September 3, 2014 | 1601 users online

Fragrances - Juicy Couture - couture couture 2009 perfume

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well I guess it all has to do with body chemistry, because whenever and wherever I wear this people actually follow me to ask me what I am wearing! I have had guys at counters serving my boyfriend and I blurt out "you smell really nice" to me, and the girls at work all had the same reaction. One who was new and hadn't met me was following me and finally just said "Oh my God what perfume are you wearing, it's amazing!!" Not that I have ever cared what others have thought- but truly the reaction is funny- my boyfriend loves it and we know I will get a comment from someone that day.
One thing I must say is a lot of the reviews on this perfume, as well as others, can get a bit out of hand when describing a f-r-a-g-r-a-n-c-e. I mean- there are truly bad things happening in the world, and to rant about a fragrance as though it is the reason for all evil borders on...no, actually IS ridiculous. One started talking about superficial girls in college and eating disorders. I mean- come on, really! So I never take these reviews seriously, as they are a tad too emotional to be done so. The reason there are so many perfumes out there is because they all turn out different on everyone. So I hope that people can see past all that and not dismiss something before trying it based on an emotional rather than more factual review.
So definitely no old lady, kool aid or grape fragrance on me:) It's the perfect combination, not too sweet, not too heavy. The vanilla seems to balance the other fragrances in it beautifully. My HG, without a doubt. It just smells yummy. Long staying power also, and one of the few perfumes that doesn't give me a headache. It must react with my skin and body chemistry just right. There are also theories about how you eat affecting that sort of thing- and I don't eat junk food or processed foods. Maybe that's the link?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Neaaen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This was the first fragrance I ever tried and lots of people tell me how much it works with my chemistry. I love the scent and it works so well on me! The staying power is amazing, too. This seriously lasted like three days on me without having to reapply. This is my sig scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For reference, I really love jasmine scents. This perfume is fairly heavy on the jasmine, and it lasts really well on me. I always get compliments when I wear it (especially from men). The citrus notes are also noticeable in this, but the first thing I smell is jasmine, then citrus. My mother and I are both very prone to migraines, and she has a lot of issues with this scent causing migraines for her. It does not cause headaches for me unless I use too much of it, so that should be noted. A little bit will go a long way. The staying power is amazing, and it's strong enough that I never feel like I need to douse myself in this perfume. I dislike the bottle, though. The zipper thing on the bottle is extremely annoying, and while I know I can remove it, I feel that it detracts from the overall look and feel of the bottle and the perfume itself, if that makes any sense. The top is so tall that I refuse to leave this perfume out where it could be knocked over because the bottle is made in such a way that it's extremely easy to knock it over, and the filigree-type design of the top gets caught on things easily. I don't leave my perfumes out on a dresser or vanity anyway because I don't like them to be exposed to sunlight, but for people who like to display their collections, this aspect could be a nuisance. And since this perfume is not particularly cheap (mid-range price), I don't want to have the bottle broken and have my whole house smell like this perfume. A little bit of this is a good thing, but too much is absolutely terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at all of the negative reviews. I LOVE this perfume! I'm very sensitive to fragrances and easily get headaches and this doesn't trigger any for me! The fragrance notes include: pink grape accord, natural orange flower, and juicy mandarin. Middle notes of jasmine, blushed plum, and honeysuckle. Bottom notes of sandalwood, amber, and vanilla. I can definitely smell the grape but it's not the main fragrance note and it definitely doesn't scream "grape Jolly Rancher." The perfume has such a pleasant and fresh scent to it. It's fruity and sweet but not cloying.....definitely NOT "old lady."The bottle is slightly ridiculous but the more I look at it, the more I don't mind it. The only negative thing I can say about this perfume is that it fades as the day goes on. I can still smell it on my wrists but it's not as strong as when I first spray it in the morning. Also it is a bit pricy but I have found that Kohl's and Gordman's sell it for a discounted price! :) All in all, this perfume is worth it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I tried this today, sprayed some on my wrist hrs and hrs ago. Once again I'm reminded that love of a scent is a subjective thing. I will give it this, it has incredible lasting power. For once that's a drawback as I have sickened myself smelling this on me all day. There is something about it that makes me almost queasy. It reminds me of Sand And Sable but in the worst possible way. I need to get off of MUA and shower!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Babydolly01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I've got to say I was disappointed by juicy couture this time. I have always loved their cute stuff but this perfume was not all that. I sprayed it on me once and it smelled really pretty so I decided to purchase it. It was a mistake. When I smelled it again all I could smell was this grape smell mixed with Elizabeth taylor's passion perfume which just smells aweful! The couture couture isn't so awful somehow but reminds me of it. It doesn't totally stink but I just cAnt be fan of it :( so sad. It's just an okay perfume that wont really grab anyones attention I think. So overall this is a whatever perfume to me, but the lotion it came with I really don't recommend bcus it doesn't smell anything like the perfume. I think this is why I don't like the perfume bcus it always reminds me of that nasty smelling lotion. So I really recommend everyone to test this perfume bcus it's not for everyone

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by AndreaReneeXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this perfume! I find I'm quite picky when it comes to picking perfumes and smelling this one for the first time was like hitting the jackpot.
It's the perfect blend of sweetness and musk, very sexy but in a flirty way. This would be perfect for a first date or going out to dinner. Actually, I can't think of anywhere this perfume would be inappropriate! Except maybe a hospital and other places where perfume is prohibited..
And the bottle! Such a lovely design, it makes me feel like a princess and it's so pretty sitting on top of my vanity.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by kdm1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If this was not quite so sweet in the first blast, I would have given this a 5. It does dry down to a really nice fragrance, but it takes about 2 hours for me to "warm up" to the fragrance.
It would be appropriate for a business setting if lightly spritzed but I really see this more as a "date" perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume. It smells really good. But it is pretty strong, so be cautious when spraying.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Ambergristanbul

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh, hey Giorgio, fancy meeting you here.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No