September 2, 2014 | 1904 users online

Foundations - Bourjois - Matte Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by littlemissshe

I rarely write reviews and am only doing so because this product is getting low-ish ratings that I think do not do it justice.

First of all, abit about me: I'm 23 with light asian skin-tone, and have REALLY OILY SKIN (and when I mean oily, I mean I-use-up-2-blotting-sheets kind of oily), and it gets shiny in less than 2 hours, oh the horror. It's been tough finding a foundation that doesn't get murky and slide off, especially as where I come from it's really hot and humid. ick. I also have alot of old acne marks and scars and it's a real hassel to have to wear foundation everytime in university just to look like i wasn't mauled by a cat.

I bought this foundation a month ago after reading several reviews on blogs and have been using it ever since. No turning back, I've completely ignored all my liquids now (Used to use revlon colorstay 180 sand beige which was good but too heavy and a hassel to apply. L'oreal true match in golden beige also, but that slide off after awhile. BB cream L'egere but that hardly gave any coverage).
The colour selection was pathetic but luckily for me 82 matched me pretty well, (a tad lighter than my normal skin but nothing near Casper)though I was swatching between 82 and 83 like a mad woman.

Now the beauty of this foundation-- It's mousse. I HATED maybelline's mousse foundation but this is a totally different expereince; light, fluffy, medium coverage, smooth and very fine, it literally glides on my skin every morning, it's so fun to apply. And best of all I get done in less than 10 seconds using the brush.
It hides my pores and I'm so amazed at how natural it looks. "Sans Effet Masque", or No mask like effect indeed. As if I don't love it already as it is, this baby stays on for so long without turning grubby! I can easily last 5 hours and still look fresh faced; for me, that is quite a feat. I don't even have to apply a layer of finishing powder if I don't want to, unlike before whereby that wasn't an option. Of course it's not a miracel foundation, but it is so far the bestest best ever. I'm even considering purchasing a second one which is crazy as I've hardly made a dent in mine despite 4 weeks of daily usage.

I can't say enough good things about this little gem; that being said, I think this might not be suitable for women with dry skin. Also, while this doesn't completely hide my acne scars, I'm not obsessed with doing so as it looks unnatural to have a flawless face, so this lets some old redness through which I'm ok with. It also has a rose smell which some might not like but it's not offensive at all. The brush is a genius, stiff and dense fibres on a stubby handle. I had to buy it separately as that's how it's sold in my country, but it is such a good little tool that works amazingly with the foundation. And can I emphasize that it's a mineral foundation? LOVE!

I'll stop raving about this product, but if you have oily skin, maybe this is the foundation you should try next.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by ninapirie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am in LOVE!

I picked this up at superdrug for about £11. after trying out the testers, I came home with the darkest shade, hale for my NC42 skin.

The colour match was close but not perfect but I guess that's what happens when there is only 4 or so shades to choose from! It has a medium coverage which is buildable and does wonders at minimising the appearance if pores! It goes on sooo smoothly and is so light and cake-free you can barely tell it's on.

The little brush that comes with it is really cute! It's not scratchy and does a great job at buffing the product into your skin.

I expected this not to remain flawless for long as foundations tend to go a bit funny on my t zone after a few hours of wear. I was pleasantly suprised when it looked as nice as it did at 9am when I checked in the mirror at 7! I wasn't expecting it due to the mousse - like texture.

All in all a great product by bourjois!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by girlinterested

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Shade: 81

I'm a pale skin with cheek redness girl, so prefer something that gives good coverage with the addition of a concealer to hide my naturally too-rosy cheeks. I dont tan in summer, just burn.

I brought this as I liked the idea of a mineral foundation but hoped with the liquid/mousse initial state, it would go on similar to my normal foundation (Clarins Truly Matte).

First of all, the colour was dire. It looked ok initially, but after an hour or so, would look very orange. A colleague said 'Have you changed your foundation, because it looks weird on you'. Not what you want to hear. I still thought maybe it was the office lighting, so saved it for the weekend, and thats when the problems really started. I put the foundation on, and it caught on some dry skin and was really tingling. I wiped it off to start again but thought maybe it was the moisturiser and/or wipes, so I prepped again, but still my skin tingled after the foundation went on.
Finally I gave it a third try when I had a cold - I didnt want to waste an expensive foundation with constant post-noseblowing touchups. Still the tingling after application (must have been a dozen or so with all the noseblowing!) and then at cleansing.
Im not sure what was in it for it to tingle constantly, but my skin definitely didnt like it.

Overall, I wouldnt recommend this to anyone based on the tingle factor and the colour.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this from boots for £8.99, on offer as it's normally £11.99.I have tried it and have to say I LOVE IT, omg it made my face look soo smooth and flawless it took me all of 2 seconds to apply this with the brush.

The only MAJOR downside of this is that the 83 which I bought is way way too light on me, so I wasted my money but will try and purchase the 85 as it's the darkest to see if that matches any closer. If not I will be very very dissapointed as this is an amazing foundation and comes with it's own brush. If you are fair skinned you need to go buy this! And another thing I have no idea how long this lasts will have to wear it a whole day and see. Will update this soon after I buy it in the 85 shade.

EDIT: So I went and bought the next shade up which is 85 and that is too dark on me, it just didn't match I don't know why so I'm afraid I have to take the ratings down because colour selection is rubbish and now I have two of these sat at home wasting space!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 7:35:00 AM More reviews by nikua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually don't bother with drugstore foundations at all. It is impossible to find a color match for me, it's always too dark or too pink. I've also had bad experiences with Bourjois foundations before.

I picked this up because I was heading to a huge business meeting day. It was cold and windy and I was blowing my noise repeatedly and forgot to pack my usual touch up foundation. I headed right into the next drugstore and got this in 82, I'm a 50:50 mix of NC20 und NW20.

The color match is very close to perfect, I've never owned a drugstore foundation that looked nearly like skin, color-wise.
It has a distinctive, sweet smell that I happen to like and it applies very nicely.

It's sold without a brush here, but since I prefer to do my touch ups with my fingers anyway I don't really care. And it gives a nice finish no matter what, so I'm fine. If I use it all over I'll get one of my mini kabukis but since it's in my travel bag it's really more of a touch-up-product for me.

Only con: I wish it would last a bit longer. You can get this one pretty easily off your face by touching it, or blowing your nose.

Will probably repurchase if I run out.