July 31, 2014 | 2128 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

A friend at work got me started on finding the perfect nude lip color last year. This is it. I just purchased my second one today. I liked it when I first got it last spring, but it never looked that great on me, but I stuck with it because it wasn't drying and looked natural. I switch up my lippies every day so it wasn't a big issue. However, recently I got this shade out and found the best way for me to wear it. I put on a coat of soft nude, blot, then lightly line my lips with a rose Estee Lauder lip liner and follow with a light coat of shimmery rose Estee Lauder lippie (Pure Color in Pink Parfait) that is almost a balm--very light and slippery. Soft Nude also looks good with Smashbox Limitless lip gloss over it--just a dot in the center of my lips and a little on the top to add some natural looking shine. Anyone who wants a perfect look with nude lipstick needs to have perfectly exfoliated and moisturized lips or it will look cracked and unnatural. Revlon has made my perfect nude and I hope they never discontinue this shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I thought this was going to be great hearing all the great reviews. When I first saw the color it was very nice but, when I tried to put this on it was quite hard so I rubed and rubed and nothing just a sheer hazelnut. I kept putting more on for some time and could not get anything but a sheer nude shade out of this. I was looking for a nude that would mute out my lips or something similar to my fairest nude. The consistency was hard almost as if this was a very bad waxy lip liner. Fairest nude is by far a better pigmented lipstick get that instead esp if you do not have fair skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

I have struggled to find THE perfect nude lipstick (and lip liner) for so long. I've tried so many different brands and colours, and they have almost always been either too pink or too beige/orange for my neutral NC20 skin tone. I prefer pinky nudes.

I bought this lipstick the other day after doing some research on MUA and I have to say that this colour (Soft Nude) is neither too pink or too beige/orange for me which is surprising considering how beige the stick looks.

It is still a little more beige than I would like it to be but it is quite a flattering colour: one of the first beige-leaning lipsticks that actually works on my skintone.

I would probably wear this more in summer when my skin is a bit darker because darker skin will probably make it less beige looking.

It's not my absolute favourite but it is one of those products I can still keep wearing even though I don't love it.

I wouldn't buy it again but it is a good quality product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by 7hou

Although, i'm a typical asian girl with the fair-ish complexion, i easily hit NC30 in the summer when my body gets more tan.

with this being said its beyond me why this lipstick gives me this impression it isnt really nude... when i apply one coat to my lips it gives me this brown plum hue?

scent: i HATE the scent. its very chemical like..... ugh.
    texture: great texture, nourishing?
    price: i paid around 20-30 AUD for it here.... would easily go MAC over this,

prefering the MAC creme d' nude over this anyday..... the undertones to this just dont compliment me very well :S

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly89

I never wear nude lipsticks.... And i probably never will! I really just don't see the logic behind them, I mean if I wanted my lips to be nude, I'll just leave them bare. And even if I did want to venture out and wear a nude lip, I cannot for the life of me get it to look good on me. But the reason I bought this lipstick is because i wanted to use it as a base for some of my brighter/ darker lipsticks and lipglosses to make them lighter and more wearable. I llike mixing my lipsticks and controlling their intensity and i find that this lipstick lets me do just that. That's really the only use that I really have for this lipstick. Overall, nice texture and quality. I really do enjoy the revlon color burst line.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Omykiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Just ventured out into the lipstick world today..... I have never owned/bought one before because I have large lips and did not want to draw too much attention to them. Thanks to the reviews on here, I decided to try this colour as one of my firsts.
    I have to say I was sorely disappointed at first when I swatched it... it pulled wayyy orange on my inner forearm/wrist. I bought Petal instead (matches my lips so well I can't really tell I'm wearing it). I left the store I was in and went to my second stop on the shopping trip. Off to the cosmetics I went and tried the Soft Nude on my actual lips. Big difference! It was beautiful!
    I am pale w/yellow undertones, and quite pigmented lips. I can't achieve a true nude with this colour, it's too sheer and my lips have too much natural colour, but it tones them down enough so my smokey eye can take the spotlight! I'm glad I took the chance with this lipstick!
    I feel the need to write that although I like and would repurchase this lipstick, I personally need the Pink Sugar shade to camouflage my lips to the extent that I would expect a "nude" to be

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

I loved nude lipsticks..and nude blushes... so this was a must have after reading some reviews! I'm in love with it!!! VERY PRETTY NUDE COLOR! does not wash you out like I heard the Nude Attitude has done to some people. This color is a peachy nude with a pink undertone to it... very pretty... whatever you do..DO NOT APPLY TO CHAP LIPS!!! NEVER GLIDE IT..PAT IT ON over a chap stick..& add a gloss on top..lasting power sucks tho:(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by majorbummmer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

love love loooove this lipstick. the packaging is nice and sturdy, doesn't feel flimsy at all. the bullet is shaped a little weirdly, but i work around it, and if you really don't like it you could always use a lip brush! tbh it's a bit expensive for a drugstore product, at around $8-$10 bucks, but i got it on sale for around $5 so i'm good. i love the color so much though that i would gladly repurchase it at full price!!!! this was my first really nude lipstick (before i just wore MLBB shades), and i'm so glad that i chose this one! the color is amazing on me. it's very peachy, so while it does significantly lighten my lips it still has color to it. it doesn't wash me out and give me the dreaded concealer lips. however, it does go on pretty patchy and unevenly. i wear clear lipgloss over it to fix that problem! and if you have flakey lips this lipstick will probably accentuate that. also it won't last through eating. overall, i love this lipstick and it was a great lead-in to the world of nude lipsticks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alright, I really love this lipstick for its use as a lipstick but did you know it works decently as an undereye concealer/corrector?

I couldn't find my normal correctors for some reason (benefit erase paste or bobbi brown corrector) and I happened to also put on soft nude. It looked really similar to my bobbi brown corrector (because mine's a shade too light, but it still looks normal and matches well enough). Lo and behold it was actually good to use in a pinch as a corrector. Its creme finish has a "brightening" effect and the slight stickiness of it made my yellow undereye concealer stick to it :D

It's not perfect but if you absolutely need a corrector quick and you want to use 1 product for 2 things, it's fine :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I baught this many years ago and and I thought it was perfect. After wearing it so many times, it isn't so perfect. First off, it flakes, and doesn't last long. Especially after you've eaten. It's not completely matte, yet not shiny. This isn't a good lipstick for winter, because of the flaking, it causes dried lips and emphases it. It's a peachy type of nude. I like that it feels smooth at first going on the lips, and that it doesn't have a scent. The packaging is classy, I think the little suprise of the engraved "Revlon" wording when you pop out the lipstick is cute even though there's no point. I'd re-purchase a few times, but that's it.