March 2, 2015 | 996 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Blemish Balm Cream (black label)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by crock4596

Pros: short answer: Beautiful coverage, dewy finish, long lasting.
Long answer: I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to my foundation. I have tried everything from MUFE HV, Laura Mercier moisture supreme, Clinique acne solutions, MAC studio sculpt, NARS sheer glow and there are probably more I am forgetting. As you can see from the foundations I have listed, I prefer a radiant dewy finish. I have acne prone skin, and the bottom part of both sides of my face have bright red acne scars. I have also tried EVERYTHING to lighten my scars from neosporin, lemon juice, clinique even better clinical and garnier spot removal serum, and nothing has helped lighten my spots. I have dry patches in the spots that I have acne scars because I religiously apply acne spot treatments to my face every night which dries it out. My favorite foundation I have ever used was MUFE HD because I loved that it was able to cover my acne scars without being full overage or cakey. Within 2 weeks of using MUFE HD I started getting painful cystic acne which closely resembled the reaction I got when wearing Bare Minerals. Both of these products contain MICA, so I have decided to steer clear of anything that contains MICA in it. After returning my MUFE HD, I sampled literally every single foundation that sephora had to offer (besides TARTE because it also contains MICA) trying to find something that had the same finish as MUFE HD. To make a long story short, I spent 2 months trying to find a product that had a similar finish as MUFE and finally gave this a try because one of the sales girls at sephora wouldn't leave me alone about it (and Im glad she didn't). I took my sample home that night and applied it before going out to dinner. I immediately fell in love with the finish( my same reaction after first trying MUFE HD). Like I said before, I have bright red acne scars and this covers them in such a beautiful way that doesn't make it look like I used a lot of products to cover them up. I hate seeing girls that wear so much product on top of their acne, because to me, it just makes the spots on their face that theyre trying to conceal look even more noticeable. Obviously it doesnt cover them COMPLETELY but I would not feel self conscious wearing this product without concealer underneath because it covers them so well. When I go to work, I obviously use a concealer, because I work at MAC and Im under bright lights all day. I have been wearing this product for almost a week now and believe it or not my acne scars on the left side of my face have faded!! The right side with the acne has slightly faded but not as much because that side of my face tends to be more stubborn. Not only have my scars faded, but my face isn't as bumpy either. The girls who I work with, who are also make up artists, have said my face looks soooooo much better and they know about my struggles with foundations because I am always complaining to them about it. I have absolutely hated every bb cream I have ever tried because to me, it just looked like I was putting on a tinted moisturizer, and the reason i wear foundation in the first place is to hide my scars. This is the first bb cream i have ever liked because of the radiant finish and the amount of coverage it has without looking cakey or too "full coverage". I love that you can still see my actual skin underneath and that my face doesn't look like I'm wearing a mask. Also, although this has spf 25, it photographs well in pictures and doesn't give off a ghostly white cast. PLEASE try this. This is coming from an extremely picky mac make up artist who suffers with bright red acne scars and bumpy skin. I have seen such an improvement since wearing this.

cons: short answer: not enough shades.
long answer: This is better suited for girls with pink undertones( I have yellow, but still wear it) and it only comes in one color. It does adjust to your skin tone but I just wish there were more variety of color. In order to make it look like it blends into my neck completely, I blend in my 2nd favorite product (smash box studio 15 hr wear) into my neck OR ill wear my smashbox foundation on top when going to work for some extra coverage.

How I apply it: I blend it in with my hands

Oily girls: this has a dewy finish, if you want to use this, but want it to look more matte wear a setting powder

Dry girls: try this!!!

Acne prone: try this!!

Girls who need coverage/ want to even their skin tone: try this!! Your acne scars might fade like mine did

sorry for the long answers, I hope this helps someone!

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have combination, sensitive skin. I've used Dr. Jart's Premium and it was fine except for not controlling my oil at all. So, I tried this one. The sales girl said it would help control my oil. Nope. It also made me break out, something the Premium did not do. Neither has enough coverage to cover some hyperpigmentation on my face, so I'm off to find something else. Thank goodness the store I bought it at takes returns.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For those with dry, sensitive skin who are hesitant to try a BB cream, this is great stuff (ok, at least for me!). It instantly hides imperfections with a light coat and doesn't sting even in my eye area. I don't think the SPF is high enough to protect adequately with the amount of product most people will use, so if I will be outside, I apply over a physical spf 15 and have not had any issues with caking or balling up of product. The pump dispenser is awesome (although some will have issues with not being able to see how much is left or getting every drop of this expensive product out of the tube). Two pumps gives me flawless, natural looking skin without feeling heavy. This is the only BB cream that has suited my pale, neutral skin. It does have a pinker cast rather than a yellow one, but it perks up my skin. The finish is on the matte side, but in a very natural, non-kabuki manner. My skin looks smooth and is not shiny but not dull, either. By the end of 12 hours it does settle into my creases and pores, but I have dry skin and people standing a normal distance away do not notice it. It will accentuate flakes, but what doesn't? Applying moisturizer beforehand and smoothing this stuff on while my skin is still slightly dewy helps a lot. I have suffered no rashes or breakouts. Keep in mind it is NOT a tinted moisturizer-based formula as so many of the American BB creams seem to be, so expect good coverage and little moisture (although there are skin-beneficial ingredients). This is available in many Sephoras, so you can try before you buy. It is expensive but when something works so well, I think it's worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by snowpaum

I kept hearing how great Dr. Jart bb cream is, so I decided to give it a try. I was hesitant at first because of the expensive price, about $37 at sephora. When I went back to college this september, I used this bb cream regularly every 2 days or so. So far, this bb didn't really break me out. It doesn't mean that I have problematic skin; my skin is a little bit sensitive and pretty dry. So I don't know about people who have extremely sensitive&acne-prone skin and/or oily skin. I recommend you try it out first before you buy it. Since I have light Asian skin with pink undertone, this bb fit me perfectly!! :) When I applied this, it didn't feel cakey or fake at all !!! The texture is not too diluted or thick--it's in between. I believe it lasts more than 8 hours because I noticed a stain of bb on the cotton pad when I wiped my face with makeup remover before I washed my face. It also has SPF~ it's perfect for winter. One thing that draws me back is the price. It's way too expensive for a college student like me! I don't work during the academic year (my parents don't let me), so I basically don't have that much money. But despite so, I will probably buy this again! This huge bottle lasts a long~~~time for me since I wear it only like every 2-3 days :) I totally recommend buying this bb :D <3

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros
- none

Cons
- Greasy
- Accentuates rough spots
- After applying, it could see 'paint' strokes of it on my face. Did not look pretty

Good for
- people who have normal to dry skin who know how to handle oilier foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by PamelaLW

I got a sample of the silver Dr. Jart BB cream in either my Birchbox or MyGlam box last month and I used the entire sample (seriously, squeezing out as much as I could get...). So while I was in Sephora yesterday, I decided to get a full size of the magical potion. Well...I couldn't find the one that I had gotten in the sample so I decided to go with the black detox BB cream since it claimed to be for oily skin. Holy crap am I ever so happy that I did! I didn't think anything could be the sample I used, but I was totally wrong. The Black Label Detox BB is the way to go - this stuff is simply amazing. It provides me with a photo finish and looks simply stunning with no powder necessary. To apply, I like to put the product directly onto each part of my face, pat it in with my fingers slightly, then use my flat-top kabuki to smooth it on. My face has never felt so hydrated and beautiful without feeling tacky or heavy at all. Totally worth the price, too. Get this stuff now!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by bluefire990

I got this a few days ago, so I'll update this after a few weeks....

First Impression: This stuff is pretty great. It really seems to calm my acne-prone, oily skin. I'm hopeful my skin will tolerate it. It seems to control oil pretty well, even during a day out in the humid Florida summer heat!

Coverage is buildable. Color looks ashy at first, but seems to blend in after a minute. I'm interested to see what it looks like in photos taken with a flash.

Word to the wise: Make sure to exfoliate. Like other BB creams, this will gunk up around any flakes.

This is not my first BB cream. I also have L'Oreal's, which I also like, but doesn't seem to moisturize enough. Dr. Jarte Detox BB Cream is thicker, and really seems to soothe my skin more.

I love the packaging. The pump seems very solid, and will keep bacteria out of the product.

$36 is steep... but if you have temperamental skin like mine, that's a price I'll gladly pay. And it allows me to skip moisturizer, primer, and cut back on my concealer and powder use, saving time and money.

I'm interested to try the gold label product at some point to see if there is a big difference.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OH MAH GOD. This stuff is pretty damn wonderful. I am VERY picky about my foundation, and here is what I look for in a good one:

- light/medium coverage (full coverage is gross)
- dewy finish without being greasy ( matte is also gross)
- will even out my skin without looking caked on (cake face is gross)
- long lasting (because touch ups are annoying)
- WON'T BREAK ME OUT

This, does all of that.

It is not cheap at almost 40 USD but you get more than an ounce of product in a cool black container WITH A PUMP.

UPDATE: No, just no. I wore this for about a week straight and at the beginning of the week my skin was almost completely clear and free of any active blemishes. It's now a week later and after wearing this for that many days my skin has FREAKED OUT. This product has caused breakouts in small,painful clumps all over my face and I look like I rubbed my face in a poison ivy plant. Not okay. Returned it. Never, EVER again.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first ever BB cream and I LOVE it!! My skin has been breaking out so horribly for a few years now. I think it's hormonal but maybe its also from trying so many different products to try to clear it up, or cover it up... I got this about a week ago and have been using it every day. My skin is now 95% clear and my scars are lightening significantly!

I had done a lot of research on BB creams and I saw a few I wanted to try out on amazon for pretty cheap. this one was at the top of my list and I knew that Sephora carried it. It is more expensive at sephora than it is on amazon. but the impulsive person that I am, I wanted it NOW, I did not want to wait for it to ship from Korea. Plus I figured it would be better to pay more and be able to return it in case it didn't work out. I think it was around $35. I've seen it online for about $26... so when I go to repurchase this, I will be ordering it online instead!

The product itself: It actually has really good coverage while still looking natural. I do still use some concealer as well as powder foundation on top, but everything together looks so much more natural and my skin looks so much healthier than it did when I was using a full coverage foundation + concealer. Now normally sunscreens break me out, but this is not breaking me out at all!

All in all, this is an amazing product and I love it. will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Umthisisawkward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me say that this is my HG. I have mild to moderate acne and I had recently broken out pretty badly. I read some reviews on this and decided to purchase it and try this product. It was the best $37 I ever spent. In 2 days of using it my skin was almost clear and in a week with a few sweat bumps here and there my skin was 98% flawless. This bb cream has full coverage and doesn't feel too cakey or heavy. Its good for people with pink undertones because it tends to look chalky on people with yellow undertones ( my sister is yellow undertoned and she looked ghostly with this on). Dr.Jart makes an amazing bb cream I must say. I wear this with Nuetrogena Skin Clearing Pressed powder and some concealer for under my eyes and thats it. My skin looks flawless. I must say though that if you have oily skin (I do sometimes from the weather) this may feel very icky. But try this, seriously.