September 20, 2014 | 1672 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by theorginal

I like how it contains green tea but it leaves your face feeling dry very fast. I don't really see any difference in reducing redness or curing acne but I will give it a try for a couple more days because I feel like I'm getting more acne from using this than when I was not.

[edit] I was wondering why I was breaking out so much around my chin area which doesn't happen that often then I found out it was this when I started using this again after a couple days of not using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i am so in love with the way this smells and how it dooesnt completly strip my skin, im going back to target and getting EVERY STives product from the green tea line I LOVE IT that muchg lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

I FREAKING LOVE THIS PRODUCT! i use it every day, morning and night and it has cleared up my acne so much! i love how much better my skin is now. it helped get rid of the redness around and on my nose! this cleanser smells great and lathers really well and you only need a small amount.

i love the gel-like consistency of it and it's pretty cheap too! only thing i could suggest is maybe a pump? not that the current dispenser is hard to use or anything, but a pump would make this product 100% perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I bought this last week for around $1.50 (CAD). I found a $2 off coupon in a magazine so I waltzed on over to Walmart and thought I'd pick it up! I have the St. Ive's Green Tea Scrub, and I do like it - but after awhile of using it, the granules that were always left behind on my face after each use was bothering me. This Green Tea Cleanser I like a lot more. It definitely tones down the redness. It's been taking care of getting rid of the break out on my chin/jaw line lately. I use it in the morning, and then before bed. I'm really impressed. The green tea scent is nice too. St. Ive's in general is a great brand that I always turn to for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by LaurenReneeArvay

The smell of this product and the scrub that goes with it is amazing. I absolutely love the smell. However, when I used it, I found that it really didn't do anything for my skin except calm down the redness. It didn't get rid of existing acne but no new breakouts popped up. I really really wanted this to work but it just didn't work for me. I use the green tea scrub as a weekly exfoliant and I've kind of shoved the face wash in the back of my medicine cabinet but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

This cleanser is amazing! I really didn't expect much when I bought it and boy was I surprised. I have a little bit of redness in my cheeks and this cleanser definitely help with that. I also think it did a really good job at preventing blemishes. The few months that I used it, my skin felt AND looked great. No major breakouts or anything :D loooove it and would def. buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this since I LOVE the St. Ives green tea scrub, and I didn't have a face wash besides Cetaphil (which is okay) and this awful green tea junk by Sudden Change (which made my skin freak out).
It's exactly what I wanted in a cleanser- one with a little bit of salicylic acid to fight and prevent pimples, no "foaming" or "mousse" effect (my face HATES those), and with, well, green tea.
The packaging is perfect. A decently-sized, clear bottle with a sturdy, non-faulty pump. The product dispenses easily, lathers up very well, and feels extremely refreshing on my face. It rinses clean and doesn't strip my face to the point where my skin feels tight. I mean, I still use a little moisturizer on my face to keep the SA from drying out my skin too much, but other than that, I really don't have to worry about over-drying (my skin is oily to begin with anyway).
Ever since I started using this cleanser, my face has had no more breakouts, and my existing pimples have gotten smaller, with the help of my beloved Clean & Clear Persa-gel.
The only thing that annoys me a liiiitle bit with this cleanser is the fragrance. It's the same candy-like, Nerd Rope smell that the scrub has. It seems a little unnecessary to me, but what the heck. It's no big.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by chiffondress

Ive been using the st ives scrubs for years now. All the st ives scrubs work on me so ive been using them day and night everyday. I know that i shouldnt exfoliate everyday but i really dont want to try other brands as i have had bad experiences trying out other brands. There werent any available st ives cleansers in australia except their scrubs so i stuck with it. Until recently they sold the olive and green tea cleansers. The olive oil being popular for the skin, i tried it first. I found that it rmoved make up but it felt too light and watery that i found myself still using the scrub after. Because of my exp with the olive oil i ignored the green tea cleanser thinking it would be the same. For a while i kept my original scrub routine. A week ago i just suddenly felt that i should probably try the green tea cleanser as i reallt want to reduce the use of scrub on my face. I'M SO GLAD I TRIED IT! Its a lot better than the olive oil. Its more foaming, removes make up and it cleanses more.it also reduces my breakouts. I usually have one or two pimples but now i dont have any new ones. It smells alright and its cheap too. It didnt dry out my skin either given that its winter here in australia. It feels so soft while u lather ir on ur skin. I really recommend this. It cleans thoroughly but its still gentle. I am now using it morning and night everyday amd i have stopped the scrubingg.i will now only exfoliate once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by veiled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this cleanser. Now that I am out of my teen years, I need to continue to use an acne wash, but one that isn't so harsh. This cleanser isn't drying, keeps my redness down and still prevents breakouts. I really like the combination of gentleness and deep cleansing it provides for me. Although this may not be the best acne wash for teens or those facing more than a zit here and there, it is great for a "transitioning adult"- one who is no longer a teen in need of harsh cleansers to fight acne, but not totally ready to move into combating wrinkles. A good buy and a good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by cSquaredFactotum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am very pleased with this cleanser. I have been using it for about two months now, morning and night. I wash my face twice at night, and find it removes my makeup well. It has kept my breakouts under control (i still break out, but not as much). I have combo skin, so I do have to moisturize well after cleansing since it does dry out my skin quite a lot. Every other day, I mix a pump of this with baking soda to make a very serious anti-acne, poor-clearing exfoliator, but I DO NOT recommend that for people with sensitive skin. Overall, this is very inexpensive, removes my makeup, doesn't irritate my skin and helps with blemishes. All that said, of course I will be repurchasing!