April 20, 2014 | 1589 users online

Brows - Christian Dior - Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Annex

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I still have the Stephane Marais automatic brow pencil - kept it for both practical and nostalgic reasons. The fine point enabled you to subtly fill in sparse spots, creating a very natural effect.
This is actually even better - the point is ultra-fine, the one "universal" shade is a medium taupe with no discernible grey, auburn/red, or green undertones. It requires no sharpening and has a little spoolie at the other end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This looks a fine architect's pencil, the automatic kind. I draw on little brows and it looks very natural. This pencil makes it very easy to draw. The shade is Universal Brown 001, which looks great (darker, but very natural) on my red/blond/auburn eyebrows. My eyebrows have sparse hair on the ends... if you know what I mean. I have been putting a little Derma Scar Gel over them and pinching them together, and they stay in place. At night, I have been putting on a rice eye cream on my eye brows to condition them, else they go everywhere.

I think this is the best thing I've seen so far, I've tried only Chanel brows and some Joey New York (love the auburn color).

The "Dior girl" was at Sephora and she knew I was ripe for the picking. Set me down in a chair, and put makeup on me and I will buy. She tried the Dior eyeliner (she took the Smashbox gel liner out of my hand), Purple Diorshow, and I just needed one more thing for the Christian Dior Travel Makeup Bag, so I just grabbed this pen.
It was a worthy grab. It is very expensive, but I will not take it back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by WinterWheat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

New HG brow pencil. I thought the "universally flattering" claim was dubious, but I must say that on me at least, this color is rockin'. It's a dark taupe with no red, similar to MAC Fling (but darker) and Anastasia Medium Ash (but less red). I have dark-blonde-slash-light-brown hair, the kind that was blonde prior to puberty, and my eyebrows are in the same color range but lighter and sparser. This pencil fills them in beautifully. I use MAC Beguile brow groomer to finish. I imagine with darker hair/brows, this pencil would simply fill out sparse areas without darkening the overall color. Don't know how it would look on redheads because it's so ashy. There's no cap on the pencil end; you just twist it down. The spooley on the other end is nice and stiff. The price is ridiculous but until I find another color that works as well on me, I'll keep buying this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

i bought this when i first saw it as part of the Fall 2009 Jazz Club collection. not sure if it is new, i never saw it before this.
i have 001, the only shade, which i was told is universally flattering. my eyebrows are light brown and my hair is dyed light blonde. i'm not sure if this would be good for those with very dark hair, but then again maybe it would be.
this pencil is AMAZING. it is so tiny and precise you can really fill in *your* brows, not the brows dictated by a thicker crayon/pencil which often goes outside lines. you can highlight every little hair and line and really emphasize shape with precision. think megan fox eyebrows. the spooly brush on the other end is a nice touch. packaging is sleek.
i really liked the Dior Powder brow pencil, but this is the new kid in town for me! highly recommended. havent been this impressed with a product in a while
update: my hair is brown now and this still flatters like a dream