April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Katie

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by TianXiaoMao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This blush lived up to my expectations. I was looking for something light, cool and cheerful, that would give my pale skin a subtle dolly look and I'm pleased with this one. The texture is lovely, it's definitely comparable to MAC blush. Illamasqua's staying power might be even better. Compared to my other really light blush, MAC's Strada, Katie is much brighter and less gray.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

I bought this because of the almost unanimously positive reviews. I'm NC27 and Katie looked too pale and cool to work on me but I was sure it had to have some kind of magic, given how much everyone loves it. Unfortunately I was right; this looks like a weird ghostly lilac-pink on me, very fake and almost sickly. (It does make a nice eyeshadow.) It's not that it disappears on me, like some blushes for pale people do, but simply sits on top of my skin looking obvious and off-hue with my skin tone. My HG blush is Illamasqua's Unrequited (I think it's been renamed Tempted now) which is a slightly warmer, deeper pink, though still bright and pretty. So if Katie didn't work for you, give that one a shot - it is riveting.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by mleavey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this blush. I am very pale with auburn hair and the minute I put it on I knew it was me...it's very pigmented so I have to be careful and it's also powdery when I dip my brush. I have been searching for this color for years and thanks to make up alley - I FOUND IT!! Such a playful happy blush - I feel 5 years younger with it on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty baby pink blush. It is cool toned but looks fine on my NC30 skin. If I put on too much, it tends to look a bit like lilac or even grayish. The texture of the blush is gorgeous. Like finely milled baby powder. The pigmentation on this is crazy. A little bit does the trick! Don't apply too much or it can end up looking quite fake. The packaging is nice, I like the black, but it seems a bit bulky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

I really like this color -- it's a very pretty, cool (cold, even?) pink for very fair skin, or for a dolly pink on slightly darker skin tones.

One word of caution -- it's pretty loosely bound, with a powdery consistency, so it's easy to pick up too much product. If I just touch my brush to the product, it picks up more than enough. I also don't like the scent -- it reminds me of MAC lipglass -- there's a definite vanilla scent to it.

For reference: NW5-10; NARS Siberia.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Okay, I am SO thankful to MUA (the MU board and the reviews) for turning me onto this amazing blush. I didn't want to believe the hype and avoided buying it for quite a while. But then I needed something to get free shipping and the bonus gift at Sephora, so I decided to got it. I LOVE this blush. I have a huge blush stash, and I know I am in the infatuation stage with Katie, but I really believe this will be one of my all-time favorite blushes. I'm a cool-toned PPP, and this finely milled blush looks SO lovely and glowy on. I love that it has no shimmer, too.

PROS: BEAUTIFUL, glowy pink blush. It's a powder but it blends like a cream because it is so silky. The cool-toned baby pink is perfect for my cool-toned pale complexion. No shimmer yet not flat like a lot of matte blushes. Wears really well because it has good pigmentation.

CONS: Because it is so finely milled, excess powder tends to get loose and come off when I buff it with my Yachiyo or MAC 188. Because of that, I have started applying it with my fingers so I don't lose excess blush. The packaging is nice but nothing extra special. On the pro side, however, it's practical and because it is shaped differently than my many other blushes and has a clear cover, I can easily identify it.

I HIGHLY recommend this blush -- especially if you are a cool-toned pale woman. This blush met AND exceeded all the high expectations I had for it. It is already a holy grail, and I will definitely repurchase when I run out (which I will, since the loss of excess powder is an issue) because I will not be without this gem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely love this blush ....... gorgeous color for those who are very pale ......... I agree that a light hand is all that is needed as it is very pigmented ......... I barely swipe my skunk brush and get enough color on my cheeks ....... I find the color a perfect pink ......... I tend to dislike many pinks as I find them too loud on my NW10 skin (in the past my favorite pink blush was Armani's #1 which was sadly discontinued, however, Katie is just as pretty.) The only issue that I do have is that I find the quality extremely powdery ........ the first time I swiped my brush, I was surprised at how messy the blush became and how much of the blush that got all over ........ I quickly learned to use an extremely gentle hand and have not had any issues since then.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

*love*
this is a stunning colour, both in the pan and on my NC15 face. Gives this beautiful light pink glow to your skin. It really is a unique colour, very pricey here in Aus ($42) but well worth it. The formula is silky smooth and the pigmentation is fantastic. You need to be careful to only use a tiny amount. My first Illamasqua blush, and im in love! highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by shakinstevens89

Illamasqua's "Katie" blush is a very pale matte pink, it is amazing! When I bought MAC's Well Dressed, this is how i'd hoped it would be! I have a fair to medium skintone so compliments my skin quite well, i generally just apply to the apples of the cheeks but the blush is very pigmented so just a dab is enough! I cannot praise this colour enough, beautiful! I will definately repurchase, it is pricey however, because its so pigmented it will last a long time! Love this blusher and love Illamasqua!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOOOOOOVE this blush, had it for a good year or so now & not even close to being half way through it, it's that pigmented! Such a beautiful colour, the EXACT colour I was searching high and low for before finding this. Doesn't turn peachy, & stays where you put it. Illamasqua has done it again!