April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is perfect for my fine, highlighted hair. It provides just enough slip that blowdrying is a breeze. It smooths the ends and makes my hair look more "polished". You don't need much of this to achieve the straight and shiny look, which is good b/c it's expensive! I only use a little bit on the middle and ends before blowdrying each morning.

Great product for those seeking a straight and sleek look, smells nice too!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by searchanddestroy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well as an avid Aveda user (tried almost every product that was suitable for my hair), found this product alright. I had just finished a bottle of there Prep and heard that there was a new product out for keeping hair straight.
The tube is a decent size, so for the amount of $ it cost (29cdn.) it will last for a long time.
I have a chin length bob, fine hair (but a lot of it) with a touch of a wave. I round brush my hair when I blow dry it and use a flat iron afterwards, so it has kept my hair poker straight (even in 90% humidity).
Probably will repurchase just because I like the smell of Aveda products.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Licha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly thick hair and this product made it naturally curly thick frizzy hair. I mean Frizzy! Granted, I live in Florida and there is a lot of humidity. But a 'smoothing' product should be able to at least help matters, not make them worse. I gave this a 3 because I bought this product at the salon after my hairdresser used it on a blow out and it was nice, but most products are with a pro blow out. Guess that's how they hook you...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference, my hair is mostly straight with this weird waviness in the back of my head. I also have medium hair and a lot of it...and its slightly above my shoulders.

I will first admit that I'm not very good at doing my hair. I love the straight look but I am just very good at achieving that look on my own. I finally mastered (for the most part) using the round brush and the flat iron, but I knew that I would need a good product to help me and keep the style I want.

I feel that this product works really well. A little goes a long way here, you don't have to glop it on to get results. I use a pea sized amount in my damp hair, comb it through, blow dry, round brush and if I feel like it...flat iron some random pieces and voila! smooth, soft, shiny and straight hair.

I will say that it is a little spendy, at $21.00, but since a little goes a long way to get results, I feel that this tube (4.2 fl oz/ 125 ml) will last a long time...so for me its worth the money.

I found mine at an Aveda Salon. I would repurchase.