September 2, 2014 | 1985 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

UPDATE: 1/5/2012 - this brush is STILL shedding. I gently stipple so it is not like I abuse the dumb thing. At this rate there will no bristles left in a few months. What a disappointment!!! ----------------------Disappointed with this brush. The first 2 times using it there were probably 20 sheds of hair I had to pluck off my face. The 3rd time finally no more hairs. But I also washed it because I was annoyed with the heavy shedding. Maybe I got a dud. The bristles feel like I am stabbing foundation into my pores. It isn't a gentle feeling brush. I like my TBS brushes better and they are half the price. I'm glad I got this for a gift and didn't buy it myself. I'll keep it til it dies but I will not run out and get another. I'll try Sigma next.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by FlyboyTCX

Okay, well after hearing so much hype about this brush I put it on my 'Must Haves'. Got it christmas day and only used it a few times, Decided I would work out how to use it before I actually use it to get ready for college etc. Firstly the brush is very dense and I found that I use a lot less foundation (MAC Matchmaster No1) using the MAC 130 than any other method. Theres definatley a technique to using this brush as the first time I used it I looked a mess. Then I decided Id very lightly apply the foundation in a stippling motion and gently buff in circular motions. Fab it worked, I had a little less coverage than Im use to, however my foundation didnt look cakey or too much.
In terms of price, I purchased this from a MAC counter for 28.50 which is on the pricey side for one brush but then again its MAC! The first time I used it I didnt get any shed at all which was a major plus. Adam x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these brushes and this one is the most perfect blush to apply my cream blush and NARS Multiples.

The bristles are dense and it allows for precise application of blushes and blends them to the point where you get that flushed from within look. Yes, it is an incredibly expensive but properly taken care of, it will last you forever.

I haven't tested it for foundation application because I'm currently wearing a powder foundation (NARS Powder Foundation) and the opportunity hasn't risen yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush is amazing for everything, foundation, blush, contour, base all over the lids, etc..... I bought this brush when it first came out with one of the collections and i recently repurchased it again so i can use it for other things when i need it. it's perfect, small, and dense unlike most stippling brushes it doesn't shed at all unlike the 109 and it's also much smaller than the 109. It will shed like three hairs when you wash it when you first get it but that's about it! so simply this brush is heaven!! ^_^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was sold this brush at the counter to apply liquid foundation. I didnt not like it thought covergae was not right how ever i have been using this brush to apply creame blush and i love it. I also use it sometimes to apply powder blusger and i have had no problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

The best brush for cream blushes. I have broken capillaries on my cheeks and never feel cream or gel blushes look right; my cheeks just look redder,not flushed or healthy, when I use my fingers. The small, short head is perfect for the apples giving you control over exactly where you want color, rather than smearing with my fingers, and you can blend those quick-drying gels and tints super quickly and evenly with this brush. MUA are such experts using their fingers with creams, but I'm no professional so like the ease and control of a brush. If you want that wash of color and dewiness of a cream brush but feel finger application looks uneven, get this brush!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely.
I've used foundation brushes, but not stippling ones before. This brush allows for flawless application of my foundation like no other. I am thrilled with the results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by babysbreath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

(Be sure to click "continue" to read the review)

I truly have a love-hate relationship with this brush. I've had my 130 for a few years, so I feel I've used this brush enough times to really review it properly. First, I'll begin with my loves...
♥ I love how dense and compact it is. I find that it applies/blends liquid foundation beautifully.
♥ It's small enough to get into the corners of my eyes to blend my concealer/foundation to cover my dark circles, or around the edges of my nose where I tend to have redness.
♥ It's large enough to work efficiently around my face as I blend my foundation in.
♥ I like using this brush to blend cheek stains (e.g. Benetint) onto my cheeks. The size of this brush works well to blend the stain so I end up with beautiful and natural looking flushed cheeks instead of concentrated red splotchy marks.
♥ I think I actually prefer this brush over my beloved 187

BUT... and this is one BIG BUT... I cannot stand that every time I wash my brush after using it, the black dye from the bristles will bleed onto the white bristles. I lie my brushes horizontally to dry on a clean towel, and the black dye even spills onto the towel! It's beyond gross.
I only use MAC brush cleanser or baby shampoo to clean my brushes, so I'm using cleansing products that are safe (and recommended) for makeup brushes. This is the one brush that has consistently given me problems. It's been well over a YEAR and the bristles are still leaking black dye.
Every time I use this brush with my foundation or cheek stain, I can't help but feel I'm also blending black dye onto my face. It has gotten to the point where I've stopped using this brush because of this problem. I even talked to a MAC makeup artist about this, and she said that she also experiences this, but then her sales instinct kicked in and she told me "Not to worry, you're not putting black dye on your face." Sorry, but I find that hard to believe when simply water will cause this brush to bleed.
I'll continue using this brush for now, but I am looking for an alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by avi00z

I got this brush for liquid foundation application and I am happy that I did. This brush does not shed and is great if you are looking for a way to get an airbrushed look. I like this brush more than the 187 because it works better for areas like under the eyes and around the nose and this does not pick as much product as the 187 does so you have more control over the amount of product . I clean this after every use with mac brush cleanser and for deep cleaning,I just wash it with shampoo and conditioner. Overall, a great product just a bit pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush to use in addition to my MAC 187 stipling brush. I've had the 187 for about 4 months and after I got the hang of it, loved the way it evenly applies my foundation but it doesn't do a good job around my nose and under my eyes. I was really glad to see MAC had a smaller and slightly more compact stipling brush. I've been using the 130 (with the 187!) for a couple of weeks now and it's exactly what I wanted.

Like all MAC brushes the quality is very good and though I doubt I'll need to buy another I would.