September 19, 2014 | 1871 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - tria - Laser Hair Removal System

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

I LOVE MY TRIA. i swear to God i have tried everything under the sun for hair removal. im middle eastern and hair issues are a big deal...i had almost given up until my mom suggested the tria. i tried it and loved it. yes, it does take a lot of time/work/effort to do it and keep up w. it, but in my opinion its worth it bc of the results. i use it on my face because im pretty sure now its approved to use on face in the newer model. the customer service of tria is great too, i had one that ended up breaking and they replaced it promptly bc it was under warranty. try it to see if you like it. i recommend.
PS: i have also had laser hair removal in the past--it worked for about a few months to maybe a year, but i was not satisfied. it did not kill all my hair. using this tria regularly (keyword: regularly!) has made so much more of a difference. Everyone, please make sure you are keeping up with your treatments because it will NOT work if you dont do it regularly. other than that, if you're desperate like me and are not satisfied with temporary results, even if means paying for expensive laser removal with minimal results, the tria has been a godsend. i have used it on my legs and thighs and my face before. i cannot use tolerate it on my bikini line and definitely not under my arms. which is a shame because i really wanted to do treatments on my underarms. my face was a huge problem with hair overgrowth, so that alone being reduced by at least 75% in growth has been worth it to me!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Abg1006

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

QUESTION: Anyone used TRIA for facial hair removal? I know it is not intended, but I want to try. How does it unlock so it can be used on the face?

Please email me at Allison_o@ymail.com

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by kkostera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I waited a long time to buy it. I bought it from QVC $395...at 3 or so payments. I had gotten professional removal 3 or more years ago on my upper lip, chin area. I know its not meant for the face but i have a fews strays I want to try getting. Also my under arms, bikini and thes few hairs on my feet. I have only used it twice so my rview is not complete. But the price... if you add the cost of razors etc. waxing and the inconvenience its so worth it. Look on QVC for payments or free shipping. Its very easy, almost foolproof. I look forward to using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by rachelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am pretty happy with the Tria. I purchased mine 11 months ago for $495 and have been using it every two weeks or so. I use it on my underarms, bikini, lower legs and my upper lip (you're not supposed to use it on your face but I did anyway). I've had laser hair removal on all the same areas which was expensive and as time passed the hair grew back. I knew the hair would return which is why I invested in the Tria.

I watched the "how-to" videos on the Tria site and follow the directions pretty much to the letter. My hair growth has reduced greatly. I still shave but it's once a week to catch the hair that's still growing. I think the key to being happy with this product is in your expectations. My hair is thick and dark, great for my head, not so much for anywhere else. I knew the hair would come back eventually and using the Tria is a way to control the hair growth. Thinning the herd so to speak. ;) It has done exactly that which is why I'm happy with it. I use it to control my hair growth rather than eliminate it. Perhaps as I continue using the Tria I will eventually be hairless but I'm also happy with having much less hair.

I gave it a four for the overall rating because the head is small and if you don't follow the directions it won't work as well. This isn't a product for the lazy. Price was a four because compared to professional laser treatments this is much less expensive. If you are good about following directions and have the patience to keep using the Tria I think the it will work for you. If you don't want to make the commitment, it's probably better to go for the professional treatments.

One note: My Tria just kicked the bucket. The battery died within my one-year warranty. I called customer service and it was very easy to get a replacement. They will pay for the shipping with FedEx which is nice.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by hollymer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought the new tria for 395 and have used it every week for a month. supposed to do every two weeks but i just cant help but use it. the legs are somewhat random because there is so much area it is kind of daunting and my leg hairs are not too concerning for me. but armpits are number one and i have not had to shave as much! woo hoo! i usually have one ingrown in the middle and my hairs are so coarse but no more! it is so exciting it makes me want to laser more often to get it completely gone faster. bikini area is going along also- less shaving however i lowered my level down there due to pain so its not as fast going. but i love it and would reccomend it for sure. i read a lot about it for months before i decided to buy it and it just happened that the new tria came out and price went down so i was very happy. but there are a lot of negative reviews out there so i was reticent to buy and get ripped off. pleasantly surprised!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by DebraSheldon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After 9 months or so, I'd say this is a pretty good product.

First, I'm using it to touch up the professional lasering I've had in the past, by shaving the hairs on my lower legs then immediately lasering that exact area. It seems it would take a lot of patience to do this from scratch, without any previous professional work...

Secondly, I also have broken the rules and have lasered my face: chin, upper lip, occasional cheek hair. It seems to be fairly effective, certainly I believe all the big fat black hairs are gone.

Next I am doing heaving lasering on my armpits and upper thighs, two areas that had very minimal professional lasering. I was having no luck in my armpits following the suggestions for timing so I began lasering twice a week immediately after shaving. That seems to have made a big impact, and I plan on continuing with it. The upper legs are difficult because the head of the Tria is so small, and there's a lot of real estate from knees to crotch. But I'm forging ahead, and I can see it's made a big impact. (Shaving the backs of my thighs have always caused little bumps to show up, so shaving less is wonderful!)

I've eliminated the hair on the tops of my toes and feet, and I've made a big dent in those pesky black hairs that grow around my breasts and down my belly (hormonal, I'm 54).

I paid $495 at Nordstrom (I'm a Nordies girl) and about 2-3 months ago, the fan quit and the laser would do ONE "beep" then shut down. I called Tria and they cheerfully and promptly replaced it. Great customer service, despite what I've read here....

There's a new Tria out there now, it's less money and supposedly more effective. Would I recommend this for my best friend? You betcha!!

OK, update 4/17/13.... I broke down and had a professional series of laser on my entire legs, and use this to clean up the random hairs that still show up, that is the best use for this. I still have little to no success on my armpits.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by mlin00

I wish i bought the newer product. It's faster and charges more easily, they also gaurantee you will see a difference. I bought my tria a few months shy of the newer product release. I've had it for about 5 months and feel it's okay for me to write a review.

I am really hairy. .Yes ill say.it Ihave to shave twice during summer time, and i get crazy ingrown hairs so I dread hot weather. I have fine black hairs all over my body, and im a light medium skin shade. When I bought the tria you better believe I was more than thrilled, I knew by reading all the other reviews it would be a whole day thing. So I didn't notice any results until the 4th treatment, then I grew impatient and have been lasering myself sporadically every week. I now see improvement. My arm, and leg hairs are more fine and have been growing at a slower rate. I still have ingrowns on my legs, but bought this ingrown hair treatment for men, and it's been working quite well.

Initally I was afraid to use the tria on my face, but I was so desperate that I didn't care. I have to say its the best thing ever, my face is alot more smoother and the hairs are growing out more fine, but DO NOT PLUCK...I know it's very very tempting esp when you see a stray hair growing but just dont do it. It will grow back in a regular cycle as if
you haven't lasered.

The level systems I've been using for my legs, arms/pits, face and stomach are at level 5. The pits hurt alot, just think to yourself (short term pain, long term pleasure), The bikini area is the most painful thing, I could only handle it at level 3, but honestly I think I might get that professionally lasered.

All in all, I think the tria is worth the amount, esp with the newer product out it's cheaper and more efficient, and you can do it at your own convenience. Yes it might be a bitch to do on your own especially if your lazy, but if you are desperate like me to get rid of unwanted body hair you and I both know you will do what you gotta do.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by leeleek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only used my Tria once so far, so I am only reviewing my initial experience, not overall effectiveness. I have the newest version with a longer lasting and quick charging battery. On highest setting, level 5, I completed ankle to knee on one leg on one charge. Another charge for other leg, and a third charge for underarms and entire bikini area (full monty). I could only tolerate level 3 for underarms and bikini, but plan to suffer through level 4 for next treatment session.
The pain is very tolerable, feels like intense heat while the laser is doing its thing, and immediately subsides. Did not feel at all like a rubber band snap, and was grateful for that. My skin was warm to the touch after treatment. I have read some recommend doing while watching TV; impossible when you're trying to keep track of where you've lasered, but it went quickly and easily.
Started first section in late afternoon, then set Tria to recharge while I did other stuff, and lasered again when charged. Didn't feel like an all day chore, but helped that I was busy around the house anyway.
Can't wait for 2 weeks to pass for 2nd treatment- anxious to see results.
BTW- new version has 3 month money back guarantee, so if I don't see results by then, I can return for full refund.
I'll update when I've done a few more treatments, and can (hopefully) report good results.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by beautywise

It is really nice to read all of these reviews on the Tria Laser and so helpful. For those who posted on here that you will update on your progress, let me know how you are doing now and if you are seeing results. I just found out about this Tria Laser from the infomercial and it is expensive. I do want to use it on the face.
I wonder if anyone would be interested in sharing their laser or if I buy one to go in half with someone or 3 ways? Being we use it every other week, that can be possible. This is just a thought. Let me know if interested and those of you who posted please let me know how the results are looking.
Does the area get red after the treatment and is the face really red afterwards and for how long, for those that are using it on the face?
The woman who had the problems with customer service. Thank you for posting that. Very helpful.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

Ok so this is only a preliminary review. I have only used this for one month so I don't know if it's effective, but I will update as I continue using.
I have noticed that this is very painful compared to laser hair done at the dr's or a salon. I had professional laser hair removal done on my face with fantastic results. It took 4 treatments to have a 90% reduction. But, over the course of three years and plucking, the hair all grew back. Lesson learned. DO NOT pluck after having laser hair. Either get touch ups or shave. It will cause regrowth as I believe plucking stimulates hair to grow, especially on the face.
Anyway, I wanted to use this on my face and figured that having laser on my whole body would be an exciting bonus. I was not expecting however that when you zap the hair, it doesn't shed within the next few days like with professional laser treatments. There's no way of knowing if it's doing anything. I have never shaved my face and have been doing just that in hopes of this device working.
The amount of time this takes is also exhausting. I found that my device holds a charge for only a half hour. Enough time to do my face and underarms, which is all I have been doing so far. I tried my bikini area and it was super painful, even on a level one (I have very coarse, thick dense black hair, that is never smooth when I shave and I can't shave against the hair because the irritation is so terrible) I can only use on a level 3 on my underarms and even that is still pretty painful (again, very thick dark coarse underarm hair that when shaved is still visible) I have the ideal skin and hair type for this device so I am hoping that this will work for me. I imagine that the pain is a good indication that it will work since my hair is so thick and dark. I am able to tolerate a high setting on the face in some areas where the hair isn't so thick.
On a level five, it feels like I'm literally burning my self. Not just a quick snap or prick, but like an actual burn. There is no resulting burn, but I wanted to give those out there a sense of how painful this is if your hair is as thick as mine.
Again, I had professional treatments which weren't nearly as painful.
Also, I tolerate waxing just fine and plucking my hairs without any problems. So my pain tolerance is medium to high. So if you can't take pain, I would def. not recommend this device at all. I literally wanted to cry when I used it down you know where. I will be using numbing cream if and when I decided to do the bikini area again. But, I want to see if this actually works before I invest that kind of time and pain.
Update: So I was frustrated today about leaving hair on my face for the whole world to see that I decided I couldn't take it anymore and started plucking the hair, only to discover that the hairs were just falling right out!! And, there was less hair than a few days ago. (I'm assuming it's because hair fell out!) I was so excited and happy that this happened since I almost gave up on the process!! To actually see results was truly amazing!! Now, I know it's still early, but I am very hopeful that this is going to work better than expected (except for the discomfort). I've also been using the device every week just in case.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No