April 16, 2014 | 1959 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Peel-Off Mask Cucumber

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like a giant pore strip for your whole face.

Yes its thick and sticky coming out of the tube. You have soap and water to wash your hands. Stop complaining.

Scent is very clean.

Apply it, then go watch tv or something and sit under a ceiling fan. Dries much faster this way.

When I peeled mine off, I saw a few blackheads on the mask and if you have "peach fuzz" on your face, it will hurt a little bit when you peel off. Big deal.

Will repurchase because its just fun to peel off and its cheap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Freeman's Cucumber Facial Peel Off Mask is a "clarifying mask that gently peels away impurities while cucumber extracts leave your skin smooth and silky". This mask is ideal for normal to combination skin. Freeman products are meant to be mostly natural. Freeman does not test on animals and makes their products in the USA. I bought the little .5fl oz (15ml) travel packet at Rite Aid for $1.49, 25% percent off. The full size tubes contains 6fl oz and sells for $3.99.
Packaging for the travel size mask is a little green packet. A coupon came attached at the top of the packet offering a $1 off a full size Freeman product. I love coupons! The front of the packet features the name of the product, written in white, and some cucumber slices splashing in water. The back of the pouch includes plenty of product and company info, directions, and a full ingredient list. Very informative packaging. This little pouch isn't the most functional though. There's no way to reseal this packet, which sets the product up for drying out or leaking. I hold the packet shut with a paper clip, which is effective, but I shouldn't have to do that.
This mask is a very thick, sticky gel, it has a similar consistency to super glue. It also smells like pickles. I like pickles, but I don't know if I want my face to smell like them. The scent doesn't go away either, it lasts the whole time you wear the mask and even after it's peeled off. Applying this product evenly is a little difficult because of how thick it is. You're directed to keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes, but I leave it on for 12-15 minutes, because it doesn't dry evenly within 10 mins. Some parts dry instantly, peeling on it's own, while other parts are still too gummy to be peeled off even after 15 minutes. Most of the mask peels off in one or two pieces, small bits left behind. Be careful not to get any in your hair or eyebrows or else peeling will be a little painful. My favorite part of this mask is definitely peeling it off, it's fun, and a little bit gross in a good way. I love peeling half off and being like "Mum my face is peeling!". She never falls for it, but we both giggle.
I don't see a lot of results from Freeman's Cucumber Facial Peel Off Mask. I think it tightens my pores a little bit, and it seems to bring my chin acne to head a little bit faster, but it doesn't seem to treat or help my skin in any way. It doesn't make my skin smoother like it claims. It just doesn't seem like it does much. I have normal to combo skin, so it's not like this mask isn't meant for my skin type. Disappointing.
What are my overall thoughts on Freeman's Cucumber Facial Peel Off Mask? Meh. Ingredients aren't as natural as promised. Packaging needs to be redesigned, there are 3-5 uses in each travel size pouch, so it shouldn't be something that you just rip open. I really like the inclusion of a coupon though, it definitely encourages you to buy a full size version of the travel size mask, good marketing. The product is a little too thick to apply evenly and takes almost twice as long to dry as advertised. Some spots never dry, while others dry very quickly and get tight and uncomfortable. Results are minimal, so I wouldn't repurchase this mask. If you're curious about Freeman's Cucumber Facial Peel Off Mask but I wouldn't call it a skip either.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by juicyyycouture

I'd repurchase. Not saying it's amazing but not bad at all for $3. This stuff smells like it has a lot of alcohol in it... got it in my eye and it stung really bad! My (sensitive) skin does feel irritated once and after I peel it off but it's not bad overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I love this mask! I have acne prone and super oily skin and this mask works wonders to reduce the redness of acne and removes oil and dirt from my skin. Its a little thick and sticky to work with, so a dime sized amount would work on your one cheek and half of the chin. You do have to spread it evenly, otherwise certain areas don't dry at all. Its a pain to peel it off when its wet, since it can hurt your facial hair. But once it dries off, you might even see a couple of blackheads on the mask as you peel it off. It has a nice scent that gives me a spa-like feel when I put this on my face! It dries off in 15 mins, so you peel it off after that and then wash your face with a cleanser. I would definitely recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLove7

If i could give this product a zero i would. On the packaging it says to let the mask dry for 10 minutes I let mine dry for 20 minutes. Right when i squezed the product into my hands it was SO sticky and was so hard to smooth evenly onto my face i had to apply multiple layers and it still dryed faster in certain places. It did not peel at all just dryed onto my skin and made it very irritated. I washed my face FIVE times and my skin still feels irritated and very tight. This product has a awful smell and didnt do anything but make my skin feel worse then it did before using this product. DO NOT BUY.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by katrami

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loved peeling it off. That was the best part!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by ginger9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had to write my review to boost the ratings. I like this for the refreshing and cooling properties. I do detect cumcumber in the scent and it's not over bearing. I relaxed and watched my movie as I waited for it to dry. I think the act of peeling, does help lift dirt and impurities from the face. My skin felt smooth and fresh afterwards. Put it this way for 3 dollars I really cannot complain.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by osuziex

I found this product for 3 dollars at Wal-Mart and was a little hesitant to buy it since it was so cheap but I had heard good things about this mask so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm really glad I did! My face is really smooth and soft, the smell isn't artifical or overbearing but light and refreshing. My forehead feels a little bit oily but I;m not sure if this is due to the mask or not but it's not a huge deal. Overall, this a great product and it's super fun to peel of the mask when it dries :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

This mask is nothing short of amazing - I can't believe it took me so long to try this!

It really resurfaces my skin, and brightens it - with no irritation. And for me, that's a huge deal - I have very sensitive, redness-prone skin. The mask actually calms my skin, and really improves the texture and tone. Wow!

I do leave it on 15 minutes or so, just to make sure it dries all the way. It's easy to peel off, with minimal pulling, as long as I'm careful. Do keep this away from your hairline, eye area, and eyebrows -

This really did wonders for my chin and nose - between this, Biore nose strips, and my Neutrogena scrub - my face will very soon be in excellent, visable pore-free shape!! Hopefully!

As an added plus, this stuff is super cheap - I got it at Walgreens for BOGO -

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by wynterandkaylinsmommy123

I love these masks. I just picked one up from ulta todayin chocolate and strawberry.
This product is very nice. I usaully put these on and just wash them off after they dry because when i peel them off i dont get all the product off so i just rinse it off. But this one really brightened my skin and made me look really healthy. I love it. The one thing i hate is how they dry up on the cap and makes it look really messy but thats nothing a lil wiping off cant take care of. Will always buy these