October 24, 2014 | 1406 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer spf15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kikibug

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love tinted moisturizer for lazy days! :) For everyday, I switch between my mineral foundation and tinted moisturizer.

This formula is very light; it is definitely not a thick liquid, but more so of an almost mousse texture which I love. It makes it easy to apply as you can use your hands to blend the product onto your face.

As for coverage, this product has amazing coverage for a tinted moisturizer! It is borderline super light coverage foundation. It evens out my skin tone, and lightens the redness on my cheeks, although not completely as a foundation would.

The finish of this TM is definitely dewy - it makes your skin look very healthy and glowy, and best of all, it looks natural! It is somewhat buildable, but I would be cautious in putting too much or else it may become cakey. Instead, use concealer for those extra blemishes or covering up dark circles.

Many complain about separation in this product, but I have been using the same bottle for almost half a year now. It has not separated at all, although I did have to shake it the first time I ever used it. I guess I got a good batch, or maybe the others bought older batches sitting on Wal-mart shelves...

I would definitely repurchase this TM. I love it! (I gave it 4 stars out of 5 for it's lack of color range.)

I have this color in Tan although it is a bit too dark for me right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff on days when i dont want to wear alot of makeup. It evens out my skin tone and blends really nicely. It was 6 bucks at my local Walmart! Great deal in my opinion!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the formula -- a bit thicker than other TMs, provides good coverage, and I think it's a good alternative to foundations on humid days. It also lasts the whole day on me and my combo/oily skin (w/MAC blot powder to set). I have a few acne scars and dark marks, and this TM covers as well as (and better than a few) of the foundations I have, without feeling too heavy. The bad -- the lightest shade oxidizes on me, and looks really orange after an hour.

I haven't had the separation issue that many have had (my best friend has purchased 2 of these and have had both separate). I've had mine for like 8-10mos and it hasn't separated at all. I guess I got lucky there. I won't repurchase due to the oxidation, and because my luck will probably run out and I'll waste my money on one that separates.

EDIT: Yes, it did start to separate about two months after I wrote this. Boo.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by xthlx

This product is horrible. I have oily skin and this just made it worse. It does not show up on my skin if I apply it by itself so I tried to mix it with my Estee Lauder double wear. That didn't work out so well either b/c it made my face blotchy and streaky within hours. I was hoping this would be a good alternative to BB creams but the coverage is light to almost nothing. It just leaves your face feeling greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by memingwa

i have never broken out from a product before, but this broke me out! it provides nice coverage but looks orange. it has seperated too. wish i never bought it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by creestal

I don't know why, but the moisturizer separated into two layers within a week of purchase! Even before that happened, I got maybe one day of use out of it before the consistency started to change.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by SouthernFried

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as my personal opinion goes, I really liked this product. The color (light) matched really well once blended even though it looked too dark at first. It evened my skin and covered some redness. It finished dewy, which almost felt a little greasy to me, but once set with powder (Maybelline Dream Matte) the greasy feeling/look went away. The undertone was yellow based which was perfect for me.

As far as an unbiased critique:
PROS
-Evened the different tones in my face
-Coverage was light/natural - Didn't cover my mild redness, just helped make it less noticeable (decent for a TM, in my opinion)
-Dewy finish (could be a con for some)
-Not pink! (could also be a con for some)
-Tube! (again, could be a con for some)

CONS
-As many others have stated, my product separated in the tube as well after only one week. (It looks disgusting and since then I have been too afraid to put it on my skin so I'm not sure if the product still "works." Shaking mixes it for about 30 seconds, but then it separates again.)

I really liked this product. It was about to reach HG status as a TM until it did the separation thing. I'm afraid I will not repurchase because of that issue. Even for a drugstore brand, Hard Candy is a little expensive (to me) to be playing Russian Roulette with whether or not the product is good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by damnshutup

One day at Wal-mart I passed by the Hard Cardy section and decided to try this tinted moisturizer. I had no knowledge of any kind of reviews of this product and I as soon as I tried it, I was very impressed on how this looked and felt on my skin. I love this! I used the ultra sheer primer first then the moisturizer and i don't think i've seen my face look this natural and even. I used revlon colorstay and thought it was great even though it made my skin flake but now I'm about be a Hard Candy fanatic! I will definitely try this again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

i purchased this in "light", which is the 2nd lightest shade. it works on my nc25 skintone fairly well, maybe just a smidge darker. word of caution that this formula is lighter in the tube than on the skin. it also oxidizes a bit. i picked "light" because "fair" looked very pink in the tube. the formula is very mousse-like and blends very easily on the skin. the coverage is a little bit more than the laura mercier tm; in fact, i would actually call this a light-coverage foundation. i detect the tiniest bit of shimmer in this tm, but overall it dries to a satin finish. i have used this product daily for the past couple of months, and have not had the separating issue noted by previous reviewers. overall, i think this is a great inexpensive drugstore tm that i would continue to purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I finally gave up foundations and after hearing all the rave reviews on this TM for $8 I had to try it. I'm a Neutral 20-25 and picked up Light.

I've been using it for over two weeks now and it has been separating into a part oil and part light pigmented cream. I figured I could live with giving it a very good shaking everyday before applying. However now it has started oxidizing in the container the oily separation is daily turning a darker orange color. So now I have a TM that is more of a Light/Medium and that I have shake the bejesus out of it to get it to an almost workable consistency.

In it's new state it still works, but now my face is shade darker than my neck. So I will be picking up something to replace this, which is a shame because it looks great on and hasn't broken me out. I'm just not up for a product that requires so much work and darkens in color over a short span of time.