October 25, 2014 | 1711 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This eye primer should be called "STAY AWAY". This is THICK and doesn't smooth out properly. I hated this! waste of money! I found the Urban Decay eye primer and I haven't looked back.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Flippinsushi

I've been using a sample of this for about a year (making it last!) and I love it! I usually use it as a concealer and if I don't, I always regret it. Blends great, stays great. Someday I might even buy the full size.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ivettg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Worst primer I have ever tried. I've always been loyal to my primer potion, I thought I'd give this one a try. Have to say, it only lasts a few hours on my oily lids, unlike the other one I mentioned. I usually test out products at my workplace, to see if they last 8-10 hours. This one failed miserably, after only a few hours my eyeliner transferred onto my upper part of my eyelids, and the eyeshadow faded as well. Thumbs down.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Shh23

Been trying this for a while. Looks a bit thick sometimes and blends badly. Not overly keen I find I have to work the product a lot to get a half decent result.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I got a mini size of this in a benefit kit. I like that you can use it under your eyes as well, and it has a slight tint so it conceals a bit on your lids. It isn't the best lid primer but it does the job. I like it for under my eyes, it seems to help the creasing (although you could use a regular eye primer for that). I probably wouldn't re purchase because for the price I'd rather get urban decay primer potion.. but I'm enjoying it while I have it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Law1747

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only tried a few eye primers, and unfortunately this one did not make the cut. I have super oily eyelids and within a few hours I had caked eye shadow in my creases and faded eye shadow. Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Simone101

This product is extremely good! I love it! All day it stays put. Your eye shadows are on your eye lids until you take off your makeup. i have been looking for a eye primer lately and i found this product at Sephora, and it is amazing. I do recommend it. It is a little pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by HGL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was not sure how many stars to rate this - I give it a 5 for best undereye concealer out there. It doesn't work as a primer on the upper lid, though, so gets a 1 for that . . . if you have dark purple undereye circles and have had trouble finding something with the coverage to conceal them that doesn't look cakey or disappear (hello, Bobbi Brown, Tarte, and oh so many), this is HG - hands down the best thing out there.

My issues are a combination of super pale undereyes, to the point that my derm considered, and ruled, out vitiligo :-0 - combined with purple and blue areas, puffiness, and now since turning 50, deal with some redness thrown in. Argh. Additionally, I have long lashes and oily skin, so mascara tends to smudge on me unless I use a concealer that completely dries down and normally concealer generally doesn't last more than an hour or so without fading, melting, moving or getting splotchy. So this product has been really great for all that.

What I did while using this product was layer this as the first makeup layer, either using a brush or my fingers and patted (even when using a brush) to get good coverage. I sometimes did 2 layers. I let that dry and then applied Amazing Cosmetics concealer over it and got really good, natural looking coverage of bizarre undereye discoloration that defies most products out there. I did not need to use a powder, which I generally prefer to avoid under the eyes.

Benefit has recently come out with a "dark" color which I used when self-tanning - there are only 2 colors. This probably wouldn't work for someone with dark coloring. The color of the products are pretty neutral, not overly yellow or pink, in my opinion. I have very fair neutral to slightly warm coloring and usually use the "light" unless tanning. It is truly light, unlike many concealers out there. It is brightening also.

Unfortunately, however, there are some cons to the product that may apply to a few people. It contains bismuth, which some people are sensitive to. In my case, when used too close to the lash line on upper lids, caused lash fallout. I tested this repeatedly and it was definitely the cause. This was only an issue on the upper lids, thankfully. The product is really great for concealing upper lid discoloration but makes lids oilier, I think, so is pointless unless worn alone. It does crease when used on upper lids, not on lower. It is beautiful - unless it causes lash fallout :-( . I keep going back to it for undereye since it works so well but have found it mildly irritating to my eyes (causing watering), so have now found myself trying any number of concealers instead. I will try to add reviews on those also, for those searching for undereye solutions. The search continues. If anyone has found a HG for undereye mega-madness, please message me with your HG! Thanks! :-)

Update: as I am hitting 52 and having age-related changes in under eye area, this is no longer smooth enough for me. I am currently skipping concealer entirely and just using Cover FX or LM silk creme foundation and continuing to look for something that does not age me under the eye.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really hyped up about this when I worked at Sephora two years ago and thought it was a good product upon using it a few times. I recently scored the Pretty Committee deal on Ulta which came with this full sized and a sample size. I haven't even gotten to the full sized one yet and probably won't because the sample at least is not doing it for me. I notice my eyeshadow starts to look greasy and fade after about 5 hours--which hasn't seemed to happen with Too Faced primer which I am accustomed to using. Guess this one is a dud.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mommytwoboys78

I have light to medium (med. in summertime) with yellow skintone. This gives a nice light wash of color to the eyelid. It is like a bright concealer for me. It might not work on darker skintones if used alone. With eyeshadow it'll probably be okay. Sometimes, I liked just using this and mascara for a nude look. When used with eyeshadow, it gave me about 2 hours before my oily lids creased. This does not compare to my Urban Decay Primer Potion. Would not repurchase.