October 22, 2014 | 2004 users online

Shampoo - Moroccanoil - Moisture Repair Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought into the hype on this stuff...I don't have dry/damaged hair - it's normal, sometime frizzy - esp if highlighted.

I love the smell of this..and I do like the light oil. I don't blow dry my hair but the oil gives it a quick "finished" look after the shower. I found that the shampoo didnt really do anything for or against my hair..I always cheap DS shampoo and am fine with it - so maybe I just dont like sulfate free stuff.

Why do hairstylists reco this after the Brazilian Keratin treatments?!?! I am so mad...after finishing this stuff I went out and bought another bottle as it was reco'd for post treatment. Do people not realize this has sodium chloride in it?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I realize that every beuaty product out there works differently for different people. Well this product works for me! I have spent so much money over the yrs on hair products from different dye jobs and cuts/styles. I am naturally brunette, medium thickness, wavy hair, that is naturally pretty healthy and shiny. I had tried the CO "curly girl" method, but that was an epic fail (I swore it would work). I was desperately trying to cut back on the number of times I wash my hair in a week (for example, less that every day like I was doing).

And alas, one day it happened. I went into the beauty supply store fully intending to spend outrageous cash on NanoWorks and bought this instead bc they were out. This shampoo has allowed me to actually naturally dry my hair and wear it down (and in public)! I get so many compliments on the shine and how fast it grows.

Pros:
- i love the scent (and so does the bf, always a plus)
- provides lather despite having less harsh sulfates/chemicals
- hair actually still 'feels' clean
- i am able to cut back on heat styling since I can wear my hair naturally
- for the above reason, my hair is growing faster since I am cutting back on damage and not needing cuts as frequently

Cons:
- price! (although for the amount you need to use and the results, I will gladly pay the price)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by brandyxander

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Since I've made a repair treatment at my hairdresser's I bought from her professional products such as Artego's and I was fine with them, but then I decided to give Moroccanoil shampoo+conditioner combo a try. A small amount is enough to clean your hair, so it's pretty good if you consider the price (30 in Italy, it's almost 40$). Hair is soft and easy to comb, scent is delicious. I must say I was not completely impressed, maybe because I was already used to professional products, however this product is worth its price and its fame. My only advice is to rinse VERY well, because if you don't it could leave greasy spots in your hair.
And I would like to know if I'm the only one who noticed that her hair becomes greasy and dirty more easily than when they didn't use Moroccanoil Shampoo..because it happens to me sometimes

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by NK207

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing for the hair. I have really long hair and I live in a very cold climate and use central heating all the time and it takes it toll on my hair. This adds moisture, shine, bounce and makes the hair and scalp healthy and hydrated. The reason why I will not repurchase this is because it breaks me out soooo badly and there is no way I can use this for a longer period of time. I use this once a month or so just to finish it, but no more than that. A shame really, because the effect on the hair is beautiful - I just can't use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by mellabella88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised by the negative reviews, I found this shampoo really good! Very luxurious feeling, smells great and my hair was so soft and shiny after (in use with the Moroccanoil conditioner). I loved it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by HRH_UK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying I have thick, coarse curly hair and have the Brazilian Keratin treatment. My salon recommended this shampoo as an alternate to the super expensive Nanokeratin shampoo as the Moroccanoil rep assured them that it is safe for BKT hair. Well, IT'S NOT"!!! The shampoo has sodium chloride in it, which in addition to sulfates, is a no-no for BKT hair. I had been upset that my BKT hadn't stayed in the last few months and was considering alternate treatments before I found out about sodium chloride not being good for BKT ( I knew about the sulfates) and saw that it was in my shampoo. Will never use again. If you do have the same hair as me but not using BKT, it should be fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by DaniellaD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with some of the other comments about the greasy clump situation. I purchased the conditioner, which I love, and bought the shampoo on a whim to replace my usual Kerastase. At first I thought the shampoo was great, i.e., shiny hair, nicely fragranced, and overall soft. Then I noticed my hair felt greasy within a day of washing. I usually only wash my hair every three days and it NEVER gets oily. I blamed the extra oil production on stress. But after reading other comments, I think its the shampoo. I wouldn't purchase again for my finer textured hair but this would be great for curly, courser hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a month now and i do like it. I have very thick hair and this makes my haor smooth and more manageable no complaints. Works great with the moroccan hair oil as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the ammount of money you are paying for these over priced products youd think youd be getting alot of argan oil but yet in EVERY MOROCCANOIL PRODUCT argan oil is very low on the ingridient list, this shampoo was good the first time then you will get a silicone feel to your hair , i DONT UNDERSTAND why this shampoo has 4DIFFERENT silicones in it ,..... that is completly unessessary. the one n only version of this shampoo is WAY BETTER (argan oil is high on the ingridient list and NO silicones) will no repurchase everrrrr

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

This shampoo is pretty good. The fragrance is much more subdued than the oil or hydrating mask - it's nice.
It did a satisfying job of leaving my hair soft. Not SUPER soft, but a lot better than some other products I've been using.
But do note that this is full of sodium-derived ingredients, which can be stripping for hair. I'm switching to Aquage silkening hair products for color-treated hair when this bottle is up, they sound great.

Update: it has so many sodium-based ingredients that strip the hair. I think I'm going to switch to Aquage shampoo/conditoner.