Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (1.0%)(Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Sucrose Laurate, Salix Nigra Bark Extract (Willow), Coco Betaine, Betaine, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract (Beet), Oenothera Biennis Leaf Extract (Evening Primrose), Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Glycerin, Glyceryl Oleate, Coco Glucoside, Fragrance, Glucose, Alcohol Denat., Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol

I bought this thinking it would be good for my face since i have acne and acne scarring as well. The first week my face broke out so much ! So i thought, it was just working, the salycic acid bringing out all the scum in my face. Well after months of using it, i never got the pay off, $17.00 for this cleanser that just broke me out. Waste of money

Used this cleanser for about a year and used it up...

-I personally like gel cleansers, not much foam with this cleanser. *You'll want to get a piece of tulle and then make bubbles from that and use the bubbles on your face if you want foam.

-Helped my acne only a little bit, but I still got blackheads and it didn't help with hyperpigmentation or redness at all. But it didn't make my acne worse.

-Removes light makeup. I used Olay spf 15 lotion and it took it off, and also my light eye makeup.

-Awesome natural ingredients. Smells great.

-Left my skin ever so slightly dry.

-Kind of expensive for 5oz, but it lasts a long time if you stretch it. It's pretty concentrated, so you really don't have to use a whole lot.

-Packaging can get a bit sticky and messy overtime.

Overall, gentle and pretty good. I like the cleanser, but would not buy again because I've moved on to another cleanser that I like better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have been using this with the Sensitive Skin Lotion for about 2 weeks now and my breakouts seem to have gotten worse and my skin is extremely oily just 15 minutes after the lotion. I had a feeling based on what I know about acne products that it was this and was drying out my skin causing it to be much more oily.
Last night and today I used a travel sized Soapbark and Chamomile until I can go return this and my skin hasnt felt oily at all, still using the same lotion so now I know it is definitely the cleanser. Which bums me out, I was hoping it would work. Oh well on to the next BB cleanser attempt - probably gonna try the Soapbark one for a while.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty good cleanser, I used it for a couple of months and then just stopped for reasons I can't remember - (I went back to my trusted Murad cleanser.) I appreciate the fact that it is made of natural ingredients (99.4% natural) and I quite like the scent. I used it in conjunction with the Burt's Bees spot treatment and the two were effective. My dispenser got pretty sticky and even hard to open because the cleanser is stuck all around the rim. It did leave a film residue over my skin so I needed to follow up with another cleanser or simply move on to my ACV toner. I would not repurchase, and I don't even know what made me stray from my HG Murad cleanser.

For the month I've been using this, it has not made me have any breakouts. It leaves my skin hydrated but not oily. That being said, it has a strong (pleasent) smell that gives me a headache sometimes, and when I wash it off it feels like it leaves a film on my face that my toner and moisturizer can't shake off. I like it but I think theres something better for me. Ps. It foams up nicely and you don't need a lot to get far.

I'm a big fan of burt's bees acne scrub and acne lotion, but not this cleanser. I have almost clear skin, just an occasional blemish. I've been using it for a few weeks cuz it hasn't done anything terrible, but I'm moving on now. My main complaint is that every time I use it my skin feels dry and tight which I believe is no good for skin. Also, ever since using this I've noticed my skin is itchy. Not from dryness cuz I moisturize, but just like an allergic itch. I'm pretty darn sure it's this cleanser cuz someone else mentioned hives, and someone else mentioned itching. So yeah, no more for me. Too expensive to not be amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

If you think this is breaking you out- YOU ARE RIGHT. Had one or two little bumps. Switched from Royal jelly Radiance Cleaner cause my daughter got prescriptions and she had this leftover in the house, and wow= this stuff broke me out EVERYWHERE with zits Ive never had in places Ive never had em. I use a Clarisonic and keep it disinfected. I will be returning to the Burts bee's Soap Bark and Chamomile cream I have left over, what a shame I am broken out worse than a teenager and yet so dry, I hate this stuff!

Ugh, this so did NOT work for me. In the beggining of this year I had black heads on my forehead and was getting a new pimple every other week. I used this stuff EVERYDAY. Heck, once I ran out of the first bottek I bough another one.

Didn't clear up a thing.

Luckily I switched to Acne Free. Much better.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just started using this product about a month ago in conjunction with "the regimen" (http://www.acne.org/regimen.html) - I wash in the AM and PM and apply Neutrogena "on the spot" benzoyl peroxide treatment (http://www.neutrogena.com/product/on-the-spot-+acne+treatment.do?sortby=ourPicks) according to the instructions for "the regimen". It does seem to be working pretty well. I definitely have a decrease in blemishes all around and the scars that were there are healing and fading away. I'm not sure how the Burt's Bees product would work on it's own. Probably not that well for me as I had previously been using Neutrogena's salicylic acne treatment and it really didn't help too much. For a while my skin began to clear but it didn't last.
I travel a lot and a big negative I have for this product is it's packaging. Totally leaks like crazy. No matter how tight you screw the lid on, even taping down the pop top, it still leaks and I end up losing a lot of product to my ziploc bag.
All in all a good alternative to using other chemically derived salicylic acne treatments.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have combination skin. I have a very oily/shiny forehead, nose, upper lip, and chin. I've been getting interested in natural/organic foods and figured hey why not try natural/organic skin products? I did a lot of research on the web, going on forums and various websites. I found that this Burt's Bee's cleanser had the highest reviews. So, I bought it and gave it a try. I seen a decrease in my oiliness and adult acne. I was very satisfied. It really does work!