Beyoncé Heat

3.2

on 7/23/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

The smell is beautiful, very summery however it does not last very long. I would have liked a more lingering perfume.

on 7/14/2011 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I first brought this, I was a little confused by the smell of it from seeing adverts and commercials. The way they advertised this made me assume it was going to be spicy, warm and slightly woodsy. I was wrong. It smells fruity and very feminine. I smell strong notes of peach followed by florals. As this scent wears on my skin, the warmer notes of amber/vanilla kick in which is rather typical of an oriental fruity scent like this. Even though it smells very good, it doesn't stand out to me and after awhile it starts to smell very generic. It's not a bad scent though, but it's unlikely I will repurchase this one.

on 6/18/2011 8:52:00 AM

I got it at Walgreens since I fell in love with a sweet smell of it. I love the package and Beyonce in general, Everything is fine but it does NOT stay for a long time =( So sad!

But it is not very expensive so you can try it out. =)

on 6/9/2011 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

What bad reviews! I've been wearing Heat for about a year now and I still love it. (I'm not a big Beyonce fan, for the record.) The most obvious scent in this fragrance, after the initial notes dry down a bit, is a sort of musky, spicy amber. The top notes are fruity, but not obtrusively so. I've found that the scent is very complex and develops during the course of the day. It also smells different on everyone I've tried it on. The lasting power of the top notes is brief, but the middle and base notes stay all day for me. I like to spray it on my clothes and in my hair. Days later I do the laundry and I can still smell it on my shirts. Besides the scent itself I like how it doesn't give off that super strong 'hey everybody i just doused myself with perfume' smell, even if I just put it on. Very subtle and sexy. My only critique is the bottle design: uninspired and run-of-the-mill. But I'm not buying it for the bottle, so who cares?

on 5/31/2011 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this product. Cant believe the negtive comments, disagree with all of them strongly . Love the smell. Love beyonce. Pricey but you do get a LOT of compliments whilst wearing it. Also reccomended by FluerdeForce (beauty guru :) )

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I really dislike this perfume. When I smelled it in the perfume shop I liked it, but now I noticed that this perfume reminds me of syrup, baked apples....all these sweet, sugary food that you can eat at a Christmas Market. The food is delicious, but I don't want to smell like that! Another thing is that its lasting power isn't that great, I would expect that it stays on longer taking into account that it is an EDP.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is one of the worst smelling perfumes ever. I think the only reason it is selling so well is because it is a product of Beyonce. People are buying it up because of her alone. It does not last long, seems to be a tad heavy and just overall stinks. Soemone had a bottle and was willing to give it to me for free after paying $75 for it and I still refused it. AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL.

on 5/3/2011 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is actually more complicated than at first sniff.

At first sniff, it is quite tropical sweet. But in the middle it's like burnt tropical sweet. Kinda cool.

And the dry down is nice, unlike anything I have ever smelled before. It's tobaccoey sweet. Sophisticated AND flirty.

I HATE the bottle. It is impossible to hold and spray at the same time.

** 10/29/14 EDIT I never really liked wearing this but I gave it to my 10 year old cousin and it smells AWESOME on her...if that matters at all.

on 4/20/2011 9:45:00 AM

Cute bottle...sexy heavier scent. Sugary and "warm" ...shocking given the name. ;)
I only marked that I would not buy it again because I think I'll just be over it by then. I like it but I don't love it.

It's definitely unique!

on 4/8/2011 9:20:00 PM

Let me preface this by saying that I was blessed with body chemistry where I can wear any perfume and it smells just like it does in the bottle. So for ladies who loved this scent-great, it must change on your skin. Because out of the bottle, it’s a pure disaster. I’m not the one to rate most fragrances negatively, I’m a total frag junkie and even though some frag are not “me”, I can still think its smells nice. Not this.
I got a very small bottle, unsniffed at Walmart, and what a mistake that was. Now, i like heavier fragrances, i mean i like Poison and Opium, for heavens sake. As one of the previous reviewers said, this is heavy, and syrupy and feels suffocating. I love sweet scents but if you imagine spoiled pancake syrup that has a slight off smell, add wilted flower that’s ready to be thrown away and I think you may get an idea what this smells like. Just to make sure, I wasn’t losing my sense of smell, I asked coworker to smell it. She literally gagged and said :”Phew”.
And while I couldn’t care less about the celebrities behind the fragrances, I thought commercials for Heat were ridiculous-any more “heat” and it would have been x-rated. Clearly, the word “classy” is not in her vocabulary.
So hell no, i wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole
UPDATE: well, i take it back-when i tested it, i sprayed it on the paper strip and i think you really have to test it on your skin. Once on, its still sweet but actually tolerable. Kind of strange because my skin doesn't really change scents on me. I've worn it today and actually kind of like it. It reminds me of sweet spiced rum? I can totally see people either totally hating it or thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread. Its more deep and "sexy" than some of the other frag on the market today. Actually, this is what i thought "Very Sexy" by VS would smell like(not that i'm actually comparing the two but i think i would understand if this frag was called "sexy"). Not FBW but i think i will wear it occasionally for its a very unique and long lasting scent. Would be great in cold weather(not that it will apply to me since i live in the tropics)

Popular Fragrances