April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by pocky

I stopped coloring my own hair years ago after I finally understood that it's nearly impossible to get the results I wanted from a box. I have nearly black hair, which should only be trusted to a professional. Hair as dark as mine will always turn brassy no matter how cool the color I choose. My hair absolutely needs to be double processed if I want to avoid brassiness. Even my highlights have to be double processed if I want cool-toned brown highlights.

From what I know about haircolor, I finally decided I would be okay with a semipermanent haircolor, especially since I mainly wanted to cover up my highligts. I don't dare color my hair myself with a permanent color since hair as dark as mine will lift red and then orange. I picked Healthy Look because Iced Chocolate (cool chestnut brown) was the color I liked the most out of all the box colors in the store. It turned out to be the perfect chocolate brown I had always wanted. It covered my ugly highlights perfectly and my hair was so shiny and healthy! I also love the conditioner. Since my hair is short, I had enough conditioner left over to condition my hair for weeks (I only shampoo my hair 2-3x a week).

One thing to keep in mind about this product is that it does not contain peroxide and therefore will not lighten hair. You'll get the best results if you pick a color similar to your own in lightness. Iced Chocolate is a dark brown shade, which is why it works for my almost-black hair. It gives me a chocolate brown tone and covered my highlights. Also, as we have all been told, don't go by the color of the model's hair on the box. And do not ever pick a color darker than your own or the results will be permanent. I've used Iced Chocolate enough times to know that I picked a good color for me, and Healthy Look is a very good semipermanent hair color. Be realistic about the results you can achieve, choose carefully, follow the directions, and you can't go wrong.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by lillyloveletters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

5***** OUTSTANDING. I got an amazing color (I bought shade 2 - black) and a lot of people complimented my hair. The color looked better after I washed it once - for some reason it looked a bit "too shiny" on the first day but after that it looked amazing. It's the best hair color I've ever used, I love it. I also like that it's semi-permanent, so that it doesn't last forever and I can leave my hair natural when I wish, I don't have to die it again. The shade I got is exactly the one on the cover. When I put the product on my hair, it was NOT itchy, and did NOT smell bad, it was like a shampoo and it was the first time I was not going crazy because of chemicals in my hair - I couldn't feel anything in my hair and was suspicious while waiting for it to color my hair and then.... I got the amazing results. I DEFINITELY recommend this product to everyone who wishes to have black hair, you will love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

BAD BAD BAD.

Like the reviewer prior to me I selected the light auburn color.

My hair, usually a level 6 red, is basically a dark burgundy color. This is nowhere near "light".

DON'T BUY THIS. I can't wait to wash my hair a couple hundred times to fade this junk out.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by minidigits

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

AWFUL RESULTS.
I bought the 6RR Light Auburn shade because it matched my current colour exactly when I held the box up to my head. After precisely following the directions, my hair turned out DARK PURPLE. L'oreal is refunding me for the purchase, but I now have to make an expensive visit to the salon which I obviously should have done in the first place...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by nkar23

this is the only thing i use to color my hair. i like it because it isnt permanent, harsh and it looks natural. its easy to use and not too expensive. its also moisturizing. i use med golden brown and am happy with the color payoff. this is a good haircolor to use as a "treatment", bc its gentle and moisturizing. but i dont see it working for older people or those who need lots of gray coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by cassblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used Dark Blonde 7 Latte. My natural color is dark blonde, golden, and for the past 3 years I've been lightening and highlighting. My color was mostly light blonde. It's been looking very brassy... Even with maintenance, my hair had a visible orange tinge and looked kind of dull and fake shiny at the same time. I used this as a way to grow out the highlights and match my natural hair color.

The product works great for me! The application is good, the creme isn't too runny and it's easy to spread evenly. It is a little thin and takes some getting used to, but I just squeeze a smaller amount onto my hand and once it's on my hair, it doesn't run at all. Also, the smell isn't bad. I keep it on for 20 minutes. The color comes out even every time - no blotches :)

Word of caution: It is dark at first! In my experience, I've noticed that "dark blonde" usually turns out light brown, but this fades within a few weeks. Now the color is a dark blonde with golden blonde highlights. The best thing about this dye is NO RED! My hair usually pulls red (especially with Natural Instincts!), but this is a neutral color with a golden tinge. The color is so shiny and natural looking. It adds a lot of depth to my hair color. My hair feels soft and has very little extra frizz after I use this. I re-apply every 5 weeks and it always blends my dark roots and light ends together perfectly!

The great thing about this color is it really makes my blue eyes pop! Instead of competing with orangey platinum-ish hair, my eyes and complexion look much better. If you need to darken over-processed hair I highly recommend this dye!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've used this line of hair color 3 times and I'm loving the way it makes my hair look! I've received compliments on the richness of the color and how shiny my hair looks- which I never got when I was using permanent dye. This really does give my hair a "healthy look", so the name is fitting.

My natural hair is black brown but I had it highlighted with caramel highlights last year. When I wanted to go back to my natural color, I used 1 box of L'Oreal Healthy Look in Espresso and 1 box of Iced Chocolate and mixed them together (I have very long hair). The result was exactly the shade of deep black-brown that I was looking for!

Remember that your hair will end up about 2 shades darker than what the model's hair looks like on the box. Dry hair is porous, so it soaks up excess pigment and looks darker than the model's. Also, some people don't realize that semi-permanent dyes don't contain bleach so they can't lift (lighten) hair, they can only deposit pigment to make your hair color stay the same or darker.

You should dye your hair with this kit every 1 1/2 - 2 months to keep your hair color as vibrant as it was when you first dyed it, otherwise your color will look faded.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by PandaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Run, don't walk away from this product! I used 6RR on my shoulder length dark blonde/light brown hair yesterday, which had about a year's of natural regrowth untouched by any hair products. I was aiming for "light auburn", just like the product is named and described. But, surprise! My hair is now dark purple! I used the product exactly as I was supposed to.

Today I called Loreal's helpline to see if there was any way to fix the problem and the woman I spoke with said to "get it fixed by a professional". Yikes! A horrendous product followed up with horrendous customer service. I'm SUPER pissed off.

Normally I would spend the money at a salon, but I have a new baby and was hoping to add a bit of colour without spending hours at the salon. Guess what? Now I have to spend hours at the salon getting it fixed anyway. Avoid this product like the plague! I will be avoiding all Loreal products now after this experience.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by slaston

This is my favorite of the big brand demi-permanents (28 shampoos); it does last about a month. It applies easily, albeit it's a bit messy, smells nice(!), and doesn't dry out my hair like others do. This basically leaves my hair in the same shape it is before I color it (nice and soft), whereas others leave it feeling like straw for several days afterward. Also, my skin is super sensitive, but my scalp doesn't get a tingly or burning feeling with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by RavenOctober

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So,I had level 9 cool toned blonde hair,and I used the shade 8 Golden Vanilla,and my hair turned DARK ash blonde. No semblance of gold,anywhere. My hair is in good shape tho,so that I'm thrilled about.
I may try this again,but a diff shade or much lighter one(tho they only really have 2 gold blonde shades available).
I think I'll just go back to Loreal's Excellence and Superior Preference.