August 27, 2014 | 1967 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

There are 2 things I don't like about this mascara...the brush and the smell. It has a very floral/rosy scent which hung around long after applying. I really loved the volume and length it gave my lashes though. The only reason I would not repurchase is the high price tag.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by emaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Lancôme Hypnose. I bought drama hoping for something...well, a bit more dramatic. The formula itself is good. The brush is a bit tricky to use (use it in a u shape then flip) but the bad thing is that WAY too much product gets on the brush - it clumps horribly and I end up wasting so much of it combing it or scooping it off the brush. I have taken to dipping my old Dior wand into the tube and using that - which somehow doesn't get way overcoated in product. If you look at photo number 3, that girls lashes are exactly what mine turn out like when I use the overcoated brush. If you like that look you will love this product. If you want a less clumpy look, it takes work and isn't worth it - buy something else. For reference my faves are Dior show, Lancôme Hypnose and benefit they're real.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lashes are really long but unfortunately they're also thin. This is one of the only mascaras that gives me so much length and volume! At first I thought the brush was weird but as I experimented around it, it definitely paid off. Plus if you spend $2 more you get the new Lancome Show packaging which isn't really needed but it just looks cuter. Another plus is that the formula is I guess you could say more wet or moisturizing so it's easier to remove without tugging or losing lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by fellameow123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thank god I didn't buy this for myself.

This mascara does not boost volume in anyway. It just darkens lashes and leaves clumps.

Someone bought this for me from Sephora's for $20 and it was not worth the price.. I'd say its more of a $4 mascara.

No not recommended. I wanted VOLUME and DARKNESS not just darkness. Plus clumps really? They need to work on this product..

Two stars.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by AS437

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first tried this mascara after receiving a sample from a gift with purchase from the Lancome counter. The sample was amazing and I decided to try the full sized product after I was finished with the smaller size. For some reason, the full-sized version was not nearly as good as the sample I received. Firstly, the formula was very wet and it clumped by lashes together. Secondly, I wasn't able to build/layer this mascara. If I managed to get my first coat on nicely (which was less than half the times I used it), the second coat was a mess. The brush was ok, but didn't seem to help with the clumping issue (I think it was a formula problem anyway and completely unrelated to the brush). I honestly don't know if I just received a bad tube or if that is supposed to be the consistency of the product. I tried it out for two months, thinking that maybe it would dry out a bit with use and work as well as the sample size did for me, but sadly this was not the case. Either way, it was not worth the money for me. I have had far better results with other brands. It's a shame because I really wanted to like it and the original sample I had received was fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by hforsyth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go to mascara. It really does do what it claims, at least it does for me.

This mascara does flake a little, and you can very easily put too much on and it will look clumpy.
If you're careful with the application, this is a fabulous mascara. I have bought this several times.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara works pretty well to give you that Kim Kardashian spidery lash look, if that's what you're going for. However, it also clumps pretty easily, as others have noticed, and is easy to over do. The brush and formula has a little bit of a learning curve, but it's a pretty good mascara once you get the hang of using different parts of the brush to define and separate in order to achieve volume and length. For me, this formula really shone when I had on false lashes. I'd apply Hypnose Drama to them and it would be like WOW. However, for a more day-appropriate look by Lancome, I prefer Definicils, which works a lot like my beloved Loreal Voluminous Million to really define, lengthen, and separate my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by tiffany86

Love this mascara. Much better than most other brands. Would still prefer the basic hypnose. It seems to be a much smoother formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by louise210981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have long lashes, stay away from this mascara. Clump clump clumpy clump. That is all ;-)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by IreneAdler1

The best ( and priciest) mascara I have ever tried. Lashes look thick, long and voluminous, and still remain flexible and soft. One layer is enough for a beautiful, almost false lashes look. Do not try to put on a second layer, as it will clump.