October 1, 2014 | 1812 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Age Defying Spa Illuminator Bare Light

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by chloejones

It does as promised--imparts a glow. Fragrance is not overwhelming. Color is good. Hate the applicator; thanks to the prior reviewer who suggested pulling out the brush part with pliers. I did it, and now it's just a regular tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by HHeard

I absolutely love this product. My foundation is a long lasting/waterproof type but it was matte. I add a small drop of this bare light illuminator and it is AMAZING! Gives my foundation a more natural appearance without being too shiny. Like everyone else, I hated the packaging/brush thingy. So, I took tweezers and pulled out the brushes (came out easily and clean). So, now I can just squeeze out a small amount and no mess. I will definately repurchase this -

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Maggiethekat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. I got this one in golden lights, and its really pretty. It looks natural. Its not too shiny or sparkly, its just right. I would recommend to get this highlighter if your going for something less expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by hermommy09

I have the pink one, and i love it. To me, its an almost exact dupe for Benefit high beam. beautiful pinkish sheen, not too much and not too faint. i actually kind of like the brush is comes with, because you just squeeze a tiny bit and brush and blend where you want it. love this!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by MSEMR2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the packaging for this product is making people overlook it, but this stuff is AWESOME!!!!!!! I've been looking around for a good highlighter that isn't too frosty or pasty and this stuff is perfect! I have it in Golden Lights and I love it. I'm almost scared that this is going to get discontinued, since everyone has been sleeping on this stuff. But either way, I will definately buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

fiiiinally a skinlights dupe-i was buying the old skinlights on ebay but obviously couldn't do that forever. i love this stuff-it really makes you look naturally glowy, and this one has spf, too.
i wish it didn't come with the silly brush-i liked the pump on the old product better. and i feel like this version is thicker and more foundation-y than the last one i had...? but then again, maybe the last one i used was thinner bc it was getting old...who knows. anyway, this stuff rocks, i'm very pale and i love the bare light. i think pink light would be too pink for my skin since i have rosy undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by LaLaguna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as a dupe for Benefit High Beam and I've been loving it! It was 13.99 at CVS making it exactly 10.01$ less then Benefit High Beam. I recommend getting this on a BOGO because it's a little bit pricey for a drugstore product.

The packaging could be better. While the brush is very nice I don't see much point in it. The packaging is a sqeezy tube with a brush attached, and the product comes out from the brush. But it's hard to control were you apply the product and how much of it. Also it might sweep some of your makeup off. So I prefer to squeeze it out and then put it on my finger and apply it to my face from there.

I got this in Pink Light. At first I was a bit worried that it was too pink, but it was pretty sheer. It smelled kind of floral. The color blended out to be a more white pearl, with sort of an "angel" glow. It blended quite nicely into a very natural shimmery finish and it didn't accentuate my pores.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by womanwarrior

OMG! It's Skinlights, reincarnated in a smaller, brush top tube! I actually got this in Pink, since I still have some Bare Light in the old Skinlights packaging. The new product even has the same citrusy sort of fragrance as the old stuff. Pink is definitely wearable on my NC30 skin, much sheerer than Benefit's High Beam, which appeals to me for that "angelic" sort of look, but is too expensive, more shimmery, and has even crappier packaging than the Revlon Spa Illuminator.

Other than the fact that it now costs $13.99 and the package is smaller than the old kind, my one gripe is: why the built in brush? When you squeeze the tube, way more than one application comes out, leaving you with gloppy bristles? The old kind had a pump that dispensed just the right amount. Still, I'm not complaining, will go back and buy more when these go BOGO. The quality is on par with HE and the price is less than half (esp. when on sale).

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

I snagged this product the other day when I saw it at my grocer's! I was sooo excited because I never got a chance to try the Skinlights line and I heard so many good things about it. I got mine in Gold Light 030. I agree with the last poster; you only need a small amount. I really like the way it makes my face glow. I am going to try mixing it with my Colorstay foundation. The brush is superfluous in my opinion. I don't need a icky brush to come with my makeup, I have my own brush collection! If you look beyond that, it's a great product. Revlon, please don't discontinue!

Edit: Still loving this illuminator! I took some pliers and gently pulled off all the bristles. It came off very effortlessly and in two clean pulls. Now I have a great applicator with no messy brush!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a new product added to the Age Defying Spa line from Revlon.There is also a pink highlighter (presumably for cool skin tones)available. My take is this is a replacement for the Skinlights,possibly?? At any rate,this is in the same packaging as the ADS foundation,complete with brush.Bare light is a beigey gold shade,and a little goes a long way.I accidentally applied a dime to nickel sized amount and looked like I should be dangling from the rafters at a dance hall,that combined with the tin man.It also has an SPF of 15; the back of the tube says "apply before sun exposure."I guess the caveat is don't apply too much,or you'll be vying with the sun for brightness.I think a small amount mixed with foundation might be the ideal use.
This set me back around $14 USD @ CVS-BOGOF this week so I grabbed a Colorstay foundation as well.Thus far it has not broken me out or made me itch-will update if that changes.I would buy again despite the high drugstore price (my HG TBS highlighter is the same price,but I have to drive 30 min to get it) for the convenience factor,and probably during a BOGOF sale.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No