Dior Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil

4.7

on 7/31/2010 12:33:00 AM

Great product! I've tired ALOT of brow products; Chanel pencils the other Dior pencils Benefit wax Benefit pencil ETC! This one put me off at first-it's so dry and also such a fine tip that at first I thought, how am I going to do anything with this? But here's the deal: the fact that it is fine and dry is why you can make little strokes that look like a seperate lash each time, so you get such a natural look! The ONLY color,001 Universal Brown, also put me off at first;I wanna have a choice in the matter! But it really is universal,as it is ashy enough to look good--any reddish brown just can't do it--you've all seen what I mean the reddish brown that screams EYEBROWS!!! The packaging is very minimal so it can go anywhere with me,it travels well. New HG brow pencil!!!

on 7/9/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this brow styler!!!! I dont know how it could get bad reviews? I have medium brunette hair and its always hard finding brow products that match my eyebrows... in general they come out too warm chocolatey of a color. My hair isnt ashy per say but it is not a rich brown either and my brows always end up looking redish brown with other products not to mention they are always so goopie and fake looking. Until I bought this I was using the brand name faces eyebrow powder in ash blonde. I went into sephora and asked about new brow products and was showed this one. I was hesitant about using a pencil style product but this one is the BOMB!! Its not really a pencil, its almost like and as thin as the mechanical pencils you can buy at a stationary store and its consistency is not creamy, its more dry so when you use it, its looks like part of your eyebrows both in color and texture and super easy to use. So realistic. I thought my powder was nice but this is the kats meow. I will never use another product for my eyebrows again. Mine is in color - universal brown. Hope this review helps!

on 6/3/2010 6:39:00 PM

Way too expensive!!! Faulty packaging and for the month that I was able to use it I was not impressed with the staying power!

on 5/26/2010 6:41:00 PM

Can't spoil the reviews for this perfect product. Everyone else has described it enough to give you the idea of how it functions, so I will say that this is one of those tools that makes a potentially difficult task (giving yourself defined, natural-looking brows) very easy. I've never been one to mess around with kits or waxes or gels - they always seem like extra work and sometimes look fake to boot. So my HG brow product for years has been Shu's pencil. (Still is, but it lives in my purse and the Dior Brow Styler lives on my vanity at home.) This simple pencil, however, really makes your brows look perfectly shaped and clean and full and barely takes ten seconds to use. Voila, you're done. I will also note that while this is a very fine pencil, it doesn't seem as fragile as similar ones like MAC, which I snapped constantly when I had it. This looks delicate but it's strong.

As far as color, I'm your basic "bronde" with brown eyebrows, so this worked for me but I can't say how it would work on anyone with red or pale brows.

on 2/8/2010 4:13:00 PM

Yes, darn it, I would/will buy this product again. It's outrageously expensive but, boy, does it do the job. The "universal" color is amazing, just sort of disappears into your natural brows, making them look oh-so-much better in a very natural way. The little brush hidden in the opposite end is perfect as well. Only the price and the relatively small amount of product are downers. Otherwise, a near perfect HG product. Bravo, Dior.

on 1/28/2010 5:27:00 PM

I just purchased this product and so far I love it. At first I did not like the universal color but have come to like it better.
What I do love is the easy and fine application. Looks professional!
Now, the color does not cling to every gray hair but I usually have my brows dyed anyway,
If this does not work out I am going to try Merle Norman's brow powder since it also has good reviews.

Love this...everything about it besides the price since it's $30 CDN... The colour is universal and it works well with my dark eye brows...it's long wearing and fine tip makes precision eye brow filling a breeze plus u don't need to sharpen since it is an automatic pencil...great product!

on 1/12/2010 11:38:00 PM

Really great eyebrow tool. I have gone through a multitude of brow makeup, and haven't found one quit as perfect as this. The universal shade, in my opinion, is ACTUALLY universal. I have ashy blond hair and all I need are a few light strokes for a well-groomed eyebrow look. I imagine people with darker hair would need to apply a bit more product than necessary for my light hair, but it would still work fabulous. The formula itself is not too soft, not too hard and is very thin and precise; making it easy to target specific areas and draw with precision. It's a tad pricy, at $30 CDN, but worth the money for great looking brows. Will keep buying until I find something comparable.

on 12/21/2009 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I still have the Stephane Marais automatic brow pencil - kept it for both practical and nostalgic reasons. The fine point enabled you to subtly fill in sparse spots, creating a very natural effect.
This is actually even better - the point is ultra-fine, the one "universal" shade is a medium taupe with no discernible grey, auburn/red, or green undertones. It requires no sharpening and has a little spoolie at the other end.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This looks a fine architect's pencil, the automatic kind. I draw on little brows and it looks very natural. This pencil makes it very easy to draw. The shade is Universal Brown 001, which looks great (darker, but very natural) on my red/blond/auburn eyebrows. My eyebrows have sparse hair on the ends... if you know what I mean. I have been putting a little Derma Scar Gel over them and pinching them together, and they stay in place. At night, I have been putting on a rice eye cream on my eye brows to condition them, else they go everywhere.

I think this is the best thing I've seen so far, I've tried only Chanel brows and some Joey New York (love the auburn color).

The "Dior girl" was at Sephora and she knew I was ripe for the picking. Set me down in a chair, and put makeup on me and I will buy. She tried the Dior eyeliner (she took the Smashbox gel liner out of my hand), Purple Diorshow, and I just needed one more thing for the Christian Dior Travel Makeup Bag, so I just grabbed this pen.
It was a worthy grab. It is very expensive, but I will not take it back.

Popular Brows Products