Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo

3.3

Water, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Cocamide MEA, Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetrio, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Silk Amino Acids, Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Glycol Distearate, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Cyclopentasilozane, Dimethiconol, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Polyquaternium-10, SodiumPCA, Quaternium-80, Polyquaternium-7, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, PEG-150 Pentaerythrytyl Tetastearate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenozyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Red 33 (Cl1700), Yellow 5 (Cl19140), Fragrance (Parfum).

on 4/2/2012 8:13:00 AM

I have long fine, bleached hair and lots of it. I've tried what seems like every shampoo on the market and nothing makes my hair shine like the Moroccan Oil shampoo and conditioner. My hair is so soft now I can't stop touching it.
I have gone from washing my hair every three days to once a week!

I've not experienced itchiness, oiliness or residue that others have at all.

Oh and it smells so good!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I adore Moroccanoil smell, it is one of my favourite smells ever. However, I think this shampoo would do a better job on less overprocessed and damaged hair than mine. Tried to use it with the matching conditioner and didn't see any effect (apart from the smell which is lovely). A bit overpriced in my opinion.

on 3/25/2012 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought into the hype on this stuff...I don't have dry/damaged hair - it's normal, sometime frizzy - esp if highlighted.

I love the smell of this..and I do like the light oil. I don't blow dry my hair but the oil gives it a quick "finished" look after the shower. I found that the shampoo didnt really do anything for or against my hair..I always cheap DS shampoo and am fine with it - so maybe I just dont like sulfate free stuff.

Why do hairstylists reco this after the Brazilian Keratin treatments?!?! I am so mad...after finishing this stuff I went out and bought another bottle as it was reco'd for post treatment. Do people not realize this has sodium chloride in it?!

on 2/2/2012 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I realize that every beuaty product out there works differently for different people. Well this product works for me! I have spent so much money over the yrs on hair products from different dye jobs and cuts/styles. I am naturally brunette, medium thickness, wavy hair, that is naturally pretty healthy and shiny. I had tried the CO "curly girl" method, but that was an epic fail (I swore it would work). I was desperately trying to cut back on the number of times I wash my hair in a week (for example, less that every day like I was doing).

And alas, one day it happened. I went into the beauty supply store fully intending to spend outrageous cash on NanoWorks and bought this instead bc they were out. This shampoo has allowed me to actually naturally dry my hair and wear it down (and in public)! I get so many compliments on the shine and how fast it grows.

Pros:
- i love the scent (and so does the bf, always a plus)
- provides lather despite having less harsh sulfates/chemicals
- hair actually still 'feels' clean
- i am able to cut back on heat styling since I can wear my hair naturally
- for the above reason, my hair is growing faster since I am cutting back on damage and not needing cuts as frequently

Cons:
- price! (although for the amount you need to use and the results, I will gladly pay the price)

on 1/31/2012 4:53:00 PM

Since I've made a repair treatment at my hairdresser's I bought from her professional products such as Artego's and I was fine with them, but then I decided to give Moroccanoil shampoo+conditioner combo a try. A small amount is enough to clean your hair, so it's pretty good if you consider the price (30 in Italy, it's almost 40$). Hair is soft and easy to comb, scent is delicious. I must say I was not completely impressed, maybe because I was already used to professional products, however this product is worth its price and its fame. My only advice is to rinse VERY well, because if you don't it could leave greasy spots in your hair.
And I would like to know if I'm the only one who noticed that her hair becomes greasy and dirty more easily than when they didn't use Moroccanoil Shampoo..because it happens to me sometimes

on 1/25/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is amazing for the hair. I have really long hair and I live in a very cold climate and use central heating all the time and it takes it toll on my hair. This adds moisture, shine, bounce and makes the hair and scalp healthy and hydrated. The reason why I will not repurchase this is because it breaks me out soooo badly and there is no way I can use this for a longer period of time. I use this once a month or so just to finish it, but no more than that. A shame really, because the effect on the hair is beautiful - I just can't use it.

on 11/23/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm surprised by the negative reviews, I found this shampoo really good! Very luxurious feeling, smells great and my hair was so soft and shiny after (in use with the Moroccanoil conditioner). I loved it!

on 11/19/2011 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Let me start by saying I have thick, coarse curly hair and have the Brazilian Keratin treatment. My salon recommended this shampoo as an alternate to the super expensive Nanokeratin shampoo as the Moroccanoil rep assured them that it is safe for BKT hair. Well, IT'S NOT"!!! The shampoo has sodium chloride in it, which in addition to sulfates, is a no-no for BKT hair. I had been upset that my BKT hadn't stayed in the last few months and was considering alternate treatments before I found out about sodium chloride not being good for BKT ( I knew about the sulfates) and saw that it was in my shampoo. Will never use again. If you do have the same hair as me but not using BKT, it should be fine.

on 11/19/2011 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I agree with some of the other comments about the greasy clump situation. I purchased the conditioner, which I love, and bought the shampoo on a whim to replace my usual Kerastase. At first I thought the shampoo was great, i.e., shiny hair, nicely fragranced, and overall soft. Then I noticed my hair felt greasy within a day of washing. I usually only wash my hair every three days and it NEVER gets oily. I blamed the extra oil production on stress. But after reading other comments, I think its the shampoo. I wouldn't purchase again for my finer textured hair but this would be great for curly, courser hair.

on 10/28/2011 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this for a month now and i do like it. I have very thick hair and this makes my haor smooth and more manageable no complaints. Works great with the moroccan hair oil as well.

Popular Shampoos