November 23, 2014 | 981 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupforever71

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first when i bought this i didn't really like it for my dry skin. I was totally mislead by the name 'sheer glow' which doesn't do any of those things. I find it to be a semi matte foundation therefore best for normal to combination skin. I used to apply this with a foundation brush in which i found the foundation to come across as quite patchy on my skin but i found that applying it with a wet sponge gives a more flawless finish. I do like this foundation but i probably won't be repurchasing as i feel like theres more better foundations for dry skin but I'm glad i tried it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let's get this out of the way: no, it's not sheer and it doesn't add a glow to your face. It's medium coverage and pretty matte.

This is also the most high maintenance foundation I've ever used. I had to do a trial and error on how to apply it. I tried my Real Techniques Expert Face brush but it just soaked up too much product. I found it's best to dab it on with my fingers and then blend with a sponge (I use the RT one). It is buildable to medium coverage; one layer doesn't cover anything for me (I've got fairly clear skin with a blemish or two here and there and some old acne scarring). For me, it just takes so long to apply to my face, therefore I tend not to wear it when I'm in a rush to go to work in the morning. It's definitely a special occasion foundation.

Another reason it's a special occasion foundation is that it doesn't last very long on my oily-to-combo skin. I get 4 hours tops, with or without primer. I wear it when I'm going out for a short period of time (perhaps out to dinner).

And yes, the packaging is terrible. For $45, I should get a pump. What makes it worse is I tried to put the cap back on and it would not screw on straight. I turned it a bit more and it broke off on top of the bottle, so now the cap does not screw on securely at all.

I wanted to try this foundation for a long time before I splurged on it, and it's perhaps the most disappointing one I've ever tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by mdot95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmm okay so first off all there is no glow whatsoever don't get me wrong there is a little shimmer but its not glowy. Its actually a semi-matte foundation which if you have dry skin is a no no. I find the product only looks nice if you exfoliate really really good or the foundation will just look like a cakey mess. It also kinda clings to dry patches which is super annoying. It does have a nice coverage though but I wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by makeupgal718

Not a foundation expert or a makeup guru at all but i definitely know what looks good & what doesn't. THIS WAS A FAIL ALL AROUND.

Initially purchased at Sephora as an impulsive buy with the help of very nice young lady. Looked great (at first) but realized a few hours later it started separating with peaks of my skin showing through. My face was super shiny and just did absolutely nothing to make my skin appear radiant as it claims to do so. Instead, my skin looked dull and washed. Definitely not good for oily or combination skin, this isn't super heavy either so its strange with all the oil buildup....wont be keeping this to say the very least or repurchasing everrrrrr.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by mauveboudoir

I like this foundation for everyday and on me it lasts a good 10 hours. I just have to dab on it every now and then because I get oily but none of the patchy texture for me (am lucky that makeup stays on well on my skin). I wear Ceylan and it is a good match for my skin. I had to buy the pump separately which was a pain but it was handy though because you can lock it and it won't spill during travel. It's also unscented which I like.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by geiravor

I almost bought this foundation on impulse after hearing such good things, SO glad I got a sample because it does not work for my skin. It looks lovely in the first hour - just like skin. The colour match was also perfefct. Unfortunately though, it gradually fades and settles really badly into my dermatitis and dry patches. I tried this with multiple primers and multiple application techniques. Every time I end up thinking I'd look better without it on, which is something I never thought I'd say about foundation!!! I think it'd probably be really nice if you have non problematic skin though!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried a sample of this in Gobi and I am won over. Great coverage, feels so light, looks like skin (really) and looks better the longer you wear it. Like it so much I hate to wash it off at the end of the day cause it looks so darn good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by sheriibabyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this foundation. I use it as my every day foundation as it gives nice medium build able coverage without looking thick and cakey on my skin. I have an oily t-zone so I do set that area with a powder after I apply the foundation, I also have a bit of acne scarring and it covers well.
I would definitely re purchase this again, I use the shade Deauville, and it's a really good colour match for me. It has become one of my favourite foundations. I have also purchased the nars foundation pump to make getting the product out easier.
I usually wear this foundation for about 8+ hours a day. It has good lasting power on my skin(I don't use a primer).
By the end of the day everything is still looking good, my only problem area is my nose where the foundation may come off a little due to my oily skin and a little shineyness on the forehead area. But that is expected when wearing a foundation for the whole day and doing everyday activities. Other than that it's pretty much amazing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do love this foundation, but I broke out immediately, as I do with most liquid foundations except Chanel Lumiere and La Prairie.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Zoejuliana

I'm pretty pale with slight yellow tones. I have an oily t-zone, acne prone skin with some scarring (Wow I sound really attractive)

At first I really loved this foundation, it seemed like the perfect colour and texture. I bought this in Mont Blanc from Space NK. The assistant didn't even try the foundation on me, just said it would be right. I tried to tell her I had more yellow skin but she said my face was more pink - this probably was because I was wearing a foundation which was too pink!! Anyway it was fine for a while but I now feel like it makes my skin look really pale and nasty, almost transparent. I am considering taking it back for a more suitable colour.

I think this foundation will be good for winter as it tends to slide off my face now it's warmer. I probably would not re-purchase as it hasn't been the best foundation.

And off I go to continue my search of the best foundation.

22/09/14
So in the end I decided to repurchase this after getting colour matched to Gobi by a Nars make up artist. This was a much better colour on me. I have been using this for about 2 months and my face has suddenly been breaking out so badly. I haven't changed anything. But it also just looks really awful when on. As I said my t-zone is pretty oily and it would pretty much slide off. If I itched my nose it would cause a crease in the foundation over my nose. It was very patchy and I tried to stay positive about it and keep hoping it would get better.

Then yesterday I was being colour matched for a no7 lipstick and being intrigued by the machine's accuracy I decided to buy the Beautifully Matte foundation on a whim. So far I love it and I am waving goodbye to Nars £30 foundation and hopefully the no7 £13.50 will be my savior!