July 30, 2014 | 1726 users online

Brows - Shu Uemura - Brow Pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best brow pencil on the retail market. Most eyebrow pencils are too waxy and go on too dark, looking unnatural. I have this in Acorn, which is the darkest color (a cool dark brown) and it is just perfect on me. If I have the time I will use the pencil on each end of the brow and then do some additional fill-in with a dark brown powder, but I don't really need to do both steps. If I have only a minute (or less) I use this pencil by itself and it adds just the right amount of color and definition for every day. I recommend this pencil to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brow pencil! Best I've tried so far. It goes on very naturally and almost looks powdered. Color applies easily. Incredibly cheap compared to other brow pencils i've tried.

There are a few downsides.
Sadly the plastic cap breaks easily though. On days when my skin is dry application gets really hard and uneven. I'd recommend using a good primer on the eyebrows before application.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by StormyApple

Got this in Stone Gray recently and I'm beating myself up for wasting money trying all the other eyebrow pencils all these years! THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST!

I have VERY sparse eyebrows, and most eyebrow pencils, powders just seem too red and brown for Asian me. Also, I've got oily skin, which means most makeup on my face melts really quickly.

I love this for its natural color, the best for Asians with black hair and yellow skin. Stays on well thru'out the day, easy to draw and, you can either bring it back to the shop for the sweet ladies to sharpen the "special" flat way for you, or you can just use the normal pencil sharpener. Works either way.

Can't imagine living with this^^

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 5:30:00 AM More reviews by super77

I don't usually repurchase the makeup products but this is my HG! I have tried it in H9 and H6, both equally good though the SA said H6 is softer and easier to blend. I'm using Seal Brown, looks very natural on my black eyebrow. I bring down to the counter for the SA to sharpen for me, somehow my lousy sharpener always break my lip pencils so I'm afraid that I'm wasting a lot of product. I'm hoping that Shu Uemura will come up with a mechanical eyebrow pencil. I bought the MAC lingering just for this reason but I find that the colour is not as natural as this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by burlesqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the best brow pencil I have ever used!
I bought the color Stone Grey which is great for black brows.
It distributes color onto the brows but not onto the skin. So brows look neat, natural and not heavily drawn in. The price is expensive for a pencil but seeing how you don't have to sharpen it very often, I think it will last a very long time so it is worth every penny.
I sharpen mine in regular pencil sharpener even though you could get it sharpened to a slant at a Shu Uemura counter. I personally don't see how the shape of the pencil would affect application.
***This is not discontinued...still available on the Shu site, maybe being dc at Sephora only.***

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got a H9 hard forumla stone grey 3 days ago, and had tested it on my oily face! Love it! I've been using Chanel, Maybelline and MAC, and I love this one the most, Chanel and maybelline have beautiful shade, the staying powers are both good. but they are not as good as this one. This one will stay on your face even when it's oily. It's very easy to apply (smooth), and the color seems natural on my Chinese face. I think it's a better deal when it's in pencil form since I can use it all the way to the end! All I have to complain (for now) is the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by boret

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NOTE: This has NOT been discontinued!
Sephora isn't stocking them anymore, but you can still get them from Shu...
Anyway, I recently purchased this in seal brown, and maybe my expectations were too high after all the raves, but I was underwhelmed. A decent pencil, but nothing out of the ordinary for its price point, and the packaging is so cheap it looks just like my wet n wild 99 cent taupe pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Cug198

OMG! This is my HG eyebrow pencil. I have it in Seal Brown and it is perfect - provides great definition but is completely natural looking. I lent this to a friend the other night and now she can't find it. So I go online to order another one and I realize I am having a ridiculously hard time finding it online anywhere. I started to get the sneaking suspicion that it's being discontinued and I check MUA...and low and behold, I read the post below.

Oh no!!!! *sobs*

How could they discontinue this outstanding product!?!! This is THE best eyebrow pencil I have ever used in life. I am off to scour eBay and see if I can find it anywhere...*sobs*

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by aeroxy82

this is being discontinued, at least in Seal Brown! got an email notice from Sephora!!! i could cry, this is my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by feli17th

I have very sparse eyebrows and want a filler that looks very natural.(as if they are my natural brows) When I went to the Shu counter, the lady who works at the counter recommended Seal Brown. It has flat tip which makes application very easy to control and fast. You can never overdo your brows with this. Even if you do, just use your fingers to rub off the excess.
My only complaint is that it's expensive ($28 Cdn before taxes) and I cannot sharpen the flat tip myself. The lady told me that I can just bring it back to the counter whenever it needs sharpening and they can do it for me in 10 minutes. However, I think it's really worth it. High quality product and very easy to use.