Clarins Instant Eye Make-up Remover

4.2

Cyclomethicone, Aqua/Water/Eau, Isohexadecane, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, CI 42090/Blue 1.

on 7/9/2008 2:42:00 PM

After switching around eye make up removers to find the perfect one, I landed on Clarins. Being a long time fan of their self tan and many face products, I thought their eye make up remover was a safe bet. I did not like it. It was really oily - which I could handle had it been a good, effective product- but it didn't actually do much for me. On a day-to-day basis, I only wear non-waterproof mascara. With this remover, I was covered in oil AND rubbing quite vigourously to get it to take my make up off. I also found it stung my eyes, which was a first for me and eye make up removers (and I have tried many!). The bottle didn't last a long time either! Which was really bizarre as it was a huge bottle and I don't use alot of it everyday. Maybe it was the hole in the mouth of the bottle? Packaging downfall?? Won't buy it again. Was so not worth the time, pain and money.

on 3/29/2008 2:44:00 PM

I have been using this product for a couple years now. I love it but seem to go thru the bottle real quickly. I tend to use heavy eye makeup and due to that seem to use this product on a daily basis. The only problem I have is that it is a bit pricy. But hey if you can afford it by all means use it!!! It is a great eye makeup remover

on 12/28/2007 12:45:00 PM

Overall I did enjoy this product. It is oily, but thats how its supposed to be. It didn't dry out my skin and I had no major problems. The only reason I didn't give it a perfect rating was because I still found that the next morning I would have black under my eyes - it didn't take it all off. But it just meant I had to spend more time wiping off the makeup - which seems weird since its name is instant, but thats my only gripe. It is a bit more expensive than drug store brands, but you get quite a bit of product. I would rebuy, especially since this is one of the better removers I have tried, but I won't label it HG yet.

on 9/15/2007 6:24:00 PM

This is the only product I will ever buy again to remove eye makeup. I have tried no less than 5 brands and this wins hands down. I removes every type of waterproof mascara and liner that I've used. It is gentle and doesn't need scrubbing or unreasonable pressure to work. Even if you don't use waterproof products, you need this product to make eye makeup removal a breeze. HOLY GRAIL !!!

on 6/10/2007 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow!! This really did remove heavy wp eye makeup in an instant. I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and eyes, and this worked and did not irritate. The key is to dampen a cotton pad with this and set it on your eye for about 20 seconds and wipe very gently. So many other mu removers have left my eyes greasy, irritated, or my vision blurry- but not this!

on 5/28/2007 4:20:00 AM

I actually didn't try this product on my eyes. I used it to remove some waterproof eye makeup I'd used on my hand. Even after shaking I found it very oily, it removed all the makeup nearly instantly, however after a few minutes my hand turned white from drying up. I tested with other eye makeup removers and none of them did this. If it dries up my hand like that, I don't even dare to use it around my eye area especially when it's so delicate and needs all the moisture it can get.

on 5/1/2007 6:44:00 AM

I wish I didn't like this pricey product. But after they discontinued the much cheaper and slightly better ponds bare and repair, I needed a replacement.

This remover works quickly with no tugging or irritation. Not too greasy. Removed waterproof mascara easily.

on 4/7/2007 9:12:00 AM

I got this as a GWP and I really liked it! Very gentle on the eyes and it doesn't sting even when I used it when wearing contact lens.

on 2/26/2007 8:37:00 PM

it's amazing how many eye makeup removers burn your eyes and only get off half your makeup, despite their claims. i bought the Clarins makeup remover after reading its reviews here. i really like it as it DOESNT hurt my eyes and it DOES get off my makeup!
the packaging - though the squeeze top with this product is far superior to (and more logical than) a large-opening twist off lid, a flip-cap would be way more convenient than the twist off top.
i accidentally bought the other Clarins makeup remover (ARGH!!!!! it was stocked right with this one and i didnt read the box to check!) and what a joke. totally useless, leaves tons of mess behind. the Instant eye make up remover (this one) is farrrrr superior. cant wait to use up the junk and re-buy this fav

on 12/12/2006 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The BEST eye make-up remover I have ever had. I was skeptical because of the hefty price tag, but it was worth it. I wear contacts and this stuff does not irriate them or my eyes. Others have irriated my eyes or do not irritate but can't get the eyelier off even after 3-4 swipe bys, but not this. It gets the make up off fast and easily. I love it.