October 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Katie

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by sarajane927

When swatched, this looks like NARS Desire mixed with chalk. It's paradoxical, a light hot pink, a bright baby pink, tough to pin down. However, on my very pale, cool-toned skin, this is absolutely angelic and and unique. Comes off a bright baby pink that lights up my complexion. I've actually never had anything else in my collection quite like this, and that's saying a lot because I've had tons of blushes! The closest thing I can think of is Milani Pink Craze, but that's not as "hot" a pink as this, and thus doesn't brighten me up as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

favorite powder blush! i'm nw15-20 and this looks so nice on. like everyone said it is very pigmented and VERY finely milled. i just tap the side of my blush brush on it and it picks up enough color for both my cheeks. that just means that this blush will last forever though and i'm very okay with that. the packaging is kind of bulky and definitely hard to open. i'd be scared to travel with this because i can definitely see the blush breaking (because of how finely milled it is) if you're pale and you want that cool toned babydoll pink blush GET THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by XODIKA

This is my 3rd blush from this line and I am glad I purchased this. I am a blush fanatic and was a bit on the fence about purchasing this, due to the fact if it would compliment my skin tone, which is NW20. This light, pastel pink gives me that "dollyface" glow that is my trademark look.. Although its light, it still is well pigmented enough to show up beautifully on the face. I am thinking of getting the Indulge lip gloss to pair with this color...
But for now, this goes well with Viva Glam Lady Gaga pink lipstick : )

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by CliniqueGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

"Katie" is my second Illamaqua blush, purchased on the recommendations of MUA :)
This blush is insanely pretty, an ultra-soft bubblegum pink that looks perfect on my N10 skin and against my blue eyes and dark red hair.
16.50 isn't much to spend on such a lot of blush, especially when it is so heavily pigmented.
Like "Hussy", I use my MAC 188 to apply "Katie", buffing it into my skin.
I love to pair this blush with smokey eyes (think Benefit "Skinny Jeans" and lots of eyeliner and mascara) and nude lips (MAC "Ever so rich" or "Boy Bait" cremesheen lipglass).
The packaging is sturdy and durable, and very sleek.

I love that Illamasqua have a great selection of blushes at a cheaper price point than other brands. I was disappointed that I could not wear NARS blushes as they break me out, but I am so glad to have found Illamasqua- no break outs and once applied I rarely have to touch up :)

Highly recommended!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by TianXiaoMao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This blush lived up to my expectations. I was looking for something light, cool and cheerful, that would give my pale skin a subtle dolly look and I'm pleased with this one. The texture is lovely, it's definitely comparable to MAC blush. Illamasqua's staying power might be even better. Compared to my other really light blush, MAC's Strada, Katie is much brighter and less gray.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

I bought this because of the almost unanimously positive reviews. I'm NC27 and Katie looked too pale and cool to work on me but I was sure it had to have some kind of magic, given how much everyone loves it. Unfortunately I was right; this looks like a weird ghostly lilac-pink on me, very fake and almost sickly. (It does make a nice eyeshadow.) It's not that it disappears on me, like some blushes for pale people do, but simply sits on top of my skin looking obvious and off-hue with my skin tone. My HG blush is Illamasqua's Unrequited (I think it's been renamed Tempted now) which is a slightly warmer, deeper pink, though still bright and pretty. So if Katie didn't work for you, give that one a shot - it is riveting.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by mleavey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this blush. I am very pale with auburn hair and the minute I put it on I knew it was me...it's very pigmented so I have to be careful and it's also powdery when I dip my brush. I have been searching for this color for years and thanks to make up alley - I FOUND IT!! Such a playful happy blush - I feel 5 years younger with it on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty baby pink blush. It is cool toned but looks fine on my NC30 skin. If I put on too much, it tends to look a bit like lilac or even grayish. The texture of the blush is gorgeous. Like finely milled baby powder. The pigmentation on this is crazy. A little bit does the trick! Don't apply too much or it can end up looking quite fake. The packaging is nice, I like the black, but it seems a bit bulky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this color -- it's a very pretty, cool (cold, even?) pink for very fair skin, or for a dolly pink on slightly darker skin tones.

One word of caution -- it's pretty loosely bound, with a powdery consistency, so it's easy to pick up too much product. If I just touch my brush to the product, it picks up more than enough. I also don't like the scent -- it reminds me of MAC lipglass -- there's a definite vanilla scent to it.

For reference: NW5-10; NARS Siberia.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Okay, I am SO thankful to MUA (the MU board and the reviews) for turning me onto this amazing blush. I didn't want to believe the hype and avoided buying it for quite a while. But then I needed something to get free shipping and the bonus gift at Sephora, so I decided to got it. I LOVE this blush. I have a huge blush stash, and I know I am in the infatuation stage with Katie, but I really believe this will be one of my all-time favorite blushes. I'm a cool-toned PPP, and this finely milled blush looks SO lovely and glowy on. I love that it has no shimmer, too.

PROS: BEAUTIFUL, glowy pink blush. It's a powder but it blends like a cream because it is so silky. The cool-toned baby pink is perfect for my cool-toned pale complexion. No shimmer yet not flat like a lot of matte blushes. Wears really well because it has good pigmentation.

CONS: Because it is so finely milled, excess powder tends to get loose and come off when I buff it with my Yachiyo or MAC 188. Because of that, I have started applying it with my fingers so I don't lose excess blush. The packaging is nice but nothing extra special. On the pro side, however, it's practical and because it is shaped differently than my many other blushes and has a clear cover, I can easily identify it.

I HIGHLY recommend this blush -- especially if you are a cool-toned pale woman. This blush met AND exceeded all the high expectations I had for it. It is already a holy grail, and I will definitely repurchase when I run out (which I will, since the loss of excess powder is an issue) because I will not be without this gem.