April 19, 2014 | 1976 users online

Pressed Powders - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup SPF 10

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I bought this because I wanted a bronzer and full coverage powder in one and the texture of the Diorskin was so smooth and moist on my skin, unlike any other powder I have tried. This powder has a moist-like quality that does not go on dry which is perfect for my normal-combination skin.

I bought this in the darkest color #50 Mocha for my medium tanned asian skin. I have tried applying this with the enclosed brush and a bronzing brush as foundation by swirling all 3 colors. However, this has pink undertones and shows up as red on my skin, so I would not recommend this color for asians. My skin looked burnt red, which was not very flattering.

This offers buildable coverage, evens out skin tones, and is very pigmented and easy to blend. The enclosed brush is high quality but it is too small and flat to use everyday to apply this powder. The included brush would work better for touch-ups.

I absolutely love the packaging. It is beautiful with its metallic silver cover and is durable and high quality. I would love to use this as an everyday powder but unfortunately the color did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm madly in love with all of Dior's Nude products. I started with the liquid, then the loose powder, then the concealer. When I found this compact, I had to have it too. And it has met all my expectations, and more.

It's not inexpensive, at $50 USD. It comes in a larger, heavier compact than I'm used to - it's a rectangular shape that's reminiscent of Clinique's newer packaging (the shiny, mirror-like squares that replaced their old green packaging. Inside, you'll see three strips of color: one to highlight, one to sculpt, and one to unify. You'll also find a flat brush - more on that later.

Initially I thought I could use the highlighter as, well, a highlighter, and the sculpting color as blush. I can't. The middle color, at least in the shade I take (20), is too sheer for that. I also didn't think I'd like the results of sweeping all three shades on my face - I'm yellow toned but prone to pinkness, and I hate adding any kind of pink to my skin. I thought the middle color would exacerbate any kind of redness issues I might have. Boy, was I wrong.

Swirling all three colors together (using the provided brush - wow! Never thought I'd see the day) makes for the most luminous, natural finish I've ever seen come from a pressed powder. How a product can seem both sheer and provide significant coverage is beyond me. It covers all of my pores but my skin still breathes. I don't look like I'm wearing makeup yet my skin looks flawless. The Dior gods are shining upon me!

And the brush. Oh, the brush! I am a brush fiend, buying the likes of Trish and MAC and Shu, and have always dismissed in-product brushes as total crap, horsehair. But the brush that accompanies this compact is soft and not prickly in the least. It picks up just the right amount of product. How convenient - finally I can appreciate a brush that comes in a package, instead of needing to carry a separate brush!

Brilliant, innovative product from Dior. From this combination to oily girl who's prone to redness - a heartfelt thank you!

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No