April 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Totally Toffee

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by lavenderbleu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really natural looking color. Very work appropriate and kind of fool proof in that it would match up well with either a warm or cool eye/face look. It sort of reminds me of a Jennifer Aniston look as she usually wears a neutral nude shade. I find the formula to be a little too sheer for my taste though. In general, I just prefer creams and this one is more of a sheer, slightly frosty consistency. I'm also not very fond of the packaging on the CS line in general. The cap is too clunky and it seems sort of oversized, like they could have eliminated a lot of the plastic and made the cap smaller.Overall a nice color, but not my favorite formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Brunettegirl

I am shocked that I am reviewing a "drug store lipstick", lol but this is pretty darn good stuff ladies. First of all lets's talk price, I got my tube for $4.50 and it seriously reminds me of the Christian Dior Addict range I normally buy, both, packaging, and product. The big difference is CD is roughly $30.00 a tube, however a tad more moisturizing. Most lipsticks only accentuate my issue with dry lips, so I have pretty much stuck to Chanel and CD lipstick for this reason. I smeared this on expecting to rub it off in no time due to flakey lips, but much to my surprise my lipstick still looks creamy. As far as the color, I wanted it to look exactly like the lovely pictures posted above, (simply stunning on them) however on me shows up a fleshy-pinky-brown, which is still a nice color on my NC20 skin tone, just a hint different than I hoped. I am overall really impressed with this line and do plan on trying out a few more colors. There were so many beautiful colors to choose from and a price that can't be beat!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by santokie77

What more can I say about this product that hasn't been said already?
I've recently started buying drugstore makeup and is quite pleased with this little gem! Was watching a youtube video and the girl with the same coloring as me (NC30) Korean girl said this Maybelline Nude Blush was her favorite color. By the time I discovered it, this color is discontinued and based on Maybelline's website Totally Toffee is replacing the Nude Blush.
I really love the moisture to this lipstick and it's one of those lipstick you can reach for while driving and put it on without worrying about it going out of line!
I have told some of my friends to run out and get this l/s who have the same coloring as I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by teriyaki25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really bummed when Maybelline actually discontinued my favorite MLBB lipstick Nude Blush from the Moisture Extreme Collection. Their website recommended that Totally Toffee would be a similar color to Nude Blush. In the case, Totally Toffee looks a little more brown than Nude Blush while Nude Blush is more pink. But when I compared both on my lips, the colors were very similar. Their were only two problems I didn't like about this lipstick: the application & the smell. Compared to M.E. lipsticks, Totally Toffee doesn't glide on my lips as easily. Also, I liked that the M.E. lipsticks had a watermelon scent. This one however, it had a slight almost waxy scent, but is only noticeable if you actually smell it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by liplickity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful combination of nude and tan a beautiful light toffee that accents the lips beautifully with just a few strokes. I was able to go a few hours without it budging. It still looked great although faintly blotted still fresh when I applied my lip moisturizer. I could see others had noticed. People do notice when anyone plays up the lips nicely. The texture feels somewhat thick at first however not uncomfortable. After a good 10 minutes It wears creamy, comfortable and matte without shimmer flecks or other accents. There is a small scent to it not a fragrance scent similar to a crayon but not like the lipstick has gone old crayon. Its more of a clean clay scent that fades away quickly. It is such a great lipstick I will be exploring more shades. It is worth every dime and wears like a charm. I wore it on a whim and found a gem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me, the jury is still out on this color. On most people this would be considered a nude MLBB color, but on me it pulls pretty brown. I'm not sure if it's flattering on me or not. I normally stay far away from browns because they looks muddy on my cool, fair complexion. Nude Blush from Maybelline's soon to be d/c'd Moisture Extreme line was the one nude lipstick that was the perfect balance between pink and brown for me. The Maybelline website (as well as a few reviews here) said that Totally Toffee is very similar to Nude Blush, and it is (I will try to upload a comparison pic soon). However, Totally Toffee is just a tad more brown - enough that it's more of a stretch for me to pull off. Plus, the fact that the CS line is more drying means it almost looks matte going on, and it can look rather aging imo. In sum, I think this color is a good everyday lippie for those with neutral or warm undertones, but those with cool undertones I would recommend Warm Me Up instead (slightly more pink). I'm thinking of exchanging Totally Toffee for Plaza Pink, not sure yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by BabyGirlRina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG OMG OMG, I love this color soo much! It's my everyday color and a great nudish/neutral for my skin. It's practically the same color as my pigmented lips but it has a tan/nude effect to it. I recommend this for if you are around an NC 37, great nude!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by nessabear87

I love this lipstick on me! I was a little nervouse when I bought it because I was afraid that it was going to look to pink on me as I have very pigmented lips, but it looked great! It's a very nude brownish pink that matched my lips perfectly and I am dark skinned. This lipstick would probably do well with almost any skin tone. The texture is alright when I don't put anything on underneath, but with some lip butter, it truly is phenomenal! I definitely recommend this lipstick, I can't wait to try some of the other nude shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by orangeisacolour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

SO MUCH LOVE for this lipstick right here - one of the few that I can see myself repurchasing long into the future. This is *THE* MLBB lipstick for me. Since I have very pigmented lips (a deep rosy-red-mauve color, depending on the day, lol), it's really hard for me to find MLBB lippies that I like, because either the color or the depth is usually off - a lipstick that's pigmented and deep enough to be MLBB on my lips is usually also too red or too mauve for my liking, but this one is PERFECT. It's basically everything I wanted MAC VGV to be, but wasn't - MLBB color, creamy finish, goes on evenly, nice texture.

Anyway, on to the details! On me, this is a lovely neutral pink with just enough of a caramel-brown undertone to make it not an out-and-out PINK LIPSTICK. I can see this flattering a wide range of skintones, from fair to deep (I'm NC20, as a side note). It's about the same depth or darkness-wise as my lips, if that makes any sense, but it kind of neutralizes the red and mauve in them and shows up as this nice pinky-slightly-beigy color. The texture is REALLY nice - it's creamy but not overly "slick" so that it settles into fine lines in your lips, like I find some other creamy lipsticks (i.e. NYX Round Lipsticks) to be/do. The lipstick in the tube looks like it has shimmer, but there's no shimmer at all once on my lips, just a nice cream finish. It's actually a bit flatter than I like - not matte, but there's very little shine, and I do like a lustrous, almost-but-not-quite-glossy finish to my lips, so I dab a TINY bit of clear lipgloss on top just for that sheen. OMG writing this review is making me want to go put it on right now haha. The lipstick has a definite scent, sort of an artificial pseudo-vanilla scent, but it fades from my lips pretty quickly and doesn't bother me at all (and I'm pretty sensitive to scents). I actually quite like the packaging - the squared-off tube feels solid in my hand and there's a nice click when you close it. (I love it when lipsticks click shut, LOL.) Anyway, seriously, just buy this lipstick. You won't regret it, and you can probably get it BOGO too! I actually picked this one on a complete whim when Maybelline was BOGO50 at Rite Aid - I went in wanting to get Caramel Kiss and randomly grabbed Totally Toffee when I noticed the BOGO, but TT is sooooooo much prettier, haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gosh, this lipstick has got to be my favorite shade in the entire line! Basically, it's a warm tone neutral color with pink undertones, mlbb for me. If you look close at the lipstick, you can tell that there are tiny silver shimmer in it, BUT when you apply it to your lips, the shimmer does not show at all. I think the purpose of the shimmer is to add a glow to your lips, but since i love cream colored lipsticks and this fits in that category, i love it.
I know some people find these lipsticks to smell disgusting, but i personally like the scent. It's a light vanilla/marshmallow smell.
Overall, it's an everyday shade that goes with anything. For me, it's like a pink nude color (i'm nc 30-35)