January 25, 2015 | 1828 users online

Fragrances - Beyoncé Heat

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Ayuna

I got it at Walgreens since I fell in love with a sweet smell of it. I love the package and Beyonce in general, Everything is fine but it does NOT stay for a long time =( So sad!

But it is not very expensive so you can try it out. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by mymelody87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What bad reviews! I've been wearing Heat for about a year now and I still love it. (I'm not a big Beyonce fan, for the record.) The most obvious scent in this fragrance, after the initial notes dry down a bit, is a sort of musky, spicy amber. The top notes are fruity, but not obtrusively so. I've found that the scent is very complex and develops during the course of the day. It also smells different on everyone I've tried it on. The lasting power of the top notes is brief, but the middle and base notes stay all day for me. I like to spray it on my clothes and in my hair. Days later I do the laundry and I can still smell it on my shirts. Besides the scent itself I like how it doesn't give off that super strong 'hey everybody i just doused myself with perfume' smell, even if I just put it on. Very subtle and sexy. My only critique is the bottle design: uninspired and run-of-the-mill. But I'm not buying it for the bottle, so who cares?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by monishagohil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. Cant believe the negtive comments, disagree with all of them strongly . Love the smell. Love beyonce. Pricey but you do get a LOT of compliments whilst wearing it. Also reccomended by FluerdeForce (beauty guru :) )

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by fionalovesperfume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really dislike this perfume. When I smelled it in the perfume shop I liked it, but now I noticed that this perfume reminds me of syrup, baked apples....all these sweet, sugary food that you can eat at a Christmas Market. The food is delicious, but I don't want to smell like that! Another thing is that its lasting power isn't that great, I would expect that it stays on longer taking into account that it is an EDP.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one of the worst smelling perfumes ever. I think the only reason it is selling so well is because it is a product of Beyonce. People are buying it up because of her alone. It does not last long, seems to be a tad heavy and just overall stinks. Soemone had a bottle and was willing to give it to me for free after paying $75 for it and I still refused it. AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by godpsent

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is actually more complicated than at first sniff.

At first sniff, it is quite tropical sweet. But in the middle it's like burnt tropical sweet. Kinda cool.

And the dry down is nice, unlike anything I have ever smelled before. It's tobaccoey sweet. Sophisticated AND flirty.

I HATE the bottle. It is impossible to hold and spray at the same time.

** 10/29/14 EDIT I never really liked wearing this but I gave it to my 10 year old cousin and it smells AWESOME on her...if that matters at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by hebenn01

Cute bottle...sexy heavier scent. Sugary and "warm" ...shocking given the name. ;)
I only marked that I would not buy it again because I think I'll just be over it by then. I like it but I don't love it.

It's definitely unique!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me preface this by saying that I was blessed with body chemistry where I can wear any perfume and it smells just like it does in the bottle. So for ladies who loved this scent-great, it must change on your skin. Because out of the bottle, it’s a pure disaster. I’m not the one to rate most fragrances negatively, I’m a total frag junkie and even though some frag are not “me”, I can still think its smells nice. Not this.
I got a very small bottle, unsniffed at Walmart, and what a mistake that was. Now, i like heavier fragrances, i mean i like Poison and Opium, for heavens sake. As one of the previous reviewers said, this is heavy, and syrupy and feels suffocating. I love sweet scents but if you imagine spoiled pancake syrup that has a slight off smell, add wilted flower that’s ready to be thrown away and I think you may get an idea what this smells like. Just to make sure, I wasn’t losing my sense of smell, I asked coworker to smell it. She literally gagged and said :”Phew”.
And while I couldn’t care less about the celebrities behind the fragrances, I thought commercials for Heat were ridiculous-any more “heat” and it would have been x-rated. Clearly, the word “classy” is not in her vocabulary.
So hell no, i wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole
UPDATE: well, i take it back-when i tested it, i sprayed it on the paper strip and i think you really have to test it on your skin. Once on, its still sweet but actually tolerable. Kind of strange because my skin doesn't really change scents on me. I've worn it today and actually kind of like it. It reminds me of sweet spiced rum? I can totally see people either totally hating it or thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread. Its more deep and "sexy" than some of the other frag on the market today. Actually, this is what i thought "Very Sexy" by VS would smell like(not that i'm actually comparing the two but i think i would understand if this frag was called "sexy"). Not FBW but i think i will wear it occasionally for its a very unique and long lasting scent. Would be great in cold weather(not that it will apply to me since i live in the tropics)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: Well, I changed my rating from 4 to 5. This fragrance is addictive! Once it sets, it's sultry, mysterious, and warm like sunset. ORIGINAL:
I bought this because I was drawn to its bottle. I've been a "celebrity scent" virgin until this purchase, even though I own literally hundreds of fragrances. The bottle looks Victorian-inspired, and it glows a gorgeous crimson. I was having one of those days when an exhausted mother of three needs a little something for cheering up, and I became mesmerized by the bright shiny crystalline bottle. My weakness for ruby red overcame my lack of interest in a product that calls to mind a stunningly gorgeous pop star competing with others of her species during mating season. When I tested Heat, I expected it to be a generic juice-box type scent with something "sexy" added (all in a temptress bottle). At first, it is just that. However, after about 20 minutes this fragrance is very enjoyable to me. I've worn it every day for a week, (including layers of exfoliating body wash and hand cream that came in a gift "kit" that was on sale), and my husband has yet to comment on it, assuming he's noticed it. I haven't yet told him it's Beyonce's fragrance, because probably his drooling would get in the way of his honest fragrance appreciation. To me, Heat is a shimmering, warm scent, and its notes are hard to categorize. It's an almost floral-oriental, and an almost exotic tropical, and, in its final development, an almost woody musk. It's not "sexy" along the lines of Narciso Rodriquez For Her, or Hypnotic Poison, but it's sensual and very confident. At first it smells like vacation-type tropical fruit notes with a little cherry on top, but it melts into a seductive honeysuckle with hints of amber and tonka. Heat is a subtle, alluring fragrance that stays quite close to skin, yet it intermittently projects quick whiffs of feminine temperateness (it never gets "hot" in a cinnamon or cayenne way) for hours after spraying. The more I wear Heat, the lovelier it becomes. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out, because the scent energizes me and makes me feel great. I would give Beyonce Heat a 5 lippie rating (and I still may change my rating), but the fruit salad compote of the topnotes throws me off every time I spray this. I'm SO glad I gave it a chance to develop. Trust me, give it at least a half hour of wear, and you'll be swooning at the gorgeous, sultry scent that suddenly appears!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love Beyonce, but unfortunately im not a fan of this perfume. Its too sweet for me... but its soft and pretty, would've loved it minus the sweet sugariness