Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

4.6

on 1/4/2010 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

first of all, the color of this bronzer power is pink, no tan color.
like blush, it give me a nice and natural pink brownish flush, but like a bronzer.....tanned skin isn't pink!! with this color the skin seems sunburnt, like the very pale people that do sunbathe at midday.

for me, nice blush, terrorific bronzer. Purchase again? no.

for reference, I'm NW20-NC25 with dark eyes and hair.

on 12/26/2009 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This doesn't look like your typical bronzer in the pan, it looks like a blush with it's shimmery slightly muted light pink colour. When applied, it gives your face a healthy flush of colour, like you would get from being in the sun. It has shimmer, but it's fine shimmer which gives your cheeks a smooth glow. I like that I don't have to be super careful when applying this like I do with other bronzers, it's not heavily pigmented. I like to wear this over a brown based bronzer like my BB Natural bronzer or my TF Chocolate Soleil bronzer, the mix of brown and pink makes my skin look like it has a really pretty tan. I am very happy with this purchase.

on 11/13/2009 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

One of my summer purchases which I fell in love with and bought two right off the bat. This is an illuminating bronzing powder with no brown.

This powder has a smooth as silk texture with a pale pinky-

peachy/beige color with teeny tiny amounts of shimmer... no loud screaming shimmer just a very subtle amount which is barely noticeable but I think is intended to give a nice glow.

The color is perfect for light complexions -- those who look like they were stuck in an oven if they use a mid tone blush.

I use this on myself with the BB No. 1 bronzer and it looks like I went on a Caribbean vacation.

I don't think this color would work well with darker or more tan skins since it is light.

I had one gripe for which I took of one lippie on packaging -- the top part which the mirror came off and I had to duct tape it to keep them together. For the $33 price tag, I think BB can do a bit better on packaging.

Highly recommend these bronzers -- even for use in winter.

on 11/13/2009 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For reference: I'm NC15 @ MAC and Porcelain @ BB, so very fair skinned. As many other fair girls I can't use regular bronzing powders because no matter how light, they always make me look dirty instead of sunkissed which is a bummer, naturally. This powder is the ultimate solution now. It makes sense that it's a down toned pink without any trace of brown, as far as I'm concerned. I'd compare its colour to the blush that was in BB's Mauve Collection Palette, only a lot lighter. The ultimate trade about this is definitely the fact that it's a product for dummies. You cannot overdo it. It goes on sheer and featherly light which makes it a joy to use on forehead, nose and chin, or the "sun terraces" as make-up artists always say ;o). A little bit more accentuates the cheekbones in the most natural, lovely way. It doesn't look like a blush at all, it's just healthy radiance & glow. The contours of the face are also more prominent but still so pretty & natural. It's never obvious and never looks as if you actually used blush. It looks more like a morning after a hot night, a glass of champagne or a walk on a winter afternoon. It's hard to describe the miracle this powder works. There's the most subtle shimmer underneath it all but nowhere near as hefty as what the shimmerbricks deliver. This is so much more than just a blush, this is definitely a finishing product that can be applied in a large variaty of ways and will only compliment your natural look, never alter it. So if you're looking for drama this is really not for you. If you're all about natural but perfected beauty, you'll love it. I can see the difference it makes and I'm in love, love, love with this. Wish I had gotten it sooner and should this ever be discontinued, I'll cry...

on 10/30/2009 1:42:00 AM

This is my HG blush and I've been using it everyday for two months now. I'm about NC 30 in MAC foundation, warm beige in BB, with yellow undertones and I use a regular bronzer on my forehead, chin and contour. But this is what I use for blush and it really livens-up my face. I've heard this was supposed to be used as a bronzer for those with fair skin, which I think would work great because it's the color your skin would look if it got a little pink from the sun. On my cheeks it looks like I have naturally rosy cheeks, or just worked-out, or come in from the cold, that type of thing. As for the shimmer, it's very understated. I've used many shimmer powders (BECCA, MAC mineralize, etc.) and this one is less shimmery than those. Just gives a natural glow. I prefer a bronzer with out shimmer (BB regular bronzer in Med.) for my forehead, but this one is perfect for my cheek area. Highly recommend for all skin tones!

on 10/8/2009 8:58:00 AM

I use this as a blush and its my favorite shade of blush. Looks very natural. Doesn't look like I'm wearing blush. I think its b/c its a bronzer/blush.

Its interesting to note that I can't wear bronzers. I have very fair skin and as such, bronzers look dirty and muddy on me. Antigua is great for fair skin because its a pink bronzer. It just makes my skin glow and look healthy. It has shimmer that is noticable in direct sunlight but subtle indoors. Packaging is in this big mirrored compact that looks so luxurious. I don't travel with my makeup but if you do, I'm not sure you would want to lug this one around b/c of its size and weight.

Update: Staying power is amazing! Still my HG.

on 10/3/2009 11:30:00 AM

Antigua is a light, sheer shimmery pink pressed powder in a large heavy, luxe mirrored compact. Although part of Bobbi Brown's Illuminating Bronzer series, it is more accurate to think of Antigua as the effect that the sun gives you on the first day or two of sun exposure--that pink "I was out all afternoon at the beach" look.

- Does not fade throughout the day
- Gives a light, natural shimmer that illuminates
- Does not give the "glitter bomb" effect; SO much more subtle than shimmerbricks
- I use this product over a tan or brown bronzer--this gives you a wonderful "tan and slight pinky" skin look
- Makes skin look alive, glowing rather than matte or dark like many bronzers (or at the worst, dirty)
- With heavy application, a pale skinned person could use this as a blush. I use this with a bronzer and no blush typically.

I bought this on a complete whim. I've tried other highlighters, but they don't look nearly so natural. I'm surprised to say that I have used it 4-5 days per weeks since buying it. I'm shocked how many uses I'm getting out of this. I'm warm, NC15 and this gives my skin tone a pinky look that keeps me from looking too yellow. Highly recommended, two thumbs up and five stars.

on 9/8/2009 9:39:00 PM

I heard that Bobbi Brown was coming out with a bronzer with shimmer in it over a year ago, and that it was going to be beautiful. I was told to watch for “Antigua”.

I purchased Antigua the first week it premiered without even trying it on. I hurried home and put it right over the blush I was wearing, and I just glowed! I’ve tried it with my regular bronzer, with pot rouge, with everyone of my six powder blushes (I’m a BB blush addict), and all by itself. It always looks wonderful no matter what, and never looks like I’ve tried to do anything at all. To make sure it lasts (powder blushes have a tendency to fade on me)…my favorite combination is Bronzer, Pale Pink Pot Rouge, and then Antigua. I look a little ruddy with any of the deeper shades of Pot Rouge underneath. It’s reminiscent of Soft Lights by Smashbox (lighter than Tint…deeper than Shimmer), but so much nicer. It doesn’t have that nasty white look if I put on a little too much. It’s so finely milled and silky to the touch that it never looks bad if I get a little heavy-handed. And it’s not shiny at all.. The Anigua is VERY subtle. Just lovely illumination:)

It gives me that sunny, healthy, pretty “I’ve been on a vacation” look. Now…who could ask for more?