November 24, 2014 | 1956 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG base coat. Can't use anything else! First of all, I've had this since December now and it's more than half empty, and it's NOT thick! It's still perfection! That's a huge plus in my book. And I love the finish it gives, once it dries it dries to a matte-ish finish, which I think gives me the perfect base to work with. Never gonna try another base coat unless I HAVE to, and i mean HAVE to, because Stickey is the best for me! And I'm sure it's a given, it definitely makes my mani's last more than any other base coat I've tried. ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by contrariwhys

Very nice base coat. Makes my nails feel smooth and glides on so easily.
Remember this is only a base coat though. Sadly it does not strengthen nails or make them healthier but you can't have it all I suppose. Still it's excellent for what it's supposed to do!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first got my bottle of Stickey, I was amazed of how smooth my nail polish applied on the nails with it. It almost seemed as if I wasn't wearing any base coat at all. First problem i noticed was that after a while, I started to notice that my nails were getting a greenish tint. 2nd problem was that half way into the bottle it started getting really thick, almost like SV top coat and difficult to apply. Not sure why nobody else has mentioned those issues here. Not HG for me, the search continues....

Update, got my second bottle. This didn't dry up like my first one. (I must have originally gotten a bad bottle). This Base coat is doing nothing to prevent my polish from chipping or staining. In fact, I think my polish chips faster when I wear it. It's just sitting in my drawer now. It's not worth the hype in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by MISSKAYLA

This is the best base coat hands down. My mani last 5- 7 days using this as a base and SV as a top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Petunia1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite basecoat! I love everything about it; it'll make my manicure last up to 10 days without chipping and minimal tip wear. I suggest it to everyone who does their own nails and wants them to look like they were done professionally.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very good base coat but not superior to Gelous. It certainly extended wear but I hated the blue tint which can show up if you have a bad nail dent. I also prefer the smoothing thickness of Gelous but if you want a thinner alternative, Sticky is great. It gives me about the same wear which is why I'm giving it a 5.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got through a day of carving metal without a single chip. No joke. It didn't get through day two, but who am I to judge after that torture test?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whenever I use this as a base coat my polish pops off, the whole thing, in one sheet. FAIL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to base coat. I can't even remember the last time I bought anything else. I do remember trying an OPI base awhile back and my mani chipping the next day... I do not take a whole lot of time doing my nails. I'm not super patient at all when drying or anything, but this along with my Poshe top coat works well for me, I can usually go about five days before getting any minor chips. By then I'm generally ready for a new color anyway. I also don't get any staining on my nails when I use this and removing polish is super easy. Love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This base coat definitely extended the life of my manicure. I work in a paper heavy office and my nail polish chipped constantly until finding this gem. Highly recommend.