September 16, 2014 | 1775 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 8:58:00 AM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a blush and its my favorite shade of blush. Looks very natural. Doesn't look like I'm wearing blush. I think its b/c its a bronzer/blush.

Its interesting to note that I can't wear bronzers. I have very fair skin and as such, bronzers look dirty and muddy on me. Antigua is great for fair skin because its a pink bronzer. It just makes my skin glow and look healthy. It has shimmer that is noticable in direct sunlight but subtle indoors. Packaging is in this big mirrored compact that looks so luxurious. I don't travel with my makeup but if you do, I'm not sure you would want to lug this one around b/c of its size and weight.

Update: Staying power is amazing! Still my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Rivoli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Antigua is a light, sheer shimmery pink pressed powder in a large heavy, luxe mirrored compact. Although part of Bobbi Brown's Illuminating Bronzer series, it is more accurate to think of Antigua as the effect that the sun gives you on the first day or two of sun exposure--that pink "I was out all afternoon at the beach" look.

- Does not fade throughout the day
- Gives a light, natural shimmer that illuminates
- Does not give the "glitter bomb" effect; SO much more subtle than shimmerbricks
- I use this product over a tan or brown bronzer--this gives you a wonderful "tan and slight pinky" skin look
- Makes skin look alive, glowing rather than matte or dark like many bronzers (or at the worst, dirty)
- With heavy application, a pale skinned person could use this as a blush. I use this with a bronzer and no blush typically.

I bought this on a complete whim. I've tried other highlighters, but they don't look nearly so natural. I'm surprised to say that I have used it 4-5 days per weeks since buying it. I'm shocked how many uses I'm getting out of this. I'm warm, NC15 and this gives my skin tone a pinky look that keeps me from looking too yellow. Highly recommended, two thumbs up and five stars.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard that Bobbi Brown was coming out with a bronzer with shimmer in it over a year ago, and that it was going to be beautiful. I was told to watch for “Antigua”.

I purchased Antigua the first week it premiered without even trying it on. I hurried home and put it right over the blush I was wearing, and I just glowed! I’ve tried it with my regular bronzer, with pot rouge, with everyone of my six powder blushes (I’m a BB blush addict), and all by itself. It always looks wonderful no matter what, and never looks like I’ve tried to do anything at all. To make sure it lasts (powder blushes have a tendency to fade on me)…my favorite combination is Bronzer, Pale Pink Pot Rouge, and then Antigua. I look a little ruddy with any of the deeper shades of Pot Rouge underneath. It’s reminiscent of Soft Lights by Smashbox (lighter than Tint…deeper than Shimmer), but so much nicer. It doesn’t have that nasty white look if I put on a little too much. It’s so finely milled and silky to the touch that it never looks bad if I get a little heavy-handed. And it’s not shiny at all.. The Anigua is VERY subtle. Just lovely illumination:)

It gives me that sunny, healthy, pretty “I’ve been on a vacation” look. Now…who could ask for more?

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No