Sleek Storm Palette

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Can't imagine life without this pallette now, use it everytime I do eyeshadow! And the thing is I was wavering for ages about whether to actually buy it or not!
The reason why I took off a lippy though is because there are three colours I never ever touch, that's the light blue, the dark green and the navy colours. The reason for this is that the colours aren't very wearable, I can't really see them suiting many skin tones. Secondly, they are extremely shimmy/metalic looking and don't have a nice finish at all (i find it hard to explain, all that I can say is that it doesn't look smooth). and thirdly because those three colours tend to turn into a muddy grey colour when put on the lids.

I find that the other shimmery/metalic colours have the same finish on the lids but I don't find it as bad because the colour is nicer and lighter. Though sometimes the finish does really annoy me about them.

The most used shades are the three matt ones and the shimmery champagne highlight colour which is really pretty and I use it as a face highlight as well. The two gold colours are gorgeous, and so is the shimmery brown colour but I would use that one with a matt crease colour or there would be shimmer overload.

Overall its a nice pallete with a good variety of shades but I just wish there were a few more matt colours.

on 2/5/2012 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loooooooove this palette!
the colors are great! and very pigmented!
and I love to use the dark brown for my eyebrows.

on 1/29/2012 2:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is my fav palette. The texture is rather thickish creamy. I attribute that to paraffinum liquidum being the third ingredient in the list. None the less, i love the color payoff - they are all very pigmented. I love all the colours, this palette only has three matt shades - one light brown, chocolate brown and black. The rest are very shimmery and beautiful. I love the dark shades as liner.

+++ After I purchased this palette, I don't get as tempted by other palettes. I'll mentally compare the palette i'm looking at with my storm palette and think to myself - i prefer my storm palette.

on 1/20/2012 2:35:00 AM

Beautiful colours, and the pigmentation is incredible, especially for the price. I love the packaging, too. This is one of my most used products. They blend really well, and the colours are true to how they look in the pan.

I do wish it had at least one highlight shade. if it did, this would be the only eyeshadow I took with me when I travel, since you can get such a range of gorgeous looks from it.

I've also found these fade and crease a little sooner than other shadows, even with a really good primer. I usually only get about five hours out of these before I have to touch up.

on 11/18/2011 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* Me - NC25/NC30.
* Product – Storm Eyeshadow Palette
* Review - This 12 lovely eyeshadow palette is a makeup-junkie-on-a-budget’s dream come true! Nice selection of matte and shimmer colors with neutrals for that natural everyday look as well as a few gorgeous dark hues for nighttime for your favorite dramatic sultry looks. Colors are well pigmented and go on smoothly, with UDPP they seem to last all day without fading, melting or creasing. I like the nice selection of colors, this colors in this palette are very well conceived and put together.
* Cons - I experienced some fall out with the shimmer colors, need to tap off excess eyeshadow to prevent over-application.
* Price - Only €7 plus affordable and very efficient shipping in the EU.
* Verdict - A lovely great quality eyeshadow palette at an unbeatable price. I bought this as well as the Au Naturel palette at the same time and I find myself reaching for this palette more often.

on 11/16/2011 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have this palette for approximately 2 years now and my fondness never fades. The variation of colours in this little bad boy is great. Some blues, greens, reds and neutral! One thing i dont like about it is that surface of each of the e/s is a bit funny. but once u have started using it, the embolding will go away so it doesnt bother me any more ha. otherwise, the overall packaging is very sleek and handy, which comes with a BIG mirror. Great for travelling too!

on 11/6/2011 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I had seen this palette on the youtube channel of pixiwoo, (proffesional makeup artists) so I was thinking obviously this must be good! so I went to the shop superdrug and bought the palette. I instantly went to see the pigmentation of the product and was shocked of the amazing quality. The colours were beautiful, they stayed on for at least 6 hours, did not smudge, and that pigmentation just shocked me! I was so amazed at the product! I am so glad with this palette and I definately reccomend it.

on 11/1/2011 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great pallette of staple neutrals in matte and shimmer tones. Totally versatile and amazing value for money. Shadows are all really blendable and of comparable quality to higher end brands. Will snap up more of these, they're ace!

on 10/28/2011 6:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love this palette! The colors are really pigmented, there's a good choice of both light and dark colors, the texture is super soft and blendable. I love the packaging: the mirror is handy and a good size and the palette is slim enough to not occupy too much space. The price is incredibly affordable for the quality and the number of shadows. I totally recommend this palette!

on 10/9/2011 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this!!! These are easily the same quality as Mac. Great pigment and easy to blend. The colors are so pretty and it was still on after 12 hours of wear. This was a great value for the money and they feel and look like high end makeup. I am NC 25.
Buy this! You will love it! I got mine from eBay.

Popular Palettes