November 28, 2014 | 1029 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ImaJedi

Let me start off by saying - I'm 18, I have acne-pron, oily-combo skin.
If you have young, acne prone skin, this product is not for you because of the fact that this is VERY moisturizing and the moisture is too much for young skin. You might break out, you might not, but you might not pay attention to the actual purpose of the product if you're too worried about how oily or many break outs you get. Mixing oil plus moisture is not a good thing in general - but this product is not to blame.

THAT being said, I've been using this ONLY for my eyes. Because of my ignorance, I never took care of the skin around my eyes. I never knew how delicate and how much tugging and pulling affected that area. I ended up with small, cracked, dry patches at the corner of each of my eyes (corners close to my hair line, not the bridge of my nose) Which is very average for a person, to have, but I hated them. Up close, I could see the damage I did to my eyes. Though it isn't visible to the average person, I saw them and they bugged me.

I've been using this for about a week and the dry patch is gone. Just by touching the corners of my eyes, my dry patches are gone and I can no longer feel the lines. This caused the skin around my eyes to be firmer, and plumper. I no longer have the problem I used to have.

But then again, this is skin problem most young people have anyway, but I'm glad this took care of this.

I will keep updating to see what it does to my under-eye area. Hopefully it'll firm it up a little. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

My skin is in a dicey place as I'm aging and live in a very dry climate to boot, but also have naturally oily/combo skin. Some parts of me - eyes, throat, decolletage - need a lot more moisture than my chin, forehead, etc. This is where Miracle Worker comes in. It's rich and light at the same time, meaning it's very hydrating and leaves my skin feeling supple, soft and dewy without feeling heavy or oily. It absorbs fast too. I wouldn't use it on my combo areas because I suspect it would be breakout city. But for my drier areas, this is a godsend. Let's face it, there are plenty of rich moisturizers on the market but most of them are way too heavy and greasy, or take hours to sink in. Finding one that delivers the hydration your skin needs while staying light and fast-absorbing can be quite a trick. This is expensive but I will probably buy again when I'm finished.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this and have used it 2x and I'm starting to feel irritation. I read the ingred. really well before trying it out cuz there are some things my skin is sensitive to (but I can use some other pretty harsh stuff too). Anyway, I'm allergic to Chamomile and none was listed here (it's in their Purity products, etc.) Well, come to find out, Bisabolol is Chamomile! Who knew. Chamomile is part of the daisy family and I've read that it's a pretty common sensitizer for ppl. so maybe that's why some are reporting bad reactions to this. Who knows but I'm steering clear & adding bisabolol to my list of ingred. to scan for and avoid.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by gisi21

This product soothes my dry skin. A little does go a long way. My skin looks fresh and clearer to the point that people have noticed the difference since I started using this. Pricey, but it has been worth it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by fancymakeup25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have really enjoyed this moisturizer. It gives my sometimes dry skin the perfect amount of moisture. It stings a little bit after I have exfoliated but it goes away quickly. What I like most is how it keeps my breakouts at bay especially that time of month. When I wake up my skin feels dewy and clear. I use this almost all of the time now while my La Mer just sits....

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by teenieT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This thing was horrible! I got it as a sample. I tried it on with a clean face, and after five seconds, my face burnt like no other! I quickly washed it off and my skin was red for a good hour until it faded. Good thing it didn't break me out or I would not have been happy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by CarolStarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the texture of this product it is a gel base which is perfect for the summertime. While I do use other serums/moisturizers that offer more hydration, I love the ingredient deck here. And most importantly, I was one of those Philosophy customers that wanted to love Hope in a Jar, but couldn't get passed the horrible smell. The Miracle Worker does NOT have a scent!!!

I can finally enjoy a Philosophy moisturizer.

This is definitely a keeper in my skin care regime.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was not impressed with this product. Hope in a Jar is a much better moisturizer. This was too greasy and caused bumps in my T-zone, as well as more oil, redness, and irritation. This is definitely not a good moisturizer for anyone with combination or oily skin. The packaging is misleading because it indicates it is suitable for all skin types. This is definitely not the case.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by meikii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I wanted to love this moisturizer soooooooooooooo badly but too bad it gave me the worst reaction ever!

I got a sample jar at the philosophy counter after reading about this accidentally on MUA. I tried it on the night before I was gonna be a bridesmaid on my cousins wedding.

I WOKE UP WITH A HUNDRED BUMPS ON MY FACE. Literally! MAN! I swear this is the only different thing I put on my face at night. WHY? :((

Well I wanted it sooo bad but its not for me then :) Thanks god I got the sample before actually buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by KRaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for about two months. While it hasn't helped with fine lines or melasma, it does moisturize very well and keeps my skin "toned". I did finally try Hope in a Jar......which is okay, BUT the smell is almost nauseating. I just bought two more jars of this......still not really sure if it's worth the price, but my face doesn't break out and seems glowy.....

Update 7/16/2010: Okay, so I broke down and bought some Perricone MD....no better than Philosophy...sent back the Perricone and am gonna stick with Miracle Worker unless I happen upon another HG...