Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

4.4

water, propanediol, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethiconol, hydroxypropylcellulose, hydrolised wheat protein pg-propyl silanetriol, aloe, hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolised corn starch, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, sodium magnesium silicate, hydroxypropyl guar, pvp, fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid

on 10/30/2009 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product!! but it smells a little weird at first like cat pee. After it dries into your hair it has a nice lemongrass scent. Now, months later, I've gotten used to the smell. I don't know it works any better than another hair straightening product but it does smooth out your hair. It works way better than the Smooth Infusion style prep smoother, which I feel leaves a sticky residue on my hands and hair.

Taming the frizzes after blow drying or air drying is always a problem for me since my hair is this strange combination of straight and wavy, causing my hair to be highly unmanageable. But this product is great in making it more manageable, smooth and shiny without being oily whether I dry naturally or blow dry. I do still have to flatiron my hair after using this product even in combination with the Smooth shampoo and conditioner, if I want it to be super straight. One of my favorite Aveda products, after the universal styling creme and serum.

This product was fabulous, but it was just as good as my styling cream at home. I saw maybe a 3% better difference in my hair using this. I just can't make myself drop the money on this when my dove is only like 5 bucks. If you like to buy higher end products though, I say go for it.

on 9/2/2009 4:31:00 PM

I got this as a sample when I was in Aveda and I love it. It makes my hair so smooth and easy to style with just a dryer. It is a rare day when I try a new product and can actually see a difference that obvious. This is a good product.

on 8/16/2009 12:24:00 AM

I have never found a styling product that helped me straighten my hair like a pro like this! I have very thick, coarse, hair with a strong wave and my hair has never been easy to blow out so, for me to like this so much is amazing to me. This product is very concentrated and I love the fact that it has hold power to help hold my wavy hair in a straight position. The consistency is gel like and I appreciate that it also protects my hair from heat thanks to the aloe. I always use style-prep smoother (got to protect my hair from frizzing) and then I follow with my Glossing Straightener and voila! I have beautiful, shiny, straight hair that I did myself! Thank you so much Aveda!!

on 7/28/2009 5:48:00 PM

I don't own this product, but my friend does, and she says it works wonders. Her hair is naturally very course and wavy...it also gets frizzy very fast if there is any sort of humidity in the air. She says if she uses this product before she styles her hair though, her hair is much easier to handle

on 7/28/2009 5:44:00 PM

I adore most things Aveda, but I thought this was just "meh." I use the Smooth Infusion Style-Prep and I just love it, so I was really excited to try this out. My hair is fairly thick and pretty wavy naturally. The Glossing Straightener kept my hair fairly straight, but it seemed snarly while I was blowing it dry with a round brush. The texture of my hair after I finished with the flat iron was kind of ... icky. The Style-Prep, on the other hand, makes it feel really soft and smooth. To be fair, my hair has been kind of weird since I had a baby four months ago, so maybe I'll give this another chance when my hair gets back to normal. I'll probably use the rest of the tube of the Glossing Straightener, but I won't repurchase.

EDIT: I decided I really do like this product! Once my hair was back to normal, it seemed to work much better. I especially like to blend with just a little bit of the Style-Prep for a really nice smooth feel.

on 7/24/2009 10:37:00 AM

This is perfect for my fine, highlighted hair. It provides just enough slip that blowdrying is a breeze. It smooths the ends and makes my hair look more "polished". You don't need much of this to achieve the straight and shiny look, which is good b/c it's expensive! I only use a little bit on the middle and ends before blowdrying each morning.

Great product for those seeking a straight and sleek look, smells nice too!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well as an avid Aveda user (tried almost every product that was suitable for my hair), found this product alright. I had just finished a bottle of there Prep and heard that there was a new product out for keeping hair straight.
The tube is a decent size, so for the amount of $ it cost (29cdn.) it will last for a long time.
I have a chin length bob, fine hair (but a lot of it) with a touch of a wave. I round brush my hair when I blow dry it and use a flat iron afterwards, so it has kept my hair poker straight (even in 90% humidity).
Probably will repurchase just because I like the smell of Aveda products.

on 7/20/2009 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have naturally curly thick hair and this product made it naturally curly thick frizzy hair. I mean Frizzy! Granted, I live in Florida and there is a lot of humidity. But a 'smoothing' product should be able to at least help matters, not make them worse. I gave this a 3 because I bought this product at the salon after my hairdresser used it on a blow out and it was nice, but most products are with a pro blow out. Guess that's how they hook you...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

For reference, my hair is mostly straight with this weird waviness in the back of my head. I also have medium hair and a lot of it...and its slightly above my shoulders.

I will first admit that I'm not very good at doing my hair. I love the straight look but I am just very good at achieving that look on my own. I finally mastered (for the most part) using the round brush and the flat iron, but I knew that I would need a good product to help me and keep the style I want.

I feel that this product works really well. A little goes a long way here, you don't have to glop it on to get results. I use a pea sized amount in my damp hair, comb it through, blow dry, round brush and if I feel like it...flat iron some random pieces and voila! smooth, soft, shiny and straight hair.

I will say that it is a little spendy, at $21.00, but since a little goes a long way to get results, I feel that this tube (4.2 fl oz/ 125 ml) will last a long time...so for me its worth the money.

I found mine at an Aveda Salon. I would repurchase.

Popular Styling Products

Potion 9
Mythic Oil

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Final Results of Aveda's Naturally Straight after 5 Uses. 4A, 4B, 4C & 4Z hair by Brandie Jeanette

How to Straighten Kinky Hair With Aveda's Naturally Straight. 4A, 4B, 4C , 4Z Type Hair by Brandie Jeanette

Top Rated Aveda Products