July 25, 2014 | 1751 users online

Fragrances - Avon - In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is truly one of Avon's finest fragrance blends. It does not have that typical Avon smell if you know what I mean. In general, there are not many scents that I can wear that don't give me a headache and In Bloom is one of them. I adore the peach/tea opening scent. Then it turns into a soft gardenia floral followed by a sweet amber woods backdrop. Simply lovely and very feminine without being overpowering. Only thing is that I wish the peachy tea opening scent lingered longer as that is what I like best about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2009 6:33:00 AM More reviews by danielle104

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A pretty, feminine, delicate floral ... and there is something in this, that reminds me of Ralph Lauren's Glamorous. Not implying this is an exact copy, but if you like this, you might like In Bloom as well. The In Bloom bottle is cute, it is similar to Guerlain's Insolence/My Insolence.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by SimAstudilo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an Avon Rep and from the second my Sales Leader spritzed this on me i was hooked!

I have bought the limited edition version and have 2 large bottles with a load of matching body lotions and shower gels, oh and the body mist! lol

I absolutlley love the packaging, very cute!!

the fragrance is so feminine its lovely, but not too overpowering as i am incredibly sensitive to strong perfumes. This has definatly become my signature fragrance!! Love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by franciepants

Purchased today after trying a sample. Really love this. Warm, lightly floral scent. I do get the peach / tea about mid-level and a definite amber base. Very comforting. There is something haunting about this that I really like - almost like you can't get enough! As with many other Avon scents, it's not long lasting on me but don't mind reapplying for this one! Will purchase again. Good job Avon and the lovely Reese for the inspiration.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample vial from my avon rep, and what a pleasant surprise!!! I really like this fragrance. This is everything Dolce&Gabbana The One should have been. Both have peach notes, but this one definitely stands out as very feminine. It reminds me of Avon Rare Gold perfume but In bloom is very toned down version of the gardenia so its a lil musky at first, thats why I'm rating a 4. But remember the dry down is like peach tea leaves, so its mild afterwards. Thank you 2009 for bringing back feminine colognes such as Idole Armani, MJ Lola, In Bloom, I'm glad the dry woodsy stageiin fragrances is over: Prada, Betsy Johnson, euphoria. In Bloom is an eau de parfum and it lasts the longest on me for few hours. The price is even nicer, $34 for 1.7oz, when other perfumes start off at $45 just for the 1oz, you can find it even cheaper on ebay. And of course, who doesnt love miss Reesy!!! I like her alot more than other celebrities or their fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by thvelma

This is a very nice, fresh fragrance. It smells peachy and floraly. It is not too overpowering and does not give me a headache. I tend to get headaches from fragrances that are too overpowering. I really like this fragrance and will probably buy again. The bottle with the flower lid is very cute. This would make a good gift as it seems like a versatile fragrance with wide appeal.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by smoochapooch

When I saw the advertising and the gorgeous bottle, I was getting pretty excited, and then add Reese Witherspoon.....I'm thinking this is going to be REALLY good stuff! Lo and behold, the same miserable stink juice that Avon produces, time and time again. I would LOVE to figure out that one common denominator that Avon uses in almost all of its scents, and I would like to take that repulsive ingredient and dump it off the edge of the earth.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

IN BLOOM by REESE WITHERSPOON applies with the freshness of tea leaves and the slightest hint of sweetness, which I guess is the peach.

The floral heart reminds me of freshly cut flowers in a florist, and the fragrance never seems to sweeten on me, but other people disagree. Must be my body chemistry; white florals always seem bitter on me.
The floral heart notes mix completly with the amber base, preventing it from being sweet again.

There is tuberose and some other unnamed floral notes in the base, but I canít identify the other floral notes as the heart notes are so closely intertwined with the base.

I'm enjoying my bottle, but it's not something I'd rebuy for myself. If the tea note was longer lasting and the peach note was more prominant I might to tempted: but as it there's nothing new or exciting about this to make it stand out from the many other floral perfumes available.

I do think this would make a great gift choice; IN BLOOM by REESE WITHERSPOON is a classic floral that can be worn by a woman of any age, for most ocassions.

The price is fantastic for such a well blended EDP and the lasting power is also good Ė it outlasts any other Avon perfume Iíve tried.
However I have to say the bottle doesnít match the lovely fragrance at all; itís ugly and looks cheap and tacky.

Scent notes; Peach, tea leaves, greenery, magnolia, gardenia, jasmine, cashmere, flowers (?) and amber crystals.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No