November 28, 2014 | 1814 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay so I have combination skin, dry cheeks oily t-zone. I bought the shade Classic Beige which to my suprise matches me better than any other foundation Ive ever used and thats including MUFE, Mac, NARS.. I love it for that reason. But this transfers SO MUCH! Any thing my face touches it will smear off even with a setting powder (ud de slick) Also this makes me look way more oily than I originally do! I use this foundation for when i am running errands I will definitely be using the rest in the winter and fall maybe the oilyness wont appear so brutal! Overall I would recommend for dry skin. It doesnt attract on dry patches and is thin in consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Itsdianaap

OH MY HOLY GRAIL! I'm just in love with foundation!! It's just everything you dreamed of! •waterproof *yes I cried a stormed with this on,when swimming,and sweat with this on* •full coverage *yes it covers everything! It just makes the skin flawless* •natural looking *doesnt look like a mask at all!* •decent pricing *its around 8-11$ which is great!" •color range * is okay but my shade is Sand Beige and it's perfect for anyone who is nc25 or face&body C2* I will continue you buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for a new foundation for a while now. And I think this maybe the one. I do however get oily after awhile but it's good. I have very oily and acne prone skin. And I even tried this on my mom and its looks great on her.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by brandytodd12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yikes! I happened to get a sample of this before I went to buy it, which I am glad I did before wasting any money,even if it is only around $8-$10.

I was searching for a new foundation that matches my more tan skin this summer and saw some people on youtube raving about this..I did find a color that matched pretty good but that's what about all that was good.

For me this was nothing to rave about at all, in fact I wanted to run home while at work just to get it off my face, but was stuck with it in the office all day.

I have combo to dry skin, so yes this could be why since this is supposed to be more matte; but I have other matte foundations that work just fine.

I wouldn't even say this is matte,because after about an hour after wearing this I looked like a grease ball...and I am combo dry skin..so not sure how that works. Also it shows more every dry spot you have, and makes your pours look huge! I really don't have much to cover up besides uneven skin tone so not sure on the coverage part, but I looked patchy by mid-day.

Anywho, washed it right off after work and onto the next. Bummer since the color was pretty good and not a bad price. Oh well onto the next..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by CaitlinReid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AVOID IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN, MAYBE I DON'T KNOW IT CAN CLING TO IT AND IT'S NOT VERY NICE
Yeah, but if you are an oily skinned girl like me then this foundation is perfect! Even without a primer this stays on all day, even though I've never worn a foundation for longer than about eight hours, I believe it would stay on for 24 hours.
It applies well with anything, I tried a brush, beauty blender and my fingers, I honestly prefer using my fingers as it looks a lot more natural. As for coverage, its pretty good, very buildable and you might need more than about two layers for a perfect flawless look, but I prefer showing some of my freckles, it looks a lot more natural and young!
Would recommend this to anyone with oily or combination skin, this isn't great for dry skin, as a few of my friends used it and said it clung to their dry skin and made their skin worse, but maybe that's just them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For reference, I'm an NW10 with freckles and the occasional break out. I'm oily in the t-zone but dry on the cheeks.

Recently I've been trying out drugstore brand foundations for casual daily wear. I don't always want to use my more expensive and fuller coverage foundations just to run errands for a bit. I picked up this foundation in the lightest shade available, Porcelain Ivory.

Finding foundations for very fair skin is already difficult, and nearly impossible with drugstore brands. However, I've had more success with this brand than some others. Porcelain Ivory is still a little rosy/peach for my skin, but with a bit a buffing it actually blends into my skin and is a close enough match.

This foundation is medium coverage. It still allows my freckles to show through but I can build it up enough to cover the red areas on my face as well as any blemishes. I don't typically have to use a concealer with this foundation.

I didn't like the results when I tried to apply this foundation with my fingers. However, with a synthetic foundation brush, it went on perfectly smooth. The finish was matte without being dry, it didn't settle into any fine lines or dry patches. In fact, it covered a dry area on my face surprisingly well. Using a synthetic brush and swirling motions in the areas where I have large pores, I was able to get a very nice finish, nearly flawless. I used a sheer powder to set the foundation, with rose water as a setting spray to remove any powdery look.

My t-zone gets so oily, there is no foundation that keeps me from looking oily after a few hours. On a normal, cool, not-humid day, I have to use blotting paper or napkins after 2-3 hours, then every couple of hours after that. So, to say that my t-zone was oily after a few hours when using this foundation is not flaw of the product. This foundation didn't trigger any extra oil production, and in the dry areas, the finish was nice and never got patchy.

I would say this foundation lasted a solid 8 hours before it started to show any signs of wear. Very minimal creasing around my smile lines and near the eyes. In fact, most of the creasing seem to be related to the powder I used to set the foundation. After 8 hours, blotting my skin every couple of hours and an occasional powder touch up, I still looked pretty good, certainly presentable. The foundation had oxidized slightly, looking a bit more peach, but not too bad. Not any worse than my higher end HG foundation. It did last through a bit of forehead and upper lip sweating, a long hot day spent partly outdoors.

Overall, I like this foundation. I think it is one that I could wear daily. It did last a solid 8 hours, which with my oily skin is more than I expected. I doubt it would ever come close to lasting 24 hours on anyone's skin. I liked the finish when using a foundation brush. The coverage was medium but easily buildable. On pale skin, Porcelain Ivory is still a little pink but with buffing it makes for a good match on NW10 skin. I like that you could still see my freckles but that my blemishes had good coverage without a concealer.

I'm not sure if I will repurchase this foundation or not, as I am trying out a bunch of different kinds at the moment. I will update this review once I have come closer to finishing the bottle. However, after a week of summer wear, I am pleased with this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I have been rotating this foundation in 50 Nude (a strongly yellow, light-medium shade) with several other foundations for months. I have not worn this foundation for a full 24 hours and don't think I ever will, but I can certainly say that it holds up for an incredibly long time, with a staying power that I'm sure could breach the 10-hour mark (which is the longest I've worn it for).

I have combination oily skin, and this foundation is oil-free and leaves my skin with a nice, matte finish and non-transferable, medium- to full-coverage for almost a full 8-hour work shift, though some oil starts to seep through after that. Its oil-control properties are one of the best I've seen in any foundation, and it is probably the most durable foundation I've ever used, as even a Clinique beautician had trouble removing it before performing a color match with one of their own foundations. Surprisingly, for the coverage and staying power this foundation has, it feels incredibly lightweight; I napped in it for 4 hours and woke up forgetting I still had it on. It has a non-sticky finish so it felt like bare skin, so it's very comfortable to wear.

Recently I read from various blogs that this foundation was waterproof, although Maybelline does not seem to claim that it is. I was intrigued and wanted to try it out ever since getting back to cardio swimming, so just for kicks (and with a raised eyebrow from a male friend wondering why my face was done up), I wore this foundation to the pool. 2 hours later, even after wiping my face several times while in the pool (again forgetting that I had it on), I came out of the pool with it still on and fully intact. I used a makeup-removing wipe before taking a shower, and sure enough that wipe was covered in that foundation even after hitting the water so much. Maybelline may not have marketed this as a waterproof foundation, but it wears like one!

At around $9 for 1oz of product I think this is a great foundation whether I'm wearing it to work or to the pool, or even if I'm wearing it for a special occasion. The product wears comfortably, has great coverage with a natural finish, lasts through sweat and soak, and stays on long after the work day's over. This may just be the best foundation from Maybelline (and I've tried their Dream Matte Mousse, Dream Nude Airfoam, Fit Me, and Mineral Power Powder foundations), and is definitely one of the best I've ever tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by My1aNNeOnLy

I think it's a good color match does show my acne scars after awhile it makes those dips and reveals the dark scars but the Rimmel Sun Bronzer helps take attention away from that and gives me more of a contoured face like I just came back from a Grecian Cruise with my tan Asian skin. Tomorrow I'm going to try some others. I was trying to stay cheap with this but if other brands like Benefit work better I'll go with them and return this. I just will review the products on Benefit primer and foundation later. Look for that if you're interested.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by exu2

I purchased this from a local chemist for $16 AUD and it is great value for a drugstore foundation. There are a lot of shades available and I was worried that this would be warm-toned because of my previous experiences with Maybelline products. I am NC20 to NC 25 and I find that Nude is the perfect shade for me. People had problems with this being too orange but I think this might be for the darker shades.
It has medium to high coverage and has a matte finish. IT LOOKS LIKE SKIN and is a buildable foundation, however it does cake if too much is applied. It covers most of my acne, pigmentation and pores except I still need concealer for darker spots.
It has a faint chemical smell which doesn't bother me. It's thick like MAC Studio Finish but creamier, and a nice consistency that isn't too thick or thin. It contains a bit of SPF but is still nice for photography. I don't break out from the formula at all wooh
To apply this I use a paddle brush because I find that it is fast drying for a foundation. It has okay oil control but I get oil coming in at the 4 to 5 hours mark and after 8 hours I do need to blot. However it doesn't fade which is the SuperStay I'm guessing. Great for summer months.
The packaging is similar to MAC, which is in a cylindrical glass/ plastic tube. It does have a wide opening and a white lid instead. It's quite sturdy and travel friendly but could possibly break if dropped. The opening is unhygienic but what can you do hahaha
It's a great foundation for those starting off with face makeup like teenagers because it's a moderate price and the quality is awesome. I prefer this over my MAC and Revlon foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im on the prowl for a good summertime foundation that will not make me a greaseball within a few hours...this one didnt measure up. it got very oily throughout the day. the coverage is okay but it does require me to use undereye concealer. the coverage lasted all day and did not fade. covergirl queen all day flawless is amazing..can be used without concealer, and controls oil well..however i wasnt able to find the right shade. so i got frustrated and thought i'd give this maybelline a try. the shade caramel was perfect for my medium brown skin tone w/ yellow undertones. however it doesnt hold a candle to the covergirl queen. it was a disappointment. i would not recommend this if you have oily skin...its better suited for normal/dry skin.