NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 1/26/2015 3:10:00 PM

I wouldn't reccomne this foundation...
My skin is normal to combination, and this foundation looks horrible on it after a few hours, especially after a few hours. It cracks up and after some hours I have no foundation left on my face, except in my pores (which aren't that big).
I really wanted to love this because it's so much raved about, but unfortunately its not a good foundation for me.

on 1/20/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Didn't like this product at first - applied it with a stippling brush and found that it was quite cakey, especially just under the eyes/around the nose, without adding much coverage, and it applied unevenly. However, when it's applied with fingers it blends very smoothly and gives a gorgeous finish, its easily my favourite foundation right now, the only disadvantage is that it doesn't have a pump. It also has a light/sheer coverage, so you would need a very good concealer to hide any blemishes

on 1/20/2015 11:45:00 AM

My biggest complaint for this product is the packaging. While it is aesthetically pleasing, it does not have a pump. I prefer a pump dispenser because I often accidentally pour too much out. You can buy a pump for it, but that is impractical for me personally because I travel a lot. That being said, I do love this product.

I apply this foundation over top of a moisturizer and the original smashbox primer and I set it with rimmel stay matte powder and this seems to work really well if you're not sure what to wear it with.

I apply this foundation with a beauty blender and this seems to work well. It blends the foundation into the skin as well as maintaining the coverage the foundation can provide. I've also used my hands and that works well if you don't have any tools. I also think it could be applied nicely with a synthetic densely packed brush and the formula doesn't seem the type to be difficult to blend with obvious brushstrokes or anything like that.

This foundation has a dewy finish and setting it with powder doesn't really take away the finish. I find it be beautiful but those of you with oily skin may want to try the sheer matte version. The coverage itself is medium buildable. With the first layer it doesn't seem like much coveragewise (although the finish is beautiful) but if you go over any problem areas with a second layer it covers it up almost entirely. The only thing I need concealer for is a particularly red blemish or when I'm sick the redness around my nose. (I reccomend mac studio finish for that)

This product does wear really well. I was previously using the kat von d tattoo foundation which has a matte finish and super high coverage but it wore really patchy and I haven't had any problems with this one at all. I do have dry skin though so those of you with oily skin may break down the foundation a bit. Some of my natural oils will show around my t zone throughout the day but it doesn't look greasy and a bit of powder or blotting would surely fix it. This lasts all day for me (7am-10pm) and I don't touch it up.

If you touch your face you might see foundation on your fingers and although I've never had this problem it could probably transfer onto your clothes as well.

I love this foundation for it's coverage, finish, easy application, and wearing time and I would repurchase it. Although should note this product is probably much better for dry skin than it is for oily skin. I hope this helped!

on 1/19/2015 1:07:00 PM

I'm going to admit, I was pretty bummed when this product agitated my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I was the shade Punjab and it was the perfect match for me. It felt so silky smooth upon application and didn't get oily throughout the day. Unfortunately, after about a week I noticed small bumps on my face, as well as severe oiliness which caused breakouts. When I stopped using this product, they immediately went away. I would advise for my sensitive skin beauties out there to test-patch this product on an inconspicuous area of the face or neck for a few weeks. Too often we think a product works well with our skin, only to find out a few days later that it does not. Overall, it was a great product and I understand the hype around it as it offers great coverage. If my skin wasn't so darn sensitive, this would work but alas, the search for my HG continues!

on 1/17/2015 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I hate this foundation on my skin. It doesn't last long, at all and I have 'young' skin! I've tried different methods of applying it to my skin, and still it looks dry. It cracks as well, after a few hours. The only pro this foundation has for me, is that it photographs well. It's definitely not glowy, it sits as a matte foundation on most skin tones. My Mum is cabin crew and wore this to try it out on her 'combination' skin and she said it lasted for about 4 hours. I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anyone!

on 1/16/2015 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this because I've had it for about a year now. I don't really care for this for several reasons. I do have dry skin and like several others have said this does cling to dry patches. Furthermore it has a tendency to cake and not last throughout the day (gets greasy and breaks down). For the price, you can do much better - Armani Luminous Silk, YSL Touch Eclat, Dior Star, etc.

on 1/16/2015 5:35:00 AM

After hearing so many good things I decided to try this foundation but was extremely disappointed. I love full coverage, long wearing foundations and this was quite the opposite for me. The coverage wasn't so bad but the formula was quite thin so needed building up, but by that time it looked cakey and clinged to imperfections. It looked good for about an hour then got oily and transferred so easily. Bit unhappy that I spent $60 on something I won't use.

on 1/16/2015 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I was very excited to buy this foundation because of all the hype around it and the colour range seemed very satisfying. In the end, the colour (Siberia) is the only thing i liked about it.
I tried to apply it with fingers, two different brushes, on top of a primer, without a primer, straightaway on the moisturiser, an hour after moisturiser... It just didn't work. My skin is oily/combination, the oiliest parts are nose, forehead, chin and the parts of the cheeks close to the nose, but this foundation looked incredibly patchy and flaky which has never happened to me before. On the parts of my face where it did work, it didn't cover pimple scars at all. I will continue attempting to make it work, because the shade is the closest to my skin tone, if a tad bit too yellow, but it's pale enough, which is a first, but so far - definite no.

on 1/16/2015 2:38:00 AM

sorry but this product is so bad. First of all it does not stay on my skin AT ALL even with a primer. One touch with my finger & if goes off. although is buildable it has bad coverage. this costs 72 in my country. Looks like Estée Lauder double wear is still the best, it's only 56 & the coverage is omg!! this product is light weight though almost feels like you're wearing nth. I had to touch up SO many times & I'm working in an air-conditioned place. would definitely not repurchase waste of money.

on 1/13/2015 6:01:00 PM

I purchased Sheer Glow Foundation after hearing a lot of hype about it and was curious to see what I was missing out on.

The foundation itself feels like velvet on your skin I have never used a foundation like it! I use Barcelona which is supposed to be a match with NC30 which is my shade in Mac. The colour is really perfect and looks very nice and even on the skin.

However this is not the foundation you are looking for if you want a fuller coverage. If your skin is flawless then this Sheer Glow is fantastic but in my honest opinion it does not cover blemishes and the likes very well.

In saying that the light coverage makes it ideal to wear on holiday as it is not cakey and look oily for at least 4 hours. I wore this every day on a recent holiday to Dubai and it really grew on me. I also wear it to school when I prefer to wear as little make up as possible.

Another complaint is the difficulty I have faced trying to source the foundation pump that fits in the bottle. I have tried many shops in store and online and all have said they are out of stock and have been for the last while. If anyone knows where to get one please let me know!

All in all I'd recommend Sheer glow as an everyday foundation with light coverage. If you are looking for something more that covers everything my advice is to look elsewhere! The price is justifiable considering it lasts a long time and so you get your money's worth. However do your research as I bought this as an impulse buy and wish I'd taken a bit more time to find out about it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials