July 29, 2014 | 1913 users online

Hair Treatments - DermOrganic - Leave In Treatment with Argan Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by lbottaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I was thinking of getting the keratin treatment but now that i have found this awesome product - i don't need to now!! It's fantastic!!! It leaves my hair feeling soft, not frizzy, not oily, and easier to straighter! Absolutely love this stuff! Not really into the smell but the end result is worth more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this does a great job of softening my hair and making it shiny, it does little for me in terms of frizz control when my hair is damp. It seems to work better if my hair is dry. It smells wonderully like cherries to my nose and I like the ingredients. It is a bit expensive but not as bad as the moroccanoil. I paid twenty five bucks for my bottle at the local beauty supply by my apartment. All in all, I do like this product and will continue to use it until I finish the bottle. Not really sure if I would repurchase again. update: 1/5/13 I find this works better on dry hair for me. I get incredible shine and frizz control. I Still love the smell. The line is quickly becoming my favorite. giving this a five from a four.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is liquid gold. My hair has some kinky, frizzy dry spots because of my heritage and this made all of my hair soft, manageable and beautiful. I know that my hair will grow long and strong in this kind of condition. I got this item at CVS for about 25 [but i only paid 15$ with my extra care coupon!!] - this is a 5 star product, all the way. it OUTPERFORMS!! Its good that its in a dark bottle because sunlight may decrease the effectiveness of the argan/grapeseed oil. The price is kind of steep but for this kind of performance its worth it. The packaging quality is superb, easy to use. And yes, i would buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this! I was using Macadamia Oil Healing Oil, which I still like a lot, even more in some ways, but I seem to get good results with this oil as well.
My hair feels healthier and softer with Dermorganic, it seems to hide my split ends the best.
However when I used it on damp hair before blow drying, it didn't keep my frizz under control as well as other products. So I will only use it when I let my hair air dry, or on dry hair between washings.
The scent is ok, although I much prefer the Macadamia Oil one.
Also the Macadamia Oil works better as a finishing gloss after flat ironing and keeps my hair from frizzing.
I won't rebuy, but I will use this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by mbquinn33

The info from the bottle reads: Vegan hair care, no animal testing, no artificial preservatives, sulfate, gluten, sodium chloride, salt, parabens, MEA, DEA or dyes. It is enriched with omega-6 and antioxidants, and made with certified Argan oil from Morocco. It claims to ďAdd incredible softness and shine, revitalize and repair, protect from thermal damage, speed up drying time, restore optimal moisture balance.Ē

So here is how I use it on my hair. After showering, I brush my hair out and put a little less than Ĺ a teaspoon into the palms of my hands. I rub them together and apply it starting at the ends and gradually comb it through to the top using my fingers. Then I just style as usual. Itís also a great skin moisturizer so I rub the rest of it into my hands when Iím done, or onto my kitten Monsterís fur it makes her nice and soft! Also a final tip is to take an unused mascara wand like the ones from Sephora they use for samples and put a little bit on the end of that and run it through your bare lashes to give them some more moisture and it has made a difference for me!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

If this products keeps doing what it is doing...then it will be my HG. I have used so many oils and serums that there are too many to count. I like the Macadamia Oil and Dove Nutritive lines a lot (see my reviews) and still think that they are great products. Lately though, i have been using everything to get my fried ends sort of moisturized. Everything helped - a little and some a lot. This stuff is different - I dont really know why. It should just be your regular silicone type serum with some oils thrown into the mix. For some reason, this is more than that. It softens my ends like nothing else has ( I have also been using Shea Moisture Repair Masque for the last few weeks which I think has a lot to do with it!). But, when I put this on my hair..it changes. It is not heavy or greasy or weighed down. It feels like, well, my hair used to! Light, nice waves where I want them and straight and smooth in the areas that I blow dry. Every other serum or oil that I have used made my hair eventually greasy and/or just did not really seep into my hair (I think I have used them all - my two favs being the Macadamia oil and believe it or not - the Dove Nutritive oil - great drugstore product!). they all made my hair LOOK better, but i knew the truth- gross damaged hair underneath. I bought this on a whim b/c i had heard some good things about it and even though my hair is growing in healthier, the ends were still so unmanageable that I needed to try something that i hoped would work. I am desperately trying to grow out shorter layers so I need the ends to stay healthy so I dont have to keep trimming them. This does work really well. Really....I am so shocked b/c nothing else has really come through like this has for me. It has only been about a week so I will update if anything changes. I am waiting for the let down, but I have a feeling that this will keep on working well. It was 25.00 at CVS. Pretty pricey, but it will last a while and if it works then I will keep purchasing. I also like that it is not colored. I worry that some of the other darker oils (Moroccon Oil, One 'n Only) will change the color of my blonde highlighted hair. They seem like they tend to make blondes brassy. This has not added colors, sulfates, etc. Seems like a great product!!!
UPDATE: April 2013: Still using this stuff. Love the smell and the results. I try to pick up a bottle whenever I see one at marshalls or tjmaxx Save a lot of money and I have seen no difference in the quality or results.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by kmcgowan73

I was using Moraccan Oil, but my cousin gave me a bottle of this and I fell in love. It doesn't seem to much different than the Moraccan Oil, but it is a little less expensive and it has a wonderful smell. I love what argan oil does for my hair.. helps to keep it smooth, soft and shiney! I have also recently started using the Dermorganics shampoo and hair masque. All 3 products together are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by jmatsuza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was suggested by my hair stylist and I'm so glad she gave me a sample to try. My hair instantly has a nice shine upon application without the product feeling too heavy on my hair. The scent is nice and even though the product appears to be oily (as in the name), it doesn't leave my hair feeling oily or greasy... just healthier.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by pimenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few months now and I'm loving it, doesn't weight my hair, tames the frizz and speeds the drying time, I also find it very moisturizing in fact it has replaced my conditioner and my curly hair looks much nicer and less oily now that I'm using this instead of conditioner.
Cons: it's first two ingredientes are silicons.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't really comment on the price of this product (I bought it for $15 at TJMaxx) but if I would have known how much I'd love it I would have stocked up.

I bought it while on a business trip in Stockton- I hate that town. I haven't traveled for work in awhile so naturally I forgot a few things, and by a few things I mean basically everything, including shampoo and conditioner. A couple days in I used the hotels offering because I was too exhausted to venture out. Naturally my hair looked terrible after using their horrible potions.

I picked this up after seeing it and reading the good reviews. The smell is slightly fruity, not great, but not intense or lingering. As with all skin/hair oils, less is more. A dime to quarter sized puddle easily works through my hair- I've been mixing it with a little of Dr. Bronner's creme to help it spread more easily.

It's by far the best detangler I've ever used on my fine but thick hair. Even after a frisky romp that I would normally have had to work conditioner through my hair to fix, I was able to easily brush my hair back into place. The oil gives a weightless and lasting smoothness that I haven't experienced with another product. Definitely worth a try.