September 18, 2014 | 1955 users online

Bronzers - Hard Candy - So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by fmoosa80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently came to know about highlighters mostly from youtube. It does make a slight difference to your makeup, but I'm not completely sold as yet. I really wanted Balm's MaryLou Manizer, many suggested this as a dupe, but like others a). could not justify spending $30 on a HL (btw keep an eye on hautelook as it does come cheaper on it sometimes) and b). I could not find a store in Canada to get it from so would end up spending more on shipping (btw, if any1 wants to check it out, it's available at the Rexall at Yonge & Elgin Mills in Thornhill, ON). Price is average according to drugstore standards. So I have Tiki, I really like the slight glow it kind of gives my NC40 skintone. LOVE how it looks on my nose bridge and highest points of my cheek. The price is soooo wonderful, cause i can't justify spending more on a product, I'm not always digging. The only reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5, because I still think the MaryLou would just look and show a lot brighter on my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by MissMaDAM

I love the glow this product gives my face and the price is much better than other products I ha e bought that do the same. I switched from powder pallette to this and miss nothing, same effect for 6 dollars less plus this seems to have more product and lasts longer. I love it and you should try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by klskag02

Thank God for Hard Candy! I absolutely love this highlighter to pieces. Theres not a day where I don't apply it. I was considering buying TheBalms Betty- Louminizer for the longest time, but couldn't justify paying for a $25 highlighter. So I heard this little guy is a dupe and it turned out being absolutely beautiful! I don't see how most people could use this as a bronzer, unless you just have extremely fair skin. But its a fantastic highlighter and a gem at the drugstore!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this product! I find myself choosing it over my MAC MSF Soft and Gentle more and more (and I'm a die hard MAC girl!). it'd be easy to assume it more of a highlighter than an actual bronzer, BUT there is a subtle golden color to it that adds just the right glow to my fair pale winter skin. I'm in my mid 30's and my "sunny" younger days have left me with some damage, fine lines, and visible pores that become highlighted by using too much "shimmer", however this product does not have that effect and allows me to pull off the shimmery glow I'm working for without looking overdone. Staying power is good, minimal fallout, and the price is awesome compared to MSF and high end bronzers...because this product DEFINITELY stands up to its more expensive counter-parts! Will certainly repurchase!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by sunshine23905

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Cannot even begin to describe how beautiful this product is. I read the great reviews on here, and took a trip down to walmart to purchase this little gem :) When I first applied (in my car, at the walmart parking lot..i know, absolutely no patience), I was pretty disappointed because nothing showed up on my face..and I was said to myself "huh, maybe it'll work as a face powder." well, i did the face powder bit a couple of times but I didn't find it to be anything special, but then I realized that I had worn out the first layer of the power; imparting the gorgeousness within. This is the most subtle, ethereal highlighter I own, absolutely does not show any glitter or shimmer just this beautiful sheen that is a bronzy/white gold in color. It shows up on the face only when you move your face into the sunlight. I love that! I would encourage all to try this product, and especially those with warm undertones.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hooray for Hard Candy! This is a fantastic little product that works great as a highlighter for an overall glow. I've never been a fan of liquid highliters, so this baked one was right up my alley. It's not sparkly, but gives of a nice, subtle shimmer and glow.
Although I'm pale, it didn't work too well as a bronzer for me. It took a few swipes to get some real color, but I have a feeling that this would work well on the very pale. For everyone else, it's a fabulous highlighter at a steal!
EDIT: I believe I've just found the perfect way to use this. I previously used it after my setting powder, but it tended to look harsh and always needed blending. Now, after my foundation, I put this on the areas I want a little glow, add my setting powder, and presto! I have glowing skin that looks much more natural than before.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

Omg I LOVE this bronzer/highlighter!!! From the moment I opened it and applied it..I'm and African American woman color NC50 in the winter and NW44. It's hard to find a good highlighter that doesn't make WOC look ashey and this does not at all. It gives you a beautiful Malibu glow as I call it.. I seriously don't leave the house without this and tropics on! Thank you hard candy..,

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this as a highlight! I wear it everyday on my NW35 skin and it looks great! No problems with it breaking out my sensitive skin either.
The only complaint I have is that the packaging breaks really easily. And once it breaks, it can be quite messy.
Other than that, I'd recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Picked this up the other day. I LOVE IT!! Im NC15 and this is the perfect highlighter for me. I was using the Revlon Colorstay finishing powder but hated that it was so pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by themakeuptalk

I LOVE this product. Im nc20 so this is what I use to highlight my cheekbones or I out it over my foundation if I want to have a dewy finish. Lasts so ling, good packaging,$9 at walmart and really makes you GLOW. I use this with my mufe hd foundation in 120. I have never found a highlight like it. Finely milled and doesnt add obvious glitter . Gives you a beautiful shimmer. I use this product everyday. LOVE it!!!