November 21, 2014 | 1745 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

Omg. This nailpolish is sooo amazing.
It has the perfect minty shade and is deffintly one of my all time favorite nail polishes.
Is is really pigmented (you only need one coat) and it have a big brush.

Perfect for spring and summer!
- only down side is that Essie is really pricy were I live, but I will buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by AliceJessie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm typing this ever so carefully waiting for my first coat to dry. This is my first Essie polish so I was taken aback by the tiny brush! Being an OPI lover this was quite a size difference.
Anyway, I haven't applied polish in months so my application was pretty average however the formula is lovely. Not too gloopy, thick or thin. I will be applying another coat to even out my first attempt.
The color is gorgeous, pastel minty blue. A spring color for sure, but blow it, I'm wearing it for winter (I live in NZ)
Price wise I can't really say much as Essie is unavailable here so I sought out online measures and got my bottle for $13 NZD. Still pricey but compared to $26 for OPI from a store...
My first coat seems to be drying quickly, yay!
Love the bottle, so much I plan on many more Essie's :)
Will I repurchase? Yes if it breaks or ever runs out, although I have quite an OPI collection to work through.
Definitely pleased with my purchase and would recommend this to anyone who loves pastel colors.
Con: I have pink undertones but this has brought out the yellow in me. Only slightly though. Still, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaThomson

This polish is a beautiful colour, especially for spring/summer! I heard about it from a beauty guru on youtube- Bethany Mota (Macbarbie07). I have received many compliments when wearing it and I love the brush on Essie nail polishes as they are fairly big and equally spread the product :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite colors. It comes out more green than minty blue which I was not expecting but it is sooo pretty. I have never gotten more compliments on a nail color wearing this. The only downside is it is a little streaky during application but it comes out looking fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by fkl201041

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know it's been out for a while and there are now floating around with two versions of the color. One is bluer and the one that released currently is more similar to the original, which is a minty green. the one I got is the minty color that I always wanted but wasn't sure if it's right for me.

I didn't get it when it first came out because my skintone just won't go well with any pastel shades. I love this color and seeing all the hypes about it... and finding stores ran out of it... i just had to have it when i finally came across the new stock arrived in store... :P

I'm still not very sure if the color fits my skintone, and I'm just having it on as accent with turquoise and caicos just to be safe, but I think it's growing on me and I might finally try having it on as a full mani :)

Formula wise, it's a little gloopy, so it's a little tricky to apply. but once you got the right amount, it glides on nicely and you can have it perfect in one coat (and two coats might look a bit too thick if you're not careful enough.... due to the gloopiness i guess...? ) This is not the most self-leveling essie polish I own, but as a starky color like this, i think they have already done a pretty decent job.

update: i have just switched to a full mani with MCA and I just love it... the more i look at my nails the more i love the look! :D and i think it works better with 2 thin coats

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by pinkcl0uds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the color (even though it does not work perfectly with my skintone) and love how smoothly it guides on. No streaks at all! This color is great for the spring and summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by BlueBabyDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm kind of torn on whether to rate this polish as a 4 or a 5. It's a great color, but it was a tad streaky. It came out fine in the end, but you have to apply it fast or else it won't look smooth. And make sure to use a good quality top coat, because mine got worn at the tips within a couple of days. Also, I think I had my hopes too high when I got this. I've been looking for this polish in stores for the last couple of years because it looked nice, and everybody seemed to have it. I wanted to know what all the fuss was about and built up this image in my head that this polish was going to be the minty green/blue to end all mints.
I'm still not sure if it is. It's lovely and looks more blue or more green depending on the light. It's almost neon in some lighting. I just wasn't quite as wowed as I was hoping I would be. But that's my fault I guess. It is growing on me the longer I wear it though. So I think I'll go ahead and give it a 5.
Anyway, I'd definitely recommend it if you don't already have some minty turquoise polishes in your collection.
Dupes that I know of: Revlon Minted (more green), China Glaze For Audrey (deeper and more blue), China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint, Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet (pastel and less blue)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Ashliebella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite nail polish color :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

I LOVE this color! Such a cute color for spring. I have not found any issues with this nail polish. With two good coats, you've got a lovely opaque soft mint green color. My only issue with this is that the formula is a bit thick, so you've got to be quick and swift when applying it, or else it will partially dry and look clumpy and thick after a few seconds.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by flatteries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this color sitting around for about three years, and I remembered it being very streaky and hard to apply (might've been because I wasn't too great at polish), so I wore it maybe twice and put it away. I remember putting in a few drops of thinner about 5 months ago but forgot about it afterward.Fast forward to now, I saw a blogger wearing a minty color on her nails and it reminded me of this, so I decided to bring it out of hiding, and I loved it!!!! Yes, the first coat is streaky but a second coat is surprisingly all it takes to make everything nice and even. It's pretty shiny on its own, but topped with some seche vite it looks even more stunning. It's a great spring/summer color, and I know I'll be wearing it a lot this upcoming season! Lovelovelove.