April 20, 2014 | 928 users online

Cleansers - Bobbi Brown - Cleansing Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by sactonina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the previous review. DHC is by far the best cleansing oil out there, and I've tried a few. This does not improve my skin (i.e., I noticed blackheads reduced, pores cleaner with consistent use of the DHC.....) nor does it rinse off the way I like. Not worth the price. :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

In comparison to other cleansing oils on the market, this is grossly over priced for what it is. If you are not an experienced cleansing oil user, you may like this but you are really better off starting with L’Occitane / Bosica or some of the cheaper Asian brands that retail for around $10 and do a better job. The issue with this is that the formula does not rinse clean, even from your hands. This is a massive issue and defies the purpose of a cleansing oil. Almost every other brand out there rinses off better than this. This does go milky but a heavy oily residue is left and you must cleanse again after this. I feel as if the formula needs to be reworked to include more of the emulsifying agent so that it mixed better with water. If you can splurge, Boscia make up break up cleansing oil is still the best I have tried. This is followed closely by Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse. After using so much of this type of cleanser, I have realised that the Asian brands make the best, I prefer to go to sasa dot com and almost anything off there is better (and much cheaper) than the western brands. The packing for this is great, and I suggest you keep if for other oils where the pump is flimsy. I also like the natural oil component of this and the fact that it has a very light natural scent. The texture is very smooth but it is on the runnier side. Overall this is just OK, I would say on the same level as MAC (which is cheaper as well) but one can definitely do better.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am officially a convert from creamy facial cleansers to cleansing oils. Let me begin by saying that I have combination skin and my t-zone can get very shiny, so I was hesitant to try a cleansing oil. The first one I tried was actually by MAC, but when I finished that bottle, I purchased Bobbi's because I really love her skincare products.

You apply the oil to you dry skin, massage in it and rinse off with water. Nothing will dissolve every trace of makeup off of your face better, including waterproof makeup. I wear contact lenses and have sensitive eyes, and even when I rub the cleansing oil onto my eye area, it removes everything, and doesn't burn or irritate my eyes. Best of all, it does not leave skin "squeaky" clean. Rather, it leaves skin soft, smooth, glowing and plump. I then continue on with my skin care routine as usual.

It has never caused a breakout, or an increase in oil production. If anything, it has helped decrease breakouts, because it removes every trace of dirt and grime from my skin. It has the faintest scent to it, and a bottle lasts for 2 - 3 months. I use it year round and will never go back to a regular facial cleanser again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ralcan01

i used this during the winter and it made my skin soo soft.. very gentle...although i do have to remove my makeup prior to this but no biggie.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by 2010jesslee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for more than 2 months, use it about 2-3 times a week at night. I could say this product does have great smell, very refreshing... I do have very oily skin, I have tried Fancl House few years ago but I hated it, it caused very bad acne and it just never go away after I used it.
It took me awhile to wanna try another cleansing oil, I have been using Lacome cleansing milk for years and I think its great for me, but I sort of wanna see any other products better than that.
Okay, so far I like this cleasing oil because it does have a good job for removing make up especially mascara. I don't need cotton pad anymore which is good. I do not find any traces of mascara anymore, but the Lancome one sometimes I still find some black mark around my eyes and I tend to need a lot product to clean it properly.
But one thing I have to point out is... it seems like my acne has come back a bit on my chin, I am not too sure is this because of the cleansing oil or sth to do with my hormone or whatsoever... so I will have update later and see how it goes, I hope it will not disappoint me since it is quite pricey :-)
Edit: I think this oil really make my acne worst, after I stop using it I don't have that much acne anymore. Quite disappointed as I thought this oil should be gentle....:-( I will try MAC and see how it goes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Andrea400

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worked beautifully the first two days. Third day, face was covered in fine bumps and I have dry skin and am NOT prone to breakouts. Oh well.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

EUGH I keep telling myself that I will listen to peoples reviews but sometimes I just get so excited about a product I read the review then ignore it!! this product is great at removing my makeup buttttt a couple of days after using it nightly I got really bad spots those ones under your skin! So I stopped using it then few weeks later tried it again and same thing happened..Im really sad I love it as a make up remover but my skin hates it :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 8:43:00 AM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a few samples of this. Never tried it on my face after noticing that everybody said it clogged their pores... I used it on my hand, and it does remove makeup well, but honestly I think the Shu Uemura oils work a lot better.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by kiefer5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleansing oil really dried and irritated my skin. However I have found that almost every cleansing oil has dried out my skin. It says this oil cleanser can take off eye makeup but it really irritated my eyes even though I kept them closed when I cleansed. This has the best scent and the company should make a body lotion with this scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mcarpio

Light, cleanses without stripping and it isn't overly greasy. This is a very gentle product and yet my face is clean once used. I live in Jersey, I noticed that my skin dries out in the winter and is hydrated and almost glowing in the summer -regardless of humidity. This being said I have an acne prone and oily T-zone complexion -I used to strip my face clean w/the regular OTC cleaners and some expensive products as well -for acne prone skin. Needless to say I stopped everything, and started from scratch, no harsh chemicals, basic cleaning (w/BB cleansing oil) moisturizer and serums. And presto less oily complexion and less freakin pimples!!! Go figure. This is part of my cleansing ritual, at least for the winter, I loved "Fresh" Soy Face Cleanser for the summer and will probably go back to it during the summer months, but for the wintery outside cold and heated inside rooms, BB cleansing oil will be a keeper.....Until further notice.