, wrinkles, etc., but this stuff is creamy and makes you glow not shiny or shimmery....I'm so thrilled to have found this and will buy again and again..thanks elf

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this Shimmer palette is gorgeous! its great multipurpose and so pretty on the skin, def think it is a must have esp if you are into highlighting like myself..
~~PRICE/AVAILABILITY~~
The Elf Studio Shimmer Palette is only available in one shade: Sheer Sunrise (would love to see them come out with another one or more) The palette can be purchased of course on the eyeslipsface website or at some Target, Kmart, Sears Grand stores. Availability will vary depending on your location. The price is great, it is priced at $3 which is a great price for 4 different highlighters, well worth it, even in my frugal opinion!!
~~SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE~~
Elf Studio Shimmer Palette in Sheer Sunrise is a great quad of four similiar and light cream to powder highlighters. They are light pastel shades. These are smooth creams that apply so easily to the skin and dry to almost like a powder finish. All four shades can be worn daily and these are great for most if not all skin types. I have normal to dry skin (sometimes sever dry skin) & these have applied & blended nicely. If too much if applied, it may cling or emphasize dry spots. So the KEY to using these correctly & getting the best application is using either your clean fingers or brush of choice & using THIN layer. You can always build it up easier than you can take away. The littliest bit is needed for all highlighting needs. I apply these w/ my fingers since it warms up the product & allows smooth application but a brush would work as well. These glide on & blend out to give the skin a glow. All four shades can work for most skin tones. I love the way it makes my skin appear awake & less shallow. These wear all day as well. I do have normal to dry skin so those with oilier skin may find it wear time shorter but overall, they stay put for awhile..Ill still see the highlight when i take off my makeup. The colors are similar but slightly different, from left to right:
1st shade: the lightest of all, a white pearl
2nd shade: a pinky champagne w/ slight golden undertone, even against my cool tones, its beautiful, my favorite
3rd shade: a light orange bronze warm shade
4th shade: a true baby pastel pink
All four shades are similar but i can def tell a difference on the skin. I think these are universally flattering highlighting shades that everyone can use. These can also double as a cream shadow if you would love a sheer wash on the lids.
~~PACKAGING~~
The Elf Studio Shimmer Palette comes in the nice black compact. This compact is sleek & simple. Able to snap open/shut easily. On the lid, there is a small peep through window to see the product inside as well as Elf logo & product name in white lettering. The shade name is located on the back on a very small gray sticker. (i wish they would do something better than this but no biggie.) The inside is where you will find the goodies. There is a small mirror included underneath where the window is. This isnt too big but could be used in a pinch. The bottom portion is where the four rectangular pans of highlighter are placed. They are upright rectangles that have a decent amount of product. Ive barely made a dent in all four so its taking awhile to even see pan so far so its a good amount for the price. The compact is sleek, practical for traveling since you have four different shades as well as it can be multipurpose.
Overall, this is a must have in anyones collection esp for those who love highlighting. I reach for this often. Year round as well. This wears great in winter to summer. I love how i can pick which undertone esp with different eye looks. Its a slight difference but it helps to fit anyones skin tone. This is a great value and a great product. Will most def repurchase if i ever get through mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by TOSHINO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

质感,色泽,延展性,通透性,自然度,多样性,性价比都很好。对于一个是有35rmb的高光来说,别无所求。

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Shelly128p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product.
It is $3 and available at eyeslipsface.com and it is amazing for highlighting cheek bones, under eyebrow, cupids bow, inner corners, etc.
the palette has 4 shimmery, and very creamy and super blendable shades, white, peachy/pink, tan/skincolor, pink. and it comes with a little brush that fits perfectly (but i use my fingers) and a little mirror across the top of the cover.
this is a must buy and such a good highlighter for an instant dewy effect

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this sat in my kit for 6 months. I added it an e.l.f. Order to get the
Minimum for the holiday kit, remembered everybody had great things to say and thought it sucked for an iridescent eye shadow. Turns out it's the palette box that sucks and this is the find! Used this with a understated look and bright blue on the lid but looked kinda unfinished. I just put in an order for elf so I remembered a reviewer saying exactly what you all are- I put some on browbone cheekbone bridge and inner corners of my eyes and I look like really finished and modern! Love it. It's definitely going to be a regular now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first highlighter so I have nothing to compare it to but it certainly delivers a beautiful glow to my cheekbones and brow bones! Easy to apply with fingers, all colors pretty much look the same. Dirt cheap, highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by MrsLiliLopez

One word....amazing!!! This has become a staple in my makeup routine. I love applying it as a cheek highlighter. It is fantastic and looks really good. If you are interested in trying elf this is a must! You will not regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is quickly finding a place in my regular makeup routine - I use it as a highlighter on my brows and cheekbones, and in those places it has great staying power. It's a true shimmer, with no sparkles or obvious glitter particles.

The place I want to use it the most is my eyelids, because it gives an amazing dewy sheen, but it creases in about five seconds flat. I even tried using a couple of different bases, but no luck.

The packaging is fantastic, especially for the price. It's nice and sturdy and has a mirror in the lid. The usefulness of the brush is debatable, because it's very small - I use my fingers to apply it to larger areas, but lately I've started smudging it around the inner corners of my eyes, and the brush is the perfect size for that. (I have long fingernails and just can't fit my fingertips into that teeny spot.)

High marks for packaging, price and versatility, but definitely don't buy if you only want to use it as a shadow, because it's definitely not made for that.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by courtinkerbell

LOVE THIS! It is so cute. The colors are so so so creamy and blend-able. I put these colors on the top of my cheekbones and on the bridge of my nose to give me a glowing complexion. I also use it in the inner corners of my eyes. Gorgeous! Although all these colors look alike when actually applied to the skin, I really don't mind.