October 24, 2014 | 1716 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by doubledutchhdisco

The first under-eye concealer that I've actually managed to finish. Re-purchased again today!
Its consistency is perfect, thick enough to stay put but not so thick that it looks cakey. Still not cakey after setting with my Maybelline Dream Matte powder. Buildable coverage, but one layer usually suffices for my dark circles. It lasts very well, I live in a humid climate and find that this concealer will hold up for a whole day of 7-10 hours! I have yet to try it on a night out involving dancing and sweating, but will update once I do.

The only real downside is the packaging. The product comes out of a small hole in this strange flimsy rubber tube that is also used to spread the product. The concept is great, but the rubber isn't of very good quality and after a while bends out of shape which can sometimes disrupt the flow of the product. And the fact that it's 1.5mL for about $40 USD! But I digress, it's the only undereye concealer I've liked, and will continue to repurchase until I find a better alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is probably the first under-eye concealer that I really really like and will re-purchase. My under-eye area is dry and most concealers emphasize fine lines and the typical creasing that happens throughout the day. However this MUFE HD concealer stays put throughout the day for my without settling into my fine lines and doesn't dry out the skin under my eyes, which is the major selling point for me. It also has decent coverage. The coverage is build-able without getting cakey. The applicator is a rubber tip with a small hole for where the product comes out when you twist. The downfall is that it is very easy to waste product. I find I do a have twist once than pinch the applicator below the hole so that only a small amount comes out. It's a hassle but this isn't exactly cheap at around $28 CAD for 1.5ml or 0.05 fl.oz. Because it is pricey for the amount I only use it for under-eye concealing and not blemishes. I also like that doesn't have shimmer in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by NG9873

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I'm an inanely stressed out medical student in my mid 20s...living off of too much caffeine and way too little sleep. This, of course, means massive, ZOMBIEFIED dark BLACK-PURPLE circles...plus I'm of Indian descent so there's also the oh-so-lovely genetic predisposition that makes it all that much worse. Yay. Not :( To give you some idea of how bad my dark circles are/were - during clinic rounds my patients kept trying to get ME to lay down because they thought I looked more sick then they did.

I was resigned to looking like the walking undead until an amaaaazing MUA at the local Sephora suggested I try a combo of MUFE's Orange Color Corrector + this concealer (in #160) on top to blend it out. And, I kid you not...before I even put my NARS Sheer Glow in Syracuse on top...my dark circles are 90% gone. It's incredible. I actually look like a healthy human again!!! Plus, I'm shocked by how incredibly well the color matches my skin tone - which as I'm sure all you WOC are well aware can often be a rarity. Now, besides some hyperpigmentation, the dark circles, and a bit of old acne scarring, I have fairly even skin so I adore this concealer b/c with this plus the corrector I can actually skip foundation most days.

I know some people don't like the rubber tip, but that's a matter of personal preference. I actually do like it - but if you don't just twist a bit of product onto the back of your hand and use a fingertip or a brush on your face. Pat, don't rub, & use your ring finger! Now, coverage wise, I don't think this would be enough if I wasn't using the color corrector underneath, but since I am...most of the purple-ly dark circle is already covered by that so the concealer is the perfect amount of coverage necessary to blend out the orange.

One problem I DO have is that as the day goes on this does tend to settle into fine lines underneath my eyes a bit if I haven't properly primed & set my face. I can usually get around this by using a decent primer before I use the corrector & then using a translucent setting powder on top of the concealer but it is something of a con that keeps it from being the absolute holy grail concealer. Now, for me, this is a bit pricey - but I'm amazed by how little product you need to cover up so much! It like...melts into your skin and really lasts so because of how much better I end up looking with this concealer on - I think it's absolutely worth it. I'm definitely going to re-purchase this once I run out (I've been using this every day for about three months and I haven't run out yet)...

Still, I absolutely recommend at least trying this combo of products for ANYONE struggling with dark circles!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by peachiful

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this one. I use it under my eyes as a concealer, as well as, a highlighter between my eyebrows. It blends very nicely and doesn't crease or flake. I use 310 which is a pale pink, the color is natural/subtle and compliments my fair cool-toned skin very well. The packaging is not the greatest as the tip gets messy but definitely still worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by LeatherStuddedKiss

If you are looking for a lightweight concealer that offers amazing coverage, then this is for you. I have always been a fan of MUFE, and I just had to try this concealer. At first, I was a bit put off from the consistency. It's a little runnier than the concealers I have used in the past. I mean in general it was still creamy, but I was afraid that it would apply sheer. Boy was I wrong. This concealer has AMAZING coverage, for both the under eye area as well as for spot treatments. And what's great is that I don't have to apply a lot to get what I want out of it. The only downside to this product is its application. It comes as a pen with a flat rubber tip at the end. There is a hole there which the product comes out. I feel like there is a lot of product stuck at the end in the tip, and I have to bend it to get it all out. It's just a strange applicator, but other than that. LOVE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 6:45:00 AM More reviews by iciclerain

I bought the shade 315. at first I thought it was a little too light for my skin tone, but it turns out to be an illuminating color for the under eye area. It is not the most moisturising concealer, so creasing still occurs. but the most annoying thing is the applicator. I probably will not repurchase after I finish the tube. You only need a little product, so it seems like it will last me a long time. It does not provide the same coverage as my all time HG concealer by cle de peau.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by janemarieo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the HD primer and foundation which I like so I figured getting the concealor would be a no brainer. I had a Sephora SA apply on my face to find the right shade .. Which is a 315.. Since she applied I didn't really see the applicator because if I did no way would I have bought this. I absolutely hate this applicator. No amount of clicks will give u the correct amount of concealor needed. 1 click u get nothing 2 clicks u get way more than needed. I have been using a concealor brush to wipe the product off the applicator tip and applying it.

The concealor itself is nice and covers my dark circles as well as blemishes without getting cakey. Sometimes the color can get a little yellow especially if there is dry product on the tip from last applications too many clicks problem.

Pros: the concealor works nicely
Cons: the applicator is just so annoying it makes use undesirable. Expensive for the .05oz or product u get.

*UPDATE* 3/19/12
I have found a way to not waste the product with unnecessary clicks.. Click once and product will come up the silicone tube but won't come out.. Squeeze lightly and a small amount will come out and I just use a concealer brush to wipe it of the tip. Still the the applicator and won't buy again once this is gone its just top inconvenient. Hope that helps!

I won't purchase again unless MUFE changes their applicator.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

Really pleased with this concealer. I never use to use concealer, but even my friend was amazed at how great it covered up imperfections. The conealer itself goes wonderfully with the primer, foundation, and microfinish powder. I definitely recommend using it as a set for the best effect. It is definitely pricey, but a little goes along way!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mrsjoudat

I would buy this over and over again ! i don't care about the price , i just bought my second tube ! This is my HG concealer . First of all , i have lines and this covers them ! i tried mac , bobby brown , revlon , helena rubenstein ....etc none of them work for me ! I am in the color 123 , And it is on the yellow side , it is full coverage and hides my Scary Blue/purple circles .. I love this oh so much !!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, old acne discoloration.

The mini JCPenney Sephora SA and I went around to all the different brands to search for a suitable yellow toned concealer in liquid form (hoping for more moisturzing properties for under the eyes)... I tell you, there is not alot of options. Finally we settled on the MUFE #330, which is the only light yellow concealer we could find in this line.

I did not mind the pckging. I would "fill" with 3 clicks, squeeze the plastic tip w/ my thumb onto my concealer brush and keep using until empty (to avoid the drying out of product in the tip issue people are complaining about). Maybe I would "fill" with another 3 clicks if needed. But after two weeks, this liquid concealer simply did not provide enough coverage to cover the acne discolorations.