October 25, 2014 | 1712 users online

Cleansers - Bobbi Brown - Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Lindalpz

I recently purchased this cleansing oil because I heard it was pretty good at removing makeup, dirt, etc, etc. I also use to buy Dermalogica's Pre-Cleanser and I became loyal and excited to use cleansing oils in my face routine. I swapped out of Dermalogica because it was drying the area around my mouth. The only result I don't like from BB is a feel of slick on my face. It's kinda hard to describe, but I basically have to wash my face with cleanser after wards to remove the oil residue (a.k.a- moisture?) Overall, pretty good product. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by rqhooi

My skin reaction after using this just after one time is enough to make me put a stop to it. I have acne-oily skin with a touch of dehydration.

It has a great texture(glides on and doesn't rough up your skin when you're rubbing it) and really takes off all the light make up I had on.

But the pros stops there. My skin started having bumps and red spots and its especially bad around my cheeks and t-zone where there's already existing blemishes. Somehow its even more drying than my foam cleanser. Basically my skin just looks rough and clog up after using it even though it FEELS soft and smooth.

Def not worth buying it and I feel bad since it was bought on a whim.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by trapezer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smells great! That's where it ends. This is an over-priced product that does not do its job. I have slime left on my face after I rinse. And makeup is definitely not gone. Try DHC cleansing oil or one of Shu's (pricier) and you will be happy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Arik26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nice texture, awful product. It didn't remove enough makeup, (I still had tons of it on my toner pad), and it left my skin a dry, flaky, itchy mess. I think I could get better results from a bar of soap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by sactonina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the previous review. DHC is by far the best cleansing oil out there, and I've tried a few. This does not improve my skin (i.e., I noticed blackheads reduced, pores cleaner with consistent use of the DHC.....) nor does it rinse off the way I like. Not worth the price. :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

In comparison to other cleansing oils on the market, this is grossly over priced for what it is. If you are not an experienced cleansing oil user, you may like this but you are really better off starting with L’Occitane / Bosica or some of the cheaper Asian brands that retail for around $10 and do a better job. The issue with this is that the formula does not rinse clean, even from your hands. This is a massive issue and defies the purpose of a cleansing oil. Almost every other brand out there rinses off better than this. This does go milky but a heavy oily residue is left and you must cleanse again after this. I feel as if the formula needs to be reworked to include more of the emulsifying agent so that it mixed better with water. If you can splurge, Boscia make up break up cleansing oil is still the best I have tried. This is followed closely by Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse. After using so much of this type of cleanser, I have realised that the Asian brands make the best, I prefer to go to sasa dot com and almost anything off there is better (and much cheaper) than the western brands. The packing for this is great, and I suggest you keep if for other oils where the pump is flimsy. I also like the natural oil component of this and the fact that it has a very light natural scent. The texture is very smooth but it is on the runnier side. Overall this is just OK, I would say on the same level as MAC (which is cheaper as well) but one can definitely do better.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am officially a convert from creamy facial cleansers to cleansing oils. Let me begin by saying that I have combination skin and my t-zone can get very shiny, so I was hesitant to try a cleansing oil. The first one I tried was actually by MAC, but when I finished that bottle, I purchased Bobbi's because I really love her skincare products.

You apply the oil to you dry skin, massage in it and rinse off with water. Nothing will dissolve every trace of makeup off of your face better, including waterproof makeup. I wear contact lenses and have sensitive eyes, and even when I rub the cleansing oil onto my eye area, it removes everything, and doesn't burn or irritate my eyes. Best of all, it does not leave skin "squeaky" clean. Rather, it leaves skin soft, smooth, glowing and plump. I then continue on with my skin care routine as usual.

It has never caused a breakout, or an increase in oil production. If anything, it has helped decrease breakouts, because it removes every trace of dirt and grime from my skin. It has the faintest scent to it, and a bottle lasts for 2 - 3 months. I use it year round and will never go back to a regular facial cleanser again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ralcan01

i used this during the winter and it made my skin soo soft.. very gentle...although i do have to remove my makeup prior to this but no biggie.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by 2010jesslee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for more than 2 months, use it about 2-3 times a week at night. I could say this product does have great smell, very refreshing... I do have very oily skin, I have tried Fancl House few years ago but I hated it, it caused very bad acne and it just never go away after I used it.
It took me awhile to wanna try another cleansing oil, I have been using Lacome cleansing milk for years and I think its great for me, but I sort of wanna see any other products better than that.
Okay, so far I like this cleasing oil because it does have a good job for removing make up especially mascara. I don't need cotton pad anymore which is good. I do not find any traces of mascara anymore, but the Lancome one sometimes I still find some black mark around my eyes and I tend to need a lot product to clean it properly.
But one thing I have to point out is... it seems like my acne has come back a bit on my chin, I am not too sure is this because of the cleansing oil or sth to do with my hormone or whatsoever... so I will have update later and see how it goes, I hope it will not disappoint me since it is quite pricey :-)
Edit: I think this oil really make my acne worst, after I stop using it I don't have that much acne anymore. Quite disappointed as I thought this oil should be gentle....:-( I will try MAC and see how it goes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Andrea400

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worked beautifully the first two days. Third day, face was covered in fine bumps and I have dry skin and am NOT prone to breakouts. Oh well.