NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Went to Sephora to find a new foundation that would last on my oily skin and the MUA recommended this. I loved the feeling of it at first- how it gave a natural, healthy glow without looking greasy. Also loved the yellow undertones. However, I knew a long-lasting "glow" foundation was too good to be true for me. After a few hours I started feeling and looking greasy. When I would blot my t-zone, the foundation would just come off. It was like it was just sitting on top of my skin and never really set. Really disappointed in this foundation. Would probably work for normal/dry skin.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

For reference, my HG foundation is Chanel Vitalumiere aqua. My skin is combination, but neither particularly oily or dry (often quite normal).

This is a great foundation, it reminds me of Giorgio Armani's luminous silk, but with better coverage. I was able to build this up over my blemish to completely cover any redness. But it still looks very natural and doesn't settle into pores. In short, this leaves a very skin-like, glowy finish. Though it's worth noting that I always moisturise my skin well before applying foundation, which tends to increase how glowy my skin looks.

Update: I have since noticed that this doesn't last on my skin and makes me quite oily. So I have lowered the rating to 4 stars.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I do like this foundation and the color Stromboli suits my skin tone perfectly, but I will not purchase his for the price and only the price. IT's $40 and I have found very inexpensive foundations that look just as well on me or even better for cheaper than this. I don't feel the need to buy this again for that reason. If you use the same shade, I recommend using Wet n' Wild Full coverage foundation in Medium/Tan instead and it is only $4!!!

I have yellow undertones, but this foundation's pigments were still too yellow. It takes a bit more than other foundations to cover, the formula clings to skin and hair when it dries so people with dry skin definitely shouldn't use it. Even with a primer and setting powder it transfered so easily.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like this but do find I use quite a lot on each application compared to other foundations. I have dry skin but find this doesn't last well without a powder over the top. I use Clinique invisible blend loose powder over the top and get about 6 good hours before a retouch is needed. It's not a long wear foundation so don't expect it to be. The product blends well and does not irritate. Good coverage and a soft finish with no stickiness. The lack of pump is annoying but not the end of the world. I hate the Matt black lid. It looks dirty from the slightest touch. I would repurchase simply for the wexceljwnt colour match but might try the luminous weightless to see how it lasts

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got matched for this foundation at sephora and ended up purchasing the color "Punjab", for $45. I've been using this for about two weeks and I'm incredibly happy with it. it's way more high coverage than I expected so I may purchase a lighter one for a more natural, every day look, but the sheer glow one is excellent for a flawless finish. Perfect color match for my skin, suitable to dry skin, blendable, satin finish, nice yellow undertones. I think when I run out I will definitely purchase it again

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this foundation about 3 weeks ago in the colour "Santa Fe". This is definitely not what it is cracked up to be!!! It makes your skin look horribly shiny and starts sweating off after about 2-3 hours wear!

I started off my daily make up routine by using the MAC studio moisturiser, I let this set for around 5 mins, then used the NARS light optimising primer and let this set for another 5 mins. I then applied the NARS sheer glow foundation using my finger tips (as recommended by the NARS mua and various other mua's) The formula is very smooth and blends onto the skin really nice and doesn't feel to cakey "thick" on the skin.
I then topped up areas where I had any blemishes/pimples but it didn't even cover these up properly! I had to use the NARS concealer to dab onto the areas which needed it (which took a lot of time and effort) After this very lengthy process I set the foundation using the NARS loose powder, I then applied a little bit of blush.

I applied my makeup at 7:30am in the morning, at 10:30am I looked in the mirror at work and it was horrendous!! My nose was greasy as hell and the foundation had pretty much slid off my nose, my skin looked really patchy and just awful! Good job I brought my make-up bag so I can could top it up!! :-O

Another thing I disliked about this foundation is the fact you have to buy the pump separately ! I mean the foundation is expensive enough around £31.00 without having to spend an extra £3.00 on a fr**@!ging pump!!!

I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anyone especially people with acne/blemishes! I had to top my make-up up about 3 times during the day :@ where as with a foundation like Estee Lauder double wear you can apply it in the morning and it will still look perfect at 10pm at night without having to touch it!!!

I really, really wanted this to work for me, but after trying to make it work for a month I've now accepted that I still must hunt for my HG foundation. I did a lot of research online before purchasing, and decided to go with Deauville. Though it says it's a neutral balance of yellow/pink tones, I think it definitely is more yellow, and I was surprised that the shade was actually perfect for me! (I had been lead to believe that I should be using a pink-toned foundation... but now I think I should seek neutral or even yellow toned foundations!). The texture of Sheer Glow is lovely and with a Real Techniques face brush OR a beauty blender it went on really well. I also really like the coverage it gave. In certain light my face looked flawless...... but the reality was, in bright light or daylight I looked cakey as f***. (I should add that is was cakey both before AND after powdering with the Ambient Lighting powder... which is my HG setting powder.)

I tried misting MAC Fix+..... it was still cakey.
I tried applying the teeniest tiniest amount.... it was still cakey.
I applied a layer of my favourite drugstore foundation (Rimmel Match Perfection) then a layer of Sheer glow.... it was still cakey.

Now I have given up and have even given the bottle of Sheer Glow away.
So diasappointed!

The search for my HG foundation continues!

I'm really disappointed with this foundation. It isn't glowy at all, i feel as though its incorrectly named... I have drug store brands that do a better job of making me 'glow'. It emphasises my dry patches and doesn't look great when it dries. I've tried applying with a beauty blender and a brush and theyre both pretty rubbish. It matches my skin tone perfectly which is annoying, because the texture is just really not great.

This is my favourite everyday foundation! I have had this foundation for over a year now, and I am still only halfway through the first bottle even though I use it about 3-4 times a week! I love this foundation for school, as it provides enough coverage to cover any small blemishes or redness, but it still looks really natural and it lasts the entire school day (about 8-9 hours) with a small amount of powder without caking or going patchy on my dry skin.
The only gripe I have with this foundation is that when it is first applied it doesn't look great on my skin; it tends to make my (already quite dry) skin look even drier in certain areas, but after about 30 minutes it looks great, and it tends to look even nicer on my skin as the day goes on. I do not use a primer with this foundation at the moment, but I have used the NARS Pore Refining Primer and the Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow underneath it in the past, and it looked great on top of both, but at the moment I am enjoying using this foundation without a primer, as I don't think it needs one unless you have extremely oily skin.
I have numerous high end foundations and tinted moisturisers, such as the Charlotte Tilbury ones and the NARS Tinted Moisturiser, but this is the foundation that I can always rely on when I need some extra coverage, but still want a very natural look.

Video Reviews & Tutorials