July 29, 2014 | 1757 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

This is the best lotion I have ever used. It keeps my very dry skin moist and itch free even in the cold hard winter. I am on my second bottle. It doesn't really have a scent which I like, so it is not mixing with my perfume. It is not greasy and it is very absorbent. I have sensitive skin and this does not bother it. I have tried so many lotions for my dry skin, some are pretty good, but not as good as this. I always have a backup bottle on hand. I will continue to buy as long as they sell it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful lotion for dry, itchy skin. My skin gets so miserable in the winter and no other lotion or oil I've tried helps as much as this does. It feels slightly cool going on and absorbs quickly with no greasiness at all. It almost has a powdery feel to it. This leaves my skin soooo soft and smooth. It's very soothing and I truly don't itch after using this. I would definitely repurchase and recommend to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have an issue with itchies but my hubby and daughter do. This lotion is uber moisturizing, and keep skin smooth the whole day (unless you're washing your hands, then you definitely need to reapply). Best lotion I've tried this past year.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by brwneydgirl38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For as long as I can remember i have had the worst winter itch you can imagine, scratching myself raw, I have tried lotion after lotion and even been given one by my Dr. which did nothing. After 1 day of using this I immediatley noticed I wasnt scratching, almost a week later now of using this daily I am itch free.
I am beyond belief and thrilled that there is finally something out there that actually works and is only around $7 for a large bottle. Buy this, you will not be sorry! Curel PLEASE do not discontinue this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by MES

I'm currently on my second bottle of Curel Itch Defense and will definitely be purchasing more. I suffer from eczema which flares up more in the winter. The original Eucerin actually makes my Eczema worse so I was really glad to see something new. The price is great, about $6 for a 13oz bottle. It's not at all greasy, which is a definitely plus

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by beaniejadepop

I put that on my legs after showering, and they make my legs feel good!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have suffered with Eczema for the last couple of years and thought I would be bound to pricey prescription creams for life. I was walking the aisles of my local Walmart when this stuff caught my eye. The large sized bottle was only $6 so I thought, why not??! I'm so glad I took the chance on another moisturizer claiming freedom from dry, irritated skin.
The formula is watery and yet creamy. It goes on so smooth and instantly provides that ahhhhhhhh feeling. This cream can feel much like silicone if you apply too much to one area, so its best to work with a little and add more if you need it. I love that it's unscented so I can still work with any other fragrances that I love to wear daily. Within a week my dry patches started to heal which seemed like a miracle since some of the patches I had were around for a year and nothing seemed to help. My legs feel smooth daily, even if I happen to forget to apply one day. Anyone with troublesome skin should definetly pick this stuff up.
*Update* I hate this stuff!!!! After using it for awhile longer, I noticed that it had some ill effects on my skin. I wonder how it got the National Eczema Association acceptance?? This made my skin worse!! I notice it just sits on the skin, never really settles into it. This stuff really pissed off my skin. Will never use again!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate using lotion. Im pretty sure this is why I get really itchy skin. I love this lotion. Its pretty much scent free and it leaves your skin really really soft. I am always itchy from my legs and hands and i was starting to think i was allergic to something but i bought this and now I really dont itch. I dont like thats its like almost 10 dollars but thats just about as much as a VS lotion cost and it does not have many moisturizing benefits and dsnt help itchy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by MarciaChia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm using my second 25 oz bottle, and will continue using it.

I have atopic dermatitis/eczema type of skin and sometimes folliculitis on my legs. I have itchy red bumps, inflammation, flaky skin, all sorts of problems on my legs, I would scratch it so much to a bleeding level, and the skin on my legs feel like burned in dry winter. This is not only uncomfortable but also it leaves many scars.

I have tried many, many lotions, and I have seen many, many dermatologists for it, but nothing works as well as this Curel lotion. Most of the lotions leave a greasy, oily film on top of my flaky dry skin without penetrating and moisturizing, and the same time further irritate my itchy inflaming skin.

This is the only lotion that solves all the problems. I have seen the result after using it the very first time and I have continued seeing the results ever since. It hydrates and makes the skin of my legs supple, yes, supple ! It stops all sorts of itch, irritations and inflammations. It balances and absorbed fast, leaves absolutely no greasy feeling. It lasts in between showers. It heals my old scars, slowly, but definitely.
It has a white, light-weight, slightly-whipped type of texture, no smell, probably a hint of oatmeal-ish, like another reviewer has stated it, but it totally doesn't bother my very sensitive nose (and skin of my legs).

This is by far the only body lotion I rave about, and the only body lotion I'm buying the second big bottle of it. I hope this will always work and they won't continue the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by foxylesley29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If anyone here lives in Alberta, (particularly Calgary) you know how brutally dry it gets here in winter. This lotion was MADE for soothing your dry, flaky, itchy skin. I have recommended this to so many people so far, it works wonders. It makes my skin soft, moisturized, smooth for a whole 24 hours. It finally made me stop scratching my dry legs. It's the perfect lotion- unscented, fairly cheap and it WORKS.