Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

With or without primer, this is pretty meh. My main issue with this foundation is that it is very hard to blend and it dries up quickly while blending. It oranged me out within a few hours and I ended up using a makeup removing wipe to whip it all off so I wouldn't look like a fool. I tried different tricks but it's no use. Won't buy again.

on 9/16/2013 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I first bought this product, I was in LOVE! It covered my acne well and didn't stick to the flaky parts and make them stand out like a sore thumb. It stayed on pretty well, especially set with a powder. This foundation undeniably draws comparisons with Revlon's Colorstay which admittedly has never been a foundation I cared for. I found the formulation of this to be a lot smoother, almost a very slight gel-like consistency. Thus, this didn't settle into fine lines and did a good job a covering my large pores.

For these reasons I was thrilled with my new-found holy grail. Then I looked in my car mirror at the end of a warm day. My face was pink. Horrible. I was in such a rush that I tried to scrub some of it of with a tissue but it wouldn't budge! At least it's 'Superstay' right :/ I've now learned that this oxidizes like crazy! I have pretty warm toned skin that is quite yellow and at the moment it's a light shade of medium. I bought this in sand beige which is the second-to-lightest shade and i have never been anywhere close to the lightest shade in a foundation before. This does not look very light, even in the bottle. When I first apply it to my skin it is a pretty decent match and if anything slightly too dark! Crazy. However as the day goes on it gets darker and darker. Pinker and Pinker. By the end of the day it is so dark that it looks absolutely ridiculous and accentuates any acne that i may have. I've tried with a primer, without. With powder, without. Nothing makes a difference and I am utterly disappointed as the formulation was great for me.

I also think this may be a Maybelline thing. I also have a couple of there Fit Me concealers, and i find also that they are very pink. The lightest one that has any hue of yellow is quite dark which is strange for a concealer. I understand that the majority of very pale women are cool toned, however you would think that they would assume darker warm toned women use a lighter concealer.

So 10/10 for formulation 0/10 for Colouring/Oxidization

on 9/11/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Since Fit Me in Carmel (350) was a fail I went with Cocoa in this line. This stuff transfers :-( and was really too dark for me. I just use it to mix with the Fit Me, so I don't feel like I completely wasted my money. I will not be investing in anymore Maybelline foundations nor powders.

on 9/4/2013 7:06:00 PM

Okay so I have combination skin, dry cheeks oily t-zone. I bought the shade Classic Beige which to my suprise matches me better than any other foundation Ive ever used and thats including MUFE, Mac, NARS.. I love it for that reason. But this transfers SO MUCH! Any thing my face touches it will smear off even with a setting powder (ud de slick) Also this makes me look way more oily than I originally do! I use this foundation for when i am running errands I will definitely be using the rest in the winter and fall maybe the oilyness wont appear so brutal! Overall I would recommend for dry skin. It doesnt attract on dry patches and is thin in consistency.

on 8/31/2013 11:54:00 PM

OH MY HOLY GRAIL! I'm just in love with foundation!! It's just everything you dreamed of! •waterproof *yes I cried a stormed with this on,when swimming,and sweat with this on* •full coverage *yes it covers everything! It just makes the skin flawless* •natural looking *doesnt look like a mask at all!* •decent pricing *its around 8-11$ which is great!" •color range * is okay but my shade is Sand Beige and it's perfect for anyone who is nc25 or face&body C2* I will continue you buy this!

on 8/23/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have been searching for a new foundation for a while now. And I think this maybe the one. I do however get oily after awhile but it's good. I have very oily and acne prone skin. And I even tried this on my mom and its looks great on her.

on 8/20/2013 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Yikes! I happened to get a sample of this before I went to buy it, which I am glad I did before wasting any money,even if it is only around $8-$10.

I was searching for a new foundation that matches my more tan skin this summer and saw some people on youtube raving about this..I did find a color that matched pretty good but that's what about all that was good.

For me this was nothing to rave about at all, in fact I wanted to run home while at work just to get it off my face, but was stuck with it in the office all day.

I have combo to dry skin, so yes this could be why since this is supposed to be more matte; but I have other matte foundations that work just fine.

I wouldn't even say this is matte,because after about an hour after wearing this I looked like a grease ball...and I am combo dry skin..so not sure how that works. Also it shows more every dry spot you have, and makes your pours look huge! I really don't have much to cover up besides uneven skin tone so not sure on the coverage part, but I looked patchy by mid-day.

Anywho, washed it right off after work and onto the next. Bummer since the color was pretty good and not a bad price. Oh well onto the next..

on 8/9/2013 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

AVOID IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN, MAYBE I DON'T KNOW IT CAN CLING TO IT AND IT'S NOT VERY NICE
Yeah, but if you are an oily skinned girl like me then this foundation is perfect! Even without a primer this stays on all day, even though I've never worn a foundation for longer than about eight hours, I believe it would stay on for 24 hours.
It applies well with anything, I tried a brush, beauty blender and my fingers, I honestly prefer using my fingers as it looks a lot more natural. As for coverage, its pretty good, very buildable and you might need more than about two layers for a perfect flawless look, but I prefer showing some of my freckles, it looks a lot more natural and young!
Would recommend this to anyone with oily or combination skin, this isn't great for dry skin, as a few of my friends used it and said it clung to their dry skin and made their skin worse, but maybe that's just them.

on 8/5/2013 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For reference, I'm an NW10 with freckles and the occasional break out. I'm oily in the t-zone but dry on the cheeks.

Recently I've been trying out drugstore brand foundations for casual daily wear. I don't always want to use my more expensive and fuller coverage foundations just to run errands for a bit. I picked up this foundation in the lightest shade available, Porcelain Ivory.

Finding foundations for very fair skin is already difficult, and nearly impossible with drugstore brands. However, I've had more success with this brand than some others. Porcelain Ivory is still a little rosy/peach for my skin, but with a bit a buffing it actually blends into my skin and is a close enough match.

This foundation is medium coverage. It still allows my freckles to show through but I can build it up enough to cover the red areas on my face as well as any blemishes. I don't typically have to use a concealer with this foundation.

I didn't like the results when I tried to apply this foundation with my fingers. However, with a synthetic foundation brush, it went on perfectly smooth. The finish was matte without being dry, it didn't settle into any fine lines or dry patches. In fact, it covered a dry area on my face surprisingly well. Using a synthetic brush and swirling motions in the areas where I have large pores, I was able to get a very nice finish, nearly flawless. I used a sheer powder to set the foundation, with rose water as a setting spray to remove any powdery look.

My t-zone gets so oily, there is no foundation that keeps me from looking oily after a few hours. On a normal, cool, not-humid day, I have to use blotting paper or napkins after 2-3 hours, then every couple of hours after that. So, to say that my t-zone was oily after a few hours when using this foundation is not flaw of the product. This foundation didn't trigger any extra oil production, and in the dry areas, the finish was nice and never got patchy.

I would say this foundation lasted a solid 8 hours before it started to show any signs of wear. Very minimal creasing around my smile lines and near the eyes. In fact, most of the creasing seem to be related to the powder I used to set the foundation. After 8 hours, blotting my skin every couple of hours and an occasional powder touch up, I still looked pretty good, certainly presentable. The foundation had oxidized slightly, looking a bit more peach, but not too bad. Not any worse than my higher end HG foundation. It did last through a bit of forehead and upper lip sweating, a long hot day spent partly outdoors.

Overall, I like this foundation. I think it is one that I could wear daily. It did last a solid 8 hours, which with my oily skin is more than I expected. I doubt it would ever come close to lasting 24 hours on anyone's skin. I liked the finish when using a foundation brush. The coverage was medium but easily buildable. On pale skin, Porcelain Ivory is still a little pink but with buffing it makes for a good match on NW10 skin. I like that you could still see my freckles but that my blemishes had good coverage without a concealer.

I'm not sure if I will repurchase this foundation or not, as I am trying out a bunch of different kinds at the moment. I will update this review once I have come closer to finishing the bottle. However, after a week of summer wear, I am pleased with this foundation.

on 8/5/2013 5:14:00 AM

I have been rotating this foundation in 50 Nude (a strongly yellow, light-medium shade) with several other foundations for months. I have not worn this foundation for a full 24 hours and don't think I ever will, but I can certainly say that it holds up for an incredibly long time, with a staying power that I'm sure could breach the 10-hour mark (which is the longest I've worn it for).

I have combination oily skin, and this foundation is oil-free and leaves my skin with a nice, matte finish and non-transferable, medium- to full-coverage for almost a full 8-hour work shift, though some oil starts to seep through after that. Its oil-control properties are one of the best I've seen in any foundation, and it is probably the most durable foundation I've ever used, as even a Clinique beautician had trouble removing it before performing a color match with one of their own foundations. Surprisingly, for the coverage and staying power this foundation has, it feels incredibly lightweight; I napped in it for 4 hours and woke up forgetting I still had it on. It has a non-sticky finish so it felt like bare skin, so it's very comfortable to wear.

Recently I read from various blogs that this foundation was waterproof, although Maybelline does not seem to claim that it is. I was intrigued and wanted to try it out ever since getting back to cardio swimming, so just for kicks (and with a raised eyebrow from a male friend wondering why my face was done up), I wore this foundation to the pool. 2 hours later, even after wiping my face several times while in the pool (again forgetting that I had it on), I came out of the pool with it still on and fully intact. I used a makeup-removing wipe before taking a shower, and sure enough that wipe was covered in that foundation even after hitting the water so much. Maybelline may not have marketed this as a waterproof foundation, but it wears like one!

At around $9 for 1oz of product I think this is a great foundation whether I'm wearing it to work or to the pool, or even if I'm wearing it for a special occasion. The product wears comfortably, has great coverage with a natural finish, lasts through sweat and soak, and stays on long after the work day's over. This may just be the best foundation from Maybelline (and I've tried their Dream Matte Mousse, Dream Nude Airfoam, Fit Me, and Mineral Power Powder foundations), and is definitely one of the best I've ever tried.