De La Cruz 10% Sulfur Ointment

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Sulfur, USP - 10 Acne Medication ; Inactive Ingredients Polyethylene Glycol updated Jan. 20, 2016

This is another one of those hidden gem products that I would have never known about were it not for MUA! I use this 2-3x a week, and I leave it on for half an hour to an hour depending on when I get around to washing it off. I would NOT recommend sleeping in this, it's pretty harsh for overnight use if your skin is at all sensitive, and the texture and consistency is like slightly gritty honey. Also it doesn't dry, so unless you sleep on your back the whole night through you're going to ruin your pillows. I like that it has a bit of scrubbiness to it, IMO it's enough for manual facial exfoliation so you could get rid of your other face scrubs. I use this in conjunction with sulfur face soap as part of my routine, and as long as I stay consistent in my use my face stays pretty clear. Another tip: Use this at night so you won't have a rotten egg smelling face all day (other people WILL smell it, even after washing off lol), by the time you wash your face again in the a.m. the smell will be gone :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i have sensitive, cystic acne prone skin. oily t-zone, dry cheeks.

this is my emergency go-to ointment when i see a new blemish forming. it works most of the time by immediately shrinking it, or by helping it clear faster if the blemish continues to form.

this ointment does have a strong sulfur smell. when i first started using it a few months ago i kept looking around wondering where that rotten fart smell was coming from and i blamed my bf LOL then i realized it was my face. not cute lol.

i used it all over my face which was a bad idea. don't use it on areas where you don't need it. seems like common sense but i thought if i put it all over my face everyday 2x a day then maybe it would prevent blemishes forever. dumb.

it really dried out my face, i looked like i had aged 30years in a week because my skin was dry and wrinkled and crusty then i started breaking out even more and peeling. i was freaking out. its hilarious now but it was not cool when it happened.

it took me 3 months to undo the damage. so be careful when using this product because it is very strong.

also, the jar is not hygienic, i decanted it into a bottle. i plan to decant it into a vacuum pump bottle soon.

I've only been using this product for three days, so watch out for my future edits & updates.

De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment has been on my wishlist for about a year now. It seems to be a secret miracle product for many, with many natural, scientifically proven, ingredients.

However none of my local Walgreens ever carry it, & I'm reluctant to order online. Thanks to MUA I learned last week that my dreaded Walmart carries it! Isearched my local one like a hawk & found it not in the skincare aisle, but next to the lotions. Walmart sells it for very cheap at the moment ($3.50, vs the $6 I would have spent at Walgreens).

Anyways, I swiftly bought one & brought it home that afternoon to try. Everyone says you can't wear this under make up yet I thought I could be sly & get away with it. NOPE. This stuff has the consistency of dollar store toothpaste meets vaseline. I also thought everyone was nitpicking & exaggerating about the texture. Once again...NOPE. De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment truely is uncomfortable to wear. Your face will feel gross & sticky, with pores unable to breathe, until you wash this off. I apply before going to bed & hate the feel of it against my pillows.

With all that being said, so far this Sulfur ointment has lived up to all my expectations! The ingredients in it are a lot more natural & less harmful than my ex HG benzoyl peroxide cream. Sulur absorbs all oil my pores exude overnight then it further cleans them out & tightens. My skin is left feeling fresh, clear, & OIL FREE. Which is a miracle for my SUPER oily, acne prone skin. I'm not terrified of the TX summer weather that's a few months away because I know this will do the trick. Last year it was so hot & humid here the only thing that helped a TINY BIT was to coat my skin in baby powder. NOT THIS TIME! I am prepared. ;P I will update soon.

-------------

Update: I'm still loving this product. It has a lot of sulfur so it might make your face a little bit red & it did make my skin peel. Those cons are soooo worth the outcome though. This stuff has helped my acne clear up.

For reference, I have sensitive combo/dry clog prone skin, seemingly random breakouts (1 - 3 blemishes) every now and then. I've literally trashed all my other emergency treatments and will never ever be without this tagain; stops breakouts dead in their tracks for me. Purchased at Walmart for around $4, comes in a plastic wide mouth screw top container. Ointment is a sticky, yellow 10% sulfur scented cream, texture makes it appropriate for night use only. I dip a clean q-tip in to put a superthin layer on any rising blemishes, and and they tend to disappear before they ever really come up. Surprisingly this works on all breakouts (blachkeads aside) from the usual TOTM to the the random deep cystic. Only word of warning is that this can dry your skin and make it flakey if you use it more than 1x/day. Overall, great find.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

AMAZING! Found mine at Walmart. This is the best treatment/ointment that I have used or found for acne. It drys out the pimples and can leave your skin flakey, but is an obvious result from the sulfur since that is what it's suppose to do. It's also better the other topicals for acne because it's more natural and isn't as harmful as other chemicals. I highly recommend this not just for people with acne, but for everyone who wants that flawless face with NO BLEMISHES!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

i use this stuff as an extreme-spot treatment for large, painful whiteheads. by the next day, the pimple is completely gone!

the only problem is that the ointment is very powerful. if you use it too often, your skin will become irritated and flaky. you also dont want to smear it over a large surface - it will BURN. its best to use a cotton swab to apply it on top of the whitehead ONLY. then wipe down the pimple after about 30 mins.
i might repurchase this because it treats pimples so well... but the sulfuric smell is terrible. it lingers for a couple days.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

best acne oitment for acne ever!this stuff works!its sooo amazing!
the only thing is that it dries out your skin a lot so you will need a good moisturizer but other then that its the only acne oitment that has gotten rid of acne super fast.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

De La Cruz Pomada de Azufre (10% Sulfur Ointment)

Sulfur has been used since the time of the Greeks for acne. IT WORKS. When my skin is angry, this calms it way down. This is way, way better than topical OTC Acnomel (which has alcohol, terrible for your skin!). This particular sulfur formula is awesome. Got if for super cheap at Food Maxx, with the other "Mexican" personal care products. Like, $5.00. Used at night, and very lightly under makeup on a bad spot.

Other tips: avoid processed soy (it has estrogen, which exacerbates acne) -- boca burgers, tofu, etc.) and also eliminate dairy from your diet.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this!!! :D This is the most amazing acne medication in the world. It does take a little getting used to, by that I mean at first, it did dry my skin out but my skin has been almost acne free since I started uising this for the last 2 years. I love it sooo much. The smell (old eggs) is gross. It gets a little messy. But its soo much for such a little price. A little goes a loooooooooongggg way. It ususally lasts me about 6-8 months depending on how often I use it. I use it when Im stating to break out. And it works like magic. In less then a week, the acne is all gone. I recomend using it only once at night because it can dry you out if used in the day.

My skin has always been oily and acne prone. But through deligent cleansing, acne control treatment, and a lot of work, I was able to keep the breakout down to infrequent for years. Last winter, after a month of holiday festing on chocolate and sweets, I expierienced a serious of horrible acne breakouts on my chin. My old routine could no longer control the outbreak. So I started looking for new topical treatment before resorting to oral treatment from the dermotologist.

I've been using 5% Sulfur products prescribed by my dermotologist for years and have had good luck. After reading hundreds of reviews on ManeupAlley, I decided to try the De La Cruz Sulfur ointment because it is stronger (10%) than my old products. An easy decision, but hard to find. I looked through all the local drugstores and Walmarts but no luck. Finally I found a Spanish supermarket a bit out of the way but for sure, they have this product in stock.

The product is like everyone else described. It comes in a tube. I started using it once a day by using a clean toothpic to pick up the product, and dotting heavily on the acne. Then I use a clean spetula to pick up more oinment and applied thinly on the whole chin and nose to prevent new breakout. Within three days, the huge zcne shrunk from pea size down to smaller than a grain of rice. I continue this application for two weeks. Though the small bump is still there for one stubburn acne, other small breakouts all cleared and no new one had surfaced.

This oinment is quite strong even for my skin which is used to sulfur products. The skin where I applied the oinment heavily turned dark. The skin on the chin looked dull after two weeks. So I reduced the application to twice a week. I know for sure this works because for a month, I tried several acne spot treatment with my old Sulfur routine, but nothing fought this acne breakout like the De La Cruz sulfur ointment.