July 28, 2014 | 1203 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Mekong

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kyliegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You really do not need this product if you have Cordura. I bought this (after owning Cordura) because I thought it would be a warmer deep brown than the dark shade of Cordura. Not so much. I swatched them side by side - they are nearly identical - this a hair darker. Seriously, same shade - just a hair darker

This was harder to apply. Cordura is buildable which is needed for something this dark. Plus, with Cordura you get the other warmish brown shade which rocks. I returned this to Sephora.

I really hoped this was a super dark, rich warm brown like it appears in the pan. Instead, it's an almost black grey.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by oneofmylies99

I'm very disappointed with this shadow. It's a gorgeous espresso color loaded with gold microglitter in pan. However, it doesn't translate nicely on my skin. Despite the fact that it's very pigmented and easily blended, it seems to lose a lot of the brown as you blend it in and turns somewhat cooler, and the soft-black tones become more apparent. It has a bit of a soft dusty texture to it. When packed on, the color is similar to how it appears in pan but that gorgeousness is short lived as the cool-charcoal/soft-black tones eventually show through even over TFSI or UDPP. That's another thing - this requires an eye primer. Otherwise, it fades almost instantly. I'm keeping it around as an eyeliner - a softer alternative to black. If I were to use this up or lose it, I would not replace it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

Nope, not for me. I swatched it in a Sephora store where it looked to be an amazing dark brown with reddish-gold glitter. "What a great liner shade that would make," I thought. But alas, once ordered and tested on my eyes it only looks black. I truly do not need another black shadow or eyeliner. That being said, it seemed like the quality was wonderful; very, very smooth and exTREmely pigmented. I wish this had worked for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Now my very favorite brown eyeliner... way better than the MAC or BB gels for depth and vividness. If I ever want a super deep smokey brown eye I'll use this but for now it's a sultry, exotic eyeliner. Looks great with the Indian Summer duo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by hooked

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I disagree that this looks black. It is definitely an espresso brown, the look of deep Colombian coffee after you've freshly ground it, except it sparkles. I apply it with my finger tip, as an amorphous smudge on the upper lid. Along with mascara, it defines my eyes without the heaviness and obviousness that a manicured, groomed application would impart. It's like a stain for your eyes, adding a chiaroscuro effect, along the same line that Nars' Pampa lipstain does for lips. Basically, it's a neutral and looks great with nude or slightly blushed lips and cheeks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is really just a black with shimmer and glitter added to it and that is what you see when you open it but it really goes on black. It is also very messy and almost powdery so it is hard to keep it off your cheeks. Don't love it -- don't even like it -- back it goes. NARS has some great shadows but stay away from the black based ones -- they are deadly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by sarahharb

Wow! That's some deeeeep brown! On me it is a cool ashy brown with bronzy shimmer. Not for everyday except as a liner. Definitely hard to dupe....it is very original. will be a gorgeous smoky eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Milena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! Mekong is a intensely pigmented espresso (black-brown) colored shadow with heavy gold shimmer. This makes a killer smokey eye, but it also looks amazing as a liner, smudged along the lashline either wet or dry. I won't need to buy this again, but if I had to I definately would :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by mascaraluvin

I LOVE this color as an eyeliner on my lashline. I bought this originally to use as a liner on my lashline to eccentuate my lashes. It is gorgeous. It is a dark almost black brown with cute glitters in it. The quality of this is amazing and the staying power is great. It can also be used all over the lid but I would rather save that for a night out dancing. It's a very lovely color and I don't think an eyeshadow like this can be easily duped. Check this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by mchan777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Mekong is basically Fall 2009 in a compact. This was the only color that really jumped out at me on the NARS Fall 2009 line- besides that one gorgeous deep plum lipstick. It is an out of this world freaking gorgeous blackish deep brown with a hint of gold reflects in it. Very unique. The color pay off is incredible and it blends with ease. The color is very buildable too and looks amazing as an all over color, or can be used to smoke out any look. IMO, it flatters all skin tones.It lasts all day and stays in place.
It is pricey, but i imagine that it will last me a long time and it is so versatile. This would even make a gorgeous eye liner. I seriously have never been so in love with an eye shadow before! :)