October 23, 2014 | 1846 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by SalescoopCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't own this product, but my friend does, and she says it works wonders. Her hair is naturally very course and wavy...it also gets frizzy very fast if there is any sort of humidity in the air. She says if she uses this product before she styles her hair though, her hair is much easier to handle

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by amyno

I adore most things Aveda, but I thought this was just "meh." I use the Smooth Infusion Style-Prep and I just love it, so I was really excited to try this out. My hair is fairly thick and pretty wavy naturally. The Glossing Straightener kept my hair fairly straight, but it seemed snarly while I was blowing it dry with a round brush. The texture of my hair after I finished with the flat iron was kind of ... icky. The Style-Prep, on the other hand, makes it feel really soft and smooth. To be fair, my hair has been kind of weird since I had a baby four months ago, so maybe I'll give this another chance when my hair gets back to normal. I'll probably use the rest of the tube of the Glossing Straightener, but I won't repurchase.

EDIT: I decided I really do like this product! Once my hair was back to normal, it seemed to work much better. I especially like to blend with just a little bit of the Style-Prep for a really nice smooth feel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is perfect for my fine, highlighted hair. It provides just enough slip that blowdrying is a breeze. It smooths the ends and makes my hair look more "polished". You don't need much of this to achieve the straight and shiny look, which is good b/c it's expensive! I only use a little bit on the middle and ends before blowdrying each morning.

Great product for those seeking a straight and sleek look, smells nice too!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by searchanddestroy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well as an avid Aveda user (tried almost every product that was suitable for my hair), found this product alright. I had just finished a bottle of there Prep and heard that there was a new product out for keeping hair straight.
The tube is a decent size, so for the amount of $ it cost (29cdn.) it will last for a long time.
I have a chin length bob, fine hair (but a lot of it) with a touch of a wave. I round brush my hair when I blow dry it and use a flat iron afterwards, so it has kept my hair poker straight (even in 90% humidity).
Probably will repurchase just because I like the smell of Aveda products.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Licha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly thick hair and this product made it naturally curly thick frizzy hair. I mean Frizzy! Granted, I live in Florida and there is a lot of humidity. But a 'smoothing' product should be able to at least help matters, not make them worse. I gave this a 3 because I bought this product at the salon after my hairdresser used it on a blow out and it was nice, but most products are with a pro blow out. Guess that's how they hook you...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference, my hair is mostly straight with this weird waviness in the back of my head. I also have medium hair and a lot of it...and its slightly above my shoulders.

I will first admit that I'm not very good at doing my hair. I love the straight look but I am just very good at achieving that look on my own. I finally mastered (for the most part) using the round brush and the flat iron, but I knew that I would need a good product to help me and keep the style I want.

I feel that this product works really well. A little goes a long way here, you don't have to glop it on to get results. I use a pea sized amount in my damp hair, comb it through, blow dry, round brush and if I feel like it...flat iron some random pieces and voila! smooth, soft, shiny and straight hair.

I will say that it is a little spendy, at $21.00, but since a little goes a long way to get results, I feel that this tube (4.2 fl oz/ 125 ml) will last a long time...so for me its worth the money.

I found mine at an Aveda Salon. I would repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No