December 20, 2014 | 1021 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Powder Blusher - Lover

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this light peach blush- it's very subtle and pretty for everyday wear and glides on super smoothly. I wanted to try it out so badly that I ordered from Britain since it's sold out on Sephora! I think it's a good staple to have and the quality is really great, but it's not a WOW product for me. I would repurchase, although i have so many blushes I really doubt I'll have to. I do have to say that I like it better than my Nars blushes bc of the matte factor, Nars is just so shimmery! (i do like it on occasion though).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

agree with all the great reviews on here. i ordered this online based on the reviews but then went in to sephora the next day to try it. it just confirmed my decision to buy it-its a beautiful mild apricot color. i agree that its powdery and the color payoff is amazing. just a light hand and you have enough to last the day. i cant wait for it to come in the mail so i can use it everyday! wish the compact was a bit sturdier/prettier. seems kinda flimsy and i dont like that see through window in the front. i saw the more intense version of this (forgot the name) and think i will get that one too for more drama at night :)
______________________________________________
UPDATE: I LOVE THIS BLUSH! it finally arrived in the mail, wore it last night-its SO beautiful, really brightens up my face and best thing of all, NO shimmer, perfectly matte. color payoff is amazing!!!! totally worth the money. one swipe for daytime, two swipes for night. i am yellow undertone, C4, tan southeast asian skin. looks gorgeous...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by maashi

Great apricot/peach shade suitable for warm skin tones to brighten your complexion. Powder is extremely finely milled - though when I put the brush on it, some powder is kicked around/comes loose. Long lasting, though it seems to fade a little unevenly when it does do so on me. Highly pigmented The packaging is a bit bulky for my liking, and is a funny shape to store, hence the lippie off, otherwise I am pretty happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by b3llav1ta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Illamasqua Lover is my first blush from the line - and I already am planning to get another one. It is very pigmented, but translate to a soft, natural and subtle color when applied. Light hand would definitely helps. Sephora website describe this as 'Vibrant Apricot', which is pretty true. The color watch, however, is way off. When I received this in the mail, I was so ready to return it (I was looking for a soft & light peachy shade) - but I decided to give it a try, and so glad I did. I definitely reach this blush whenever I don't feel like wearing pink. I only give this 4 stars because I think the packaging is a bit too bulky for a blush. I wish they make these more compact like NARS or Shu Uemura, other favorite brands for blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by KBujold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference I'm nc42

My very first illamasqua purcahse and it made me fall hard! This is such a beautiful colour. It really brightens my face with the most beautiful apricot shade. The texture is so nice and silky smooth. It is so pigmented, just a tap on my brush is all it takes - it wil last forever. Blends very well also. Would definitly repurchase if I ever run out

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by amie246

I am a huge fan of illamasqua products and when they came to birmingham, the blush in Lover was my first purchase. I love it so much and have never had to use another blush since. The colour is very pigmented but you can use it subtly or build up the colour for a more dominate look. It definetly lasts all day and is easily blendable. I adore the packaging and when I finally run out of it I will certainly repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by stillpeachy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably the best peach blush on the market, as most peach blushes lean towards pink or orange. This is as true a peach as you can find, and it's matte as well. I can't comprehend why makeup companies always add shimmer to blush; as far as I'm concerned, shimmer and color are two separate things and should be treated as such. If I wanted to be peachy (of course, I'm always peachy) and sparkly at the same time, I would layer a shimmery highlighter on the cheekbone. This is perfect when I don't want to wear pink, and I think it's such a beautiful color that it deserves to be the star of a look. I would buy it again and again if my local Sephora ever has it in stock. Clearly, everyone else must love it as much as I do, as it was insane to track down and buy.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

We finally got Illamasqua in Australia and wow, the blushes really live up to the hype! I don't like to buy makeup online because it can be a bit hard to tell the actual colour, so I was very excited to get a chance to try out Illamasqua's blushes. I ended up taking home Lover, it's just a perfect everyday peach colour on me. I don't think it would be easy to over-apply on my skin tone (NC30ish), but I can see how it could be a bit strong on lighter skin. This blush (and I believe all of their others?) is matte, which is great for me- I think most shimmery or glittery blushes are just too much for my imperfect skin and I prefer a matte blush with a highlighter. Personally, I like the funky shape of Illamasqua's packaging, it's a little more interesting looking than a plain square or circle compact, though it is a bit bulky. I also don't have to use my nails to open the compact, not sure if mine is looser than some or not. Overall a top quality product and I look forward to trying a few more of their blushes over time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Posh_Patricia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first Illamasqua purchase almost a year ago. I was very intrigued by the brand and they have such a wide range of colours I didn't know where to start. The mua recommended this shade to me and I'm so glad she did. I have a few peach blushes but Lover is the perfect shade, not too coral or too orange, just peach. Plus it's matte which is a plus as I feel I'm getting old for too much shimmer on my face. Very long lasting, easy to blend and very pigmented. It has a nice vanilla fragrance which doesn't transfer on the skin. 5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Roxelana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I looove this blush! I love the texture, I love the color and I love the staying power. And I love the fact that I do not have to be extra careful while applying (I always overdo my blush with those ultrasuperpigmented blushes that demand a light hand...). Lover is my new blush staple for every day, and I will certainly buy it again.