August 1, 2014 | 940 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Hussy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by ativan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thanks to MUA reviews, I purchased this blush in Honolulu. I really like the formula and the color. Some powder blushes look patchy on me, because I have slightly dry, uneven skin on my cheeks. But this applies like a dream, and has a silky look. I can't afford to buy too many of these, but I'm excited to discover this brand!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hussy is an incredibly gorgeous blush. I have been wearing it non-stop for past few weeks because it is just absolute perfection and no other blush in my collection compares with it. It is a bright, hot pink shade that goes on entirely matte. On my Olive/NC40-42 skin tone, it instantly brightens my complexion and casts off a healthy glow to my face. I am in love with it! As with all Illamasqua blushes, caution must be taken when applying it because it is very, very pigmented. Excellent blush that I am positive will work for all skin tones!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by kopo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried lots of blushers and Hussy is one of the best matte blusher. Another great one is from Kesalan Patheran bright pink. I'm currently in love with Illamasqua Dixie cream blush which really a cream version of Hussy. All skin tone should look great in these 2 blushers. Just run & buy Hussy or Dixie.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AMAZING! My first Illamasqua blush and definitely not my last! The pigment is incredible and the color is amazing. It's a pinkish-coral color that gives an amazing flush to the skin. It makes my skin look really healthy and glowy. You can definitely overdo it, so apply with a light hand or use a skunk brush. Great lasting power too, and I have oily skin. So excited about this brand! I'm glad I strayed from NARS to try this! This may have replaced Amour for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

This Illamasqua blush in Hussy is really an ideal blush, as described before me. It has a rosy-coral feel or look to it. It's a color that you really cannot nail. But it pulls off a natural, wind-swept coloring to the face.

It does not clog into the pores, making a glaring statement of ineffective product. It seems to float on the face in its finely milled powder. You need only a tiny pounce of a Mac skunk brush and apply. Here's where blushes, either live up to excellent, or poor. I hardly have to blend the product all along the edges to make that natural look. It blends unbelievably well. This little fact is important to me because of my difficulty on blending. Sometimes, with mature skin, the more you blend, the more you are squishing the product into the lines or pores. That's not good at all.

I'm a definite follower, now, of the Illa blushes. I ordered Unrequited and Tweak and will update you on them later in the week.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by juicylucy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do look like a bit of a hussy when I wear this, in a good way. Gives me the look of a bit of morning action, but without the effort ;)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This blush (while pricey) is AMAZING. It looks REALLY bright in the pan which can be intimidating but I used a fan brush to apply it and it gave me the most gorgeous color on the cheeks. This blush is pretty much pure pigment. You don't need much at all (again, i used a fan brush and barely picked up product and I still got a visible hue on my cheeks). This blush also wears very well. After several hours I could still see it on and it looked very natural (not overly done or anything).

If I ever run out of it I will definitely be purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Most flattering blush ever. This is a reddish coral pink (?) that I was actually sort of worried would look too bright on me at the time I bought it (I'm NC15-20 depending on the time of year). But instead I ended up with the most foolproof, beautiful "flushed" color on the face of the earth. I love blush that looks similar to how your cheeks flush when you go out skiing, and I had previously gotten NARS Exhibit A to try and mimic this, but since it's such a one-tone, intense color I found it really hard to get right. Hussy is like a step down from there, possibly even more flattering because it's got a mix of tones, and much easier to apply. I tap my brush very lightly into the pan twice and this is just enough to give me nice, natural-looking color. The color is really buildable, there is absolutely no shimmer, and the powder is very fine so it doesn't accentuate fine lines, pores, or any issues you may have. I believe this color will look beautiful on almost any skin tone. I really feel like Illamasqua makes the best blushes on the market, so I really recommend you pick one up. With the amount of product in the pan, it will last you forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Possibly the best peachy pink blush I have ever worn -- silky soft with amazing color payoff. Like another reviewer mentioned, this shade shows up enough to be noticeable, but isn't so bright that it can't be paired with a bold lipcolor. Illamasqua's blushes have completely taken over my love for NARS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read up on the Illamasqua line after receiving this blush from a girlfriend. She knows my skin colour really well and could not have made a better colour choice for me. I'm NC40 and can take a highly pigmented blush because other blushers tend to make me look washed out very easly. This blush is really different in terms of how pigmented it is with a saturation of colour and the fact that it is so fine a powder. It looks great on me whether I have a tan in summer (when I move to NC42) and I just know it will work when I turn pale again and go back to NC40. I would imagine I just need to sheer it out a bit more.

It's so fine and so pigmented, that I don't really need a lot on my brush. With this product, it's better to do a very light swipe and build. I find it looks best on just the apples of my cheeks with a darker (bronzer) under the cheeckbone and then everything blended together with a blender brush. The wear power is just great and I found that as long as I gave it a light powder on top I was good to go with no touchups for several hours. I would imagine that this is only because my skin is oily and tends to "eat" makeup - even with a primer. All said, this one is a keeper and stands out from all other powder blushes, shade and formula.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No