July 31, 2014 | 1918 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MissStarKid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't understand the bad reviews on this product. The formula for this is not runny at all and helps hold my curled lashes. My lashes look huge and beautiful nad awesome! I will buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by dreamr009

I have short thin lashes and this product definitely lengthened my lashes a little bit but didn't add any volume. It would gave a good natural look since it darkened and lengthened my lashes and didn't smudge at all. It doesn't flake either and overall the product was good and I would definitely repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- no smudging/smearing
- no clumps
- separates/defines
- decent volume
- holds curl

CONS

- formula is a bit dry

COMMENTS

I didn't like this mascara at first because I felt like it wasn't coating my lashes with enough product, until I put a couple drops of Visine. From there on, I've had no problems with it. It doesn't clump whatsoever and does a great job at defining my lashes while giving a decent amount of volume. It doesn't weigh my lashes down at all, holding a curl very well. The brush is quite big, but don't expect a false-lash effect with this, it looks more natural...which isn't bad.

Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by CountryChick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara is not what I wanted.

Length: If you have short lashes, this may help lengthen them a little.

Volume: Very little volume. This mascara kinda helps you if you are into a more natural look.

Overall: This mascara does not live up to it's name. It doesn't make your lashes look BIG like the name suggests. If you like keeping your look natural, I recommend it. If you like the dramatic look; I do not.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Ambly123

This is nice and a basic type of mascara. Sure, it does not live up to it's claims but what mascara does? If you have already long lashes you are going to like this but if have short ones you need to look into something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by prettyLady11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with mascara! And this one I really like. I have tried many of all different brands and prices. This is one of the ones that i though worked really well. Not only that , but it is priced well! I always apply many coats and this mascara, i noticed, didnt weigh my lashes down like others,.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by tequilaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good mascara for $4. A little too wet at first but after a couple days it went on great and gave me a lot of length and deep black color, not so much volume though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was dirt cheap on sale at Walmart for 4 dollars. It is very buildable but it does not hold a curl well. Even though the price was great, I would not buy this again because it smudged like crazy on me. Maybe the waterproof version would be better. If your eyes are slightly watery or slightly oily, don't buy this. You will regret it when you look in the mirror an hour later.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Dre5

This mascara doesn't really give my lashes any length. It also takes several coats to darken. On the bright side it didn't clump at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jedi_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I strongly believe you can buy a fantastic mascara from a drug store. No need to get the fancy department store kind. Mascara is not one of those things that you need to match a shade for or worry about clogged pores, its really just about formulation and texture etc. So why shouldn't a drug store mascara brand have the formulation of ingredients you need for volume and lengthening, shouldn't be that hard right?

Well, although other drug store mascaras DO have good formulations, but this one was a bust. I've tried Great Lash before and was disappointed, but it had been a long time so I wanted to try again. And yes, again, I am disappointed.

I went with 'Big' just because I thought it might be interesting to see how it performs. The application in the morning was slightly clumpy but not horrible. I noticed some decent volume so I was hopeful. But by lunch time the mascara has smudged and this was after ONLY putting it on my top lashes.

A mascara that smudges is not acceptable - yes I have oily skin and eye lids but I need to know that when I walk into a meeting at work I can rely on my makeup not being halfway down my face, I can't always be checking my makeup in the bathroom. This goes in the trash because $4 is not worth the hassle of returning it.

I expect reasonable performance out of my makeup products and this did not make the cut. I do not recommend this product.