tria Laser Hair Removal System

3.6

on 11/13/2011 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

OUCH! I thought I had a high pain tolerance, as I get full Brazilian bikini waxes every month with NO problem whatsoever, but I couldn't manage to use the Tria on higher than level 1! I have extremely thick, dark hair, and medium olive skin (not pale, but I was still within the acceptable range for using the Tria). I used the Tria on my arms, legs, stomach, and armpits, all at the lowest level possible. On my armpits, I applied topical benzocaine to numb the skin, and I also numbed the skin with ice cubes, and the pain was still so awful. I somehow managed to use it 3 times, once a week for three weeks, and didn't see a change in growth. I decided I couldn't manage the pain in the long run, and didn't want to have to use it every 2 weeks for the next few months. I returned it promptly. Just thinking about the Tria makes me shudder. Oh, the pain... I even asked my boyfriend to help me, thinking it would hurt less if he did it. It did hurt a tiny, tiny bit less, but he refused to continue helping me because he felt like he was torturing me.

I'm just not tolerant to this type of pain. I'm super bummed though because I had high hopes for not having to shave ever again.

If you think you might return it, don't buy from Amazon! I paid $395.00 on Amazon, and they charged an $80 restocking fee for returning it. (I ended up arguing with them for a while, and they refunded the $80 too, but it was a major hassle.)

on 10/31/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the new Tria from their website for $400 plus shipping. I've used it basically everywhere on my body. I have natural medium brown hair with white skin so it is supposed to work perfect for me. I've used it so far 4 times over my entire body (of course you have to charge it between sessions) and I notice a HUGE difference. My hair is growing back in patches - some of it isn't even growing back. I used to shave my arms everyday - and now I only need to shave them once a week. The hair is much thinner and softer I cannot wait to keep using it.

It does hurt though!!! I use level 5 on my arms, level 3 on my armpits, legs, and level 4 on my bikini line. It hurts the most on my legs - especially right on the shin. I hate doing my legs so much bc it hurts. But everywhere else is fine.
It is supposed to have enough charge to do a man's entire body and then a little bit more before it "dies" and you need to buy a new one. However, if you do it right, you shouldn't even have to buy a new one bc you'll be hair free by the time it dies.
Everyone seems to complain about having to re-charge it. I don't know why bc you get so bored of doing it that you want the thing to die so you can stop! haha
It only takes 2 hours to fully charge again. I can do my entire body in one day. but it's much too boring.
It is expensive, but if that means that after 8 months of treatment I'll be hair free then I don't care!!
I would highly recommend it to people. You just have to make sure you do your treatments every 2 weeks like it says, otherwise you will not see results.

I give it a 5/5 overall rating.

on 10/3/2011 5:18:00 PM

Seriously be carfeul before you buy this. I would have given this a 4 stars but the battery would eventually reduced to last only a few seonds each charging snd i called them and there's nothing they can do after 1 year warranty. Apparently the CS says its common problem. How could anyone charge that $500 tag for something like that and fail the mention that the product is 'kind of' disposable???
Really dont waste you money just like i did.:(
Because the result doesnt last long and the hair grows back.

on 9/16/2011 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have had a great experience so far with the Tria! I received it three weeks ago. I have olive skin and dark hair. I use it once a week and my hair is already starting to fall out. Best beauty product ever!

on 8/12/2011 1:54:00 PM

I LOVE MY TRIA. i swear to God i have tried everything under the sun for hair removal. im middle eastern and hair issues are a big deal...i had almost given up until my mom suggested the tria. i tried it and loved it. yes, it does take a lot of time/work/effort to do it and keep up w. it, but in my opinion its worth it bc of the results. i use it on my face because im pretty sure now its approved to use on face in the newer model. the customer service of tria is great too, i had one that ended up breaking and they replaced it promptly bc it was under warranty. try it to see if you like it. i recommend.
PS: i have also had laser hair removal in the past--it worked for about a few months to maybe a year, but i was not satisfied. it did not kill all my hair. using this tria regularly (keyword: regularly!) has made so much more of a difference. Everyone, please make sure you are keeping up with your treatments because it will NOT work if you dont do it regularly. other than that, if you're desperate like me and are not satisfied with temporary results, even if means paying for expensive laser removal with minimal results, the tria has been a godsend. i have used it on my legs and thighs and my face before. i cannot use tolerate it on my bikini line and definitely not under my arms. which is a shame because i really wanted to do treatments on my underarms. my face was a huge problem with hair overgrowth, so that alone being reduced by at least 75% in growth has been worth it to me!!

on 7/14/2011 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

QUESTION: Anyone used TRIA for facial hair removal? I know it is not intended, but I want to try. How does it unlock so it can be used on the face?

Please email me at Allison_o@ymail.com

on 6/14/2011 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I waited a long time to buy it. I bought it from QVC $395...at 3 or so payments. I had gotten professional removal 3 or more years ago on my upper lip, chin area. I know its not meant for the face but i have a fews strays I want to try getting. Also my under arms, bikini and thes few hairs on my feet. I have only used it twice so my rview is not complete. But the price... if you add the cost of razors etc. waxing and the inconvenience its so worth it. Look on QVC for payments or free shipping. Its very easy, almost foolproof. I look forward to using it.

on 6/6/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am pretty happy with the Tria. I purchased mine 11 months ago for $495 and have been using it every two weeks or so. I use it on my underarms, bikini, lower legs and my upper lip (you're not supposed to use it on your face but I did anyway). I've had laser hair removal on all the same areas which was expensive and as time passed the hair grew back. I knew the hair would return which is why I invested in the Tria.

I watched the "how-to" videos on the Tria site and follow the directions pretty much to the letter. My hair growth has reduced greatly. I still shave but it's once a week to catch the hair that's still growing. I think the key to being happy with this product is in your expectations. My hair is thick and dark, great for my head, not so much for anywhere else. I knew the hair would come back eventually and using the Tria is a way to control the hair growth. Thinning the herd so to speak. ;) It has done exactly that which is why I'm happy with it. I use it to control my hair growth rather than eliminate it. Perhaps as I continue using the Tria I will eventually be hairless but I'm also happy with having much less hair.

I gave it a four for the overall rating because the head is small and if you don't follow the directions it won't work as well. This isn't a product for the lazy. Price was a four because compared to professional laser treatments this is much less expensive. If you are good about following directions and have the patience to keep using the Tria I think the it will work for you. If you don't want to make the commitment, it's probably better to go for the professional treatments.

One note: My Tria just kicked the bucket. The battery died within my one-year warranty. I called customer service and it was very easy to get a replacement. They will pay for the shipping with FedEx which is nice.

on 5/18/2011 11:19:00 AM

i bought the new tria for 395 and have used it every week for a month. supposed to do every two weeks but i just cant help but use it. the legs are somewhat random because there is so much area it is kind of daunting and my leg hairs are not too concerning for me. but armpits are number one and i have not had to shave as much! woo hoo! i usually have one ingrown in the middle and my hairs are so coarse but no more! it is so exciting it makes me want to laser more often to get it completely gone faster. bikini area is going along also- less shaving however i lowered my level down there due to pain so its not as fast going. but i love it and would reccomend it for sure. i read a lot about it for months before i decided to buy it and it just happened that the new tria came out and price went down so i was very happy. but there are a lot of negative reviews out there so i was reticent to buy and get ripped off. pleasantly surprised!

on 5/13/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After 9 months or so, I'd say this is a pretty good product.

First, I'm using it to touch up the professional lasering I've had in the past, by shaving the hairs on my lower legs then immediately lasering that exact area. It seems it would take a lot of patience to do this from scratch, without any previous professional work...

Secondly, I also have broken the rules and have lasered my face: chin, upper lip, occasional cheek hair. It seems to be fairly effective, certainly I believe all the big fat black hairs are gone.

Next I am doing heaving lasering on my armpits and upper thighs, two areas that had very minimal professional lasering. I was having no luck in my armpits following the suggestions for timing so I began lasering twice a week immediately after shaving. That seems to have made a big impact, and I plan on continuing with it. The upper legs are difficult because the head of the Tria is so small, and there's a lot of real estate from knees to crotch. But I'm forging ahead, and I can see it's made a big impact. (Shaving the backs of my thighs have always caused little bumps to show up, so shaving less is wonderful!)

I've eliminated the hair on the tops of my toes and feet, and I've made a big dent in those pesky black hairs that grow around my breasts and down my belly (hormonal, I'm 54).

I paid $495 at Nordstrom (I'm a Nordies girl) and about 2-3 months ago, the fan quit and the laser would do ONE "beep" then shut down. I called Tria and they cheerfully and promptly replaced it. Great customer service, despite what I've read here....

There's a new Tria out there now, it's less money and supposedly more effective. Would I recommend this for my best friend? You betcha!!

OK, update 4/17/13.... I broke down and had a professional series of laser on my entire legs, and use this to clean up the random hairs that still show up, that is the best use for this. I still have little to no success on my armpits.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools