July 28, 2014 | 2054 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Blemish Balm Cream (black label)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OH MAH GOD. This stuff is pretty damn wonderful. I am VERY picky about my foundation, and here is what I look for in a good one:

- light/medium coverage (full coverage is gross)
- dewy finish without being greasy ( matte is also gross)
- will even out my skin without looking caked on (cake face is gross)
- long lasting (because touch ups are annoying)
- WON'T BREAK ME OUT

This, does all of that.

It is not cheap at almost 40 USD but you get more than an ounce of product in a cool black container WITH A PUMP.

UPDATE: No, just no. I wore this for about a week straight and at the beginning of the week my skin was almost completely clear and free of any active blemishes. It's now a week later and after wearing this for that many days my skin has FREAKED OUT. This product has caused breakouts in small,painful clumps all over my face and I look like I rubbed my face in a poison ivy plant. Not okay. Returned it. Never, EVER again.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first ever BB cream and I LOVE it!! My skin has been breaking out so horribly for a few years now. I think it's hormonal but maybe its also from trying so many different products to try to clear it up, or cover it up... I got this about a week ago and have been using it every day. My skin is now 95% clear and my scars are lightening significantly!

I had done a lot of research on BB creams and I saw a few I wanted to try out on amazon for pretty cheap. this one was at the top of my list and I knew that Sephora carried it. It is more expensive at sephora than it is on amazon. but the impulsive person that I am, I wanted it NOW, I did not want to wait for it to ship from Korea. Plus I figured it would be better to pay more and be able to return it in case it didn't work out. I think it was around $35. I've seen it online for about $26... so when I go to repurchase this, I will be ordering it online instead!

The product itself: It actually has really good coverage while still looking natural. I do still use some concealer as well as powder foundation on top, but everything together looks so much more natural and my skin looks so much healthier than it did when I was using a full coverage foundation + concealer. Now normally sunscreens break me out, but this is not breaking me out at all!

All in all, this is an amazing product and I love it. will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Umthisisawkward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me say that this is my HG. I have mild to moderate acne and I had recently broken out pretty badly. I read some reviews on this and decided to purchase it and try this product. It was the best $37 I ever spent. In 2 days of using it my skin was almost clear and in a week with a few sweat bumps here and there my skin was 98% flawless. This bb cream has full coverage and doesn't feel too cakey or heavy. Its good for people with pink undertones because it tends to look chalky on people with yellow undertones ( my sister is yellow undertoned and she looked ghostly with this on). Dr.Jart makes an amazing bb cream I must say. I wear this with Nuetrogena Skin Clearing Pressed powder and some concealer for under my eyes and thats it. My skin looks flawless. I must say though that if you have oily skin (I do sometimes from the weather) this may feel very icky. But try this, seriously.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far, so good. I was about to re-purchase Cle de Peau's creme compact foundation at Saks, and decided to stop into Sephora beforehand. They had a little "BB Creme" display and the black label Blemish Balm from Dr Jart caught my eye. I smoothed a little on at the store and was very pleased with both the color and how my skin looked with it on - not greasy, not matte. I'm now three days into using it, and the coverage is so good, I don't even feel the need for my usual Cle de Peau stick concealer. Another plus? It feels really comfortable on the skin. Here's hoping it stays a winner for me, as I can buy 2.5 tubes for the price of one CdP Creme foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Leila03

So far, this is the best foundation I have found for my skin. Most foundations break me out, or are to sheer,or to heavy. This BB cream has the perfect amount of coverage, does not feel like I am wearing a mask, and does not break me out at all. Yay!!! I have been wearing it for about a month, so I feel confident in reviewing it. It does have a grey/pink tone to it, but it literally melts into your skin and I doesn't make me look pink at all. Granted, I do have neutral undertones. Packaging is great, and for the amount of product you get for the price, I am quite pleased. Will definitely repurchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by selenajade

SERIOUS EDIT AT BOTTOM PLEASE READ-----

I researched a lot on this BB cream because I was looking for something that had SPF, anti aging (even though I'm 14), and maybe a little something to help with acne only because I do break out at that "special time" of the month-_- This had it all and more!!! I was so happy when I got it 3 days ago. I had washed my old makeup off and pput a thin layer of this on because I reaalllly wanted to try it. I LOVE the packaging tooo!!! So it has medium coverage nd covered up the slightredness on my cheeks and it has a kind of matte finish, but not a dull one at all. When I went downstairs to feed my kitty<3 my mom even commented that I looked really pretty and I hadnt been wearing anything but the BB cream!!! Its the third day now and my friends even say my skin looks great!:) and its not cakey so great for school:D i got this for 36 dollars at sephora which i think is a bit less than the price on the Dr. Jart website. Even though it is a little expensive you get 1 and a half ounces which is more than the usuall foundation/BBcream and you only need to use VERY LITTLE. for me i use 2 pee sized amounts because it spreads and blends beautifully.FAVORITE NEW PRODUCT

EDIT READ THIS; after two days of using this I had a SERIOUS breakout all over my face and ive only had 1-3 pimples on my face at most. my skin had never done that before. AND that night my face started to get these new bumps I had never seen I had to go to the hospital and take pills for two weeks to get rid of everything. thank god it was summer or I would have died at school. DO NOT BUY THIS :( PLEASSEEEE

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by shumowmow

Because of it's pink understone is not very friendly on people with yellow understone, this BB cream is not very popular in Asia. In Hong Kong, China and Japen, they sell Water Fuse, V7, Primium and Renewalist which all gear towards neutral or yellow skin tone. So, I'd like to agree with a previous review that black label is more for white people :-)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

background:
i am an NC25-NC30. i have sensitive, hormonal cystic acne prone skin, oily t-zone and dry cheeks. some hyper pigmentation on cheeks. when i get upset my cheeks get red and stay red for the day and even until the next day sometimes.

I've been clear for 3mos and decided i didn't need to use much makeup anymore. i tried water fuse and premium. i bought water fuse without trying this one bc it wasn't available. when it became available i tried it for a week (indoors) and it went on flawlessly, my skin looked and felt like velvet! it was matte and healthy looking, no oil all day, excellent coverage i didn't even need concealer, and it helped a few blemishes that were starting up. i loved it!! and i decided to go back to sephora and trade my water fuse for the black label....

BUT THEN... i got in the car and looked in the mirror and saw my face in the natural light and i was HORRIFIED!! i was PINK!! straight up pink! like i decided it would be fun to use a sheer pink blush all over my face instead of a beauty balm! omg... horrified!

i was already in the car, so i had to wipe it off with "say yes to cucumbers" wipes and immediately applied the water fuse! i was so upset my face stayed red! thankfully the water fuse covered up most of it.

note to self: ALWAYS check makeup in natural light! omg... *face palm*

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

love it! very good coverage, hasn't made me break out. covers so well i don't even bother with concealer. moisturizing, but kind of dries to a matte finish on my dry skin, reminds me A LOT of skin79 hot pink bb cream. it might be nary a shade lighter, not much. has a bit of a gray tone to it like skin79 bb creams, so if you dislike that, you'll dislike this stuff. however, as it's the only thing that makes my mediterranean skin look fantastic, i LOOOOVE it. if you like the color & texture of skin79 hot pink, but hate the bulky packaging, this is a way better alternative. it also lacks the triclosan in the skin79 products, so basically i've totally converted.

similar-ish in price, anyhow!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by pyzuo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried many foundations and BB creams on the market and this is my HG! It is very moisturizing in the winter time and creates a natrual glow on my face while effectively covers the acne marks. I put Benefit dandelion after applying this BB cream and I consistently got compliments.It is a little hard to buy from US but I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a BB cream that serves as a moisturizer-foundation-sunscreen all in 1.