Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil

3.3

Isopropyl Palmitate, Triethylhexanoin, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Peg-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Polybutene, Triisostearin, Peg-8 Diisostearate, (Peg-12) Diisostearate, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Bixa Orellana Seed Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Bisabolol, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Glyceryl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water

on 9/18/2011 7:30:00 AM

I have just repurchased this - took me about 10 months or so to go through the bottle, so the fact that this really isn't cheap doesn't particularly bother me.
I generally use this at night time to take off my make up - I massage on about 2 squirts of it and leave it for a minute or so and either rinse it off under the shower or wash it off with a terry facial cloth and hot-ish water.
I never noticed a greasy (or some reviewers mentioned "slimy") residue - it removes all my make up (I don't exactly trowel it on, though), including non-waterproof mascara.
If I've used waterproof mascara, I usually take it off with Clinique Take the Day Off first.

It didn't have any impressive effect on my skin condition, however I didn't leave my face feeling tight during the winter months and never caused any breakouts either.

I very much like the pump container and will probably use the empty one I have to fill another creamy cleanser I use occasionally into it.

on 8/20/2011 11:06:00 PM

I have combination skin and was very hesitant to try this but I had read so many great things about cleansing oils that I decided to give it a try. I went to Nordstroms and got samples of every cleansing oil they sold. I am a huge La Mer user but theirs smelled kinda fishy and irritated my eyes. I tried Macs and it was ok but the Bobbi Brown cleansing oil smelled better and I liked the packaging better. It's a really nice sturdy pump. I used up the samples and then bought the BB. I've been using it for about three weeks now, only at night. I have to say I really really like this cleanser. It gets off more make up than most other cleansers I've used and as along as you rinse your eyes well enough, it doesn't irritate them. I wet my fingers and gently loosen up my mascara, then I apply the cleansing oil dry to my face and work it into my eye makeup. Sometimes I'll use my clairsonic too. Then I rinse like there no tomorrow. My lashes have less breakage and my combo skin is more balanced than it has ever been. I get to work around 830 and usually have to blot by 11ish, and then again by 3. but after using this for a few weeks, I've found that I only need to blot around 2 or 3 and that's it for the day. For travel I highly recommend a little travel bottle though, you only need a couple pumps for your face so a small container travels well. I still use a stronger cleanser after a workout or excessive sweating but for everyday, I'm very happy with this cleanser and will repurchase when I run out.

on 7/21/2011 2:30:00 AM

I got this as a sample. This is rather too oily for me. I also had to use more to remove water proof mascara. I wouldnt buy this as there are some drug store brands which are far cheaper that removes water proof make up easily.

on 7/13/2011 2:25:00 AM

The best feature I like is that it can turn from oil into soap by just adding water, so I do not have to wash my face again after removing my makeups.

But the product is definitely over-priced, and there are alternatives sold at a much lower price, for instance, mac.

on 7/6/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm surprised at the bad reviews for this cleansing oil. I picked it up at the EL warehouse sale 2 for $25, so I'm not even sure what it normally retails for. Anyway, I've switched from Revlon CS to ELDW and my normal facewash wasn't washing off ELDW completely. I massage the oil onto a dry face then rinse and all makeup comes off. Even waterproof mascara. I do follow up with my facewash though. I had a not so pleasant experience with OCM and am skeptical about leaving "oils" on my skin. I also use this to clean my foundation brush after every use. I was using Dawn to rinse Revlon CS out of my brushes which worked fine. But Dawn wasn't washing ELDW out. I use one pump on my brush, swirl, rinse and follow up with Dawn to get the oiliness out of the brush. My brush has never been so clean!!!!! I also love the pump bottle. No wasting of product this way. I would buy this again.

on 7/5/2011 12:38:00 AM

I recently purchased this cleansing oil because I heard it was pretty good at removing makeup, dirt, etc, etc. I also use to buy Dermalogica's Pre-Cleanser and I became loyal and excited to use cleansing oils in my face routine. I swapped out of Dermalogica because it was drying the area around my mouth. The only result I don't like from BB is a feel of slick on my face. It's kinda hard to describe, but I basically have to wash my face with cleanser after wards to remove the oil residue (a.k.a- moisture?) Overall, pretty good product. Would definitely repurchase.

on 6/18/2011 2:59:00 PM

My skin reaction after using this just after one time is enough to make me put a stop to it. I have acne-oily skin with a touch of dehydration.

It has a great texture(glides on and doesn't rough up your skin when you're rubbing it) and really takes off all the light make up I had on.

But the pros stops there. My skin started having bumps and red spots and its especially bad around my cheeks and t-zone where there's already existing blemishes. Somehow its even more drying than my foam cleanser. Basically my skin just looks rough and clog up after using it even though it FEELS soft and smooth.

Def not worth buying it and I feel bad since it was bought on a whim.

on 6/8/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells great! That's where it ends. This is an over-priced product that does not do its job. I have slime left on my face after I rinse. And makeup is definitely not gone. Try DHC cleansing oil or one of Shu's (pricier) and you will be happy.

on 1/26/2011 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Nice texture, awful product. It didn't remove enough makeup, (I still had tons of it on my toner pad), and it left my skin a dry, flaky, itchy mess. I think I could get better results from a bar of soap.

on 7/20/2010 7:14:00 PM

I agree with the previous review. DHC is by far the best cleansing oil out there, and I've tried a few. This does not improve my skin (i.e., I noticed blackheads reduced, pores cleaner with consistent use of the DHC.....) nor does it rinse off the way I like. Not worth the price. :(