October 25, 2014 | 1537 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Caviar Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Kristalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

so funny, i have been using black ink everyday without fail for years (when it was priced at $18) and I have never ventured to other colors primarily because i draw my eyeliner very "defined".. I draw it like cat eyes, intense definition. Tried some unsuccessful brown's (with Loreal HIP, MAC, etc) to try and change up my look.. but it just made me look blotchy!! was hesitant on trying this color as it seems that this would be a dark brown shade.

anyways, i love caviar ink!! it takes an additional few strokes to fill in the color, but it's a "almost black" color!! hints of brown, if that. it definitely looks a lot darker than it does in the pot. In the pot, it looks more brown.

love love love it. thank u BB!!!!!!!

---UPDATE----

omg.. i find myself reaching for this every morning. Poor black ink is sitting in its' lonesome corner, neglected. caviar ink=new favorite.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by beasacura

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I had been looking at this color gel liner from BB as I have the black and espresso. Although I am a woman of color, the black can look too harsh on me at times. I needed something darker than espresso, but softer than black. Caviar ink suits the bill. Also, I left the top off one day on my black ink liner and it started to crack and dried out. Never had that happen before, so it was time to get another black or try out the caviar.

Very happy with the look. As others have mentioned, it is a great color that is dark, but not too intense or severe for day/work. BB's liner last a long time, so I'm very happy with the purchase and suggest it for anyone who wants something lighter than a tar black and darker than a dark brown.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by sandyroy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my first bobbi brown eyeliner purchase. i've been pleased with it so far. it stays on all day, doesn't irritate my eyes and comes off easier than mac's fluidline. i love this color because it's not as dramatic as black and not too soft of a brown. it's perfect for day or night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very unique color, its not black nor is it brown, almost like a dark grey.Its perfect for an everyday look, not too bold yet very elegant.I plan to buy Bobbi Brown from here on out.This color came out with the Ivy league Collection June 2009.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by pocky

I haven't worn a Bobbi Brown Longwear gel liner in years. I bought Black Ink back when I was first starting out with eyeliner and, well, it was pre-UDPP so the results were disastrous.

I have not been able to wear eyeliner all summer because I have heavy monolids so all eyeliners end up on my upper lids if it didn't already end up on my lower lids. Hourglass Calligraphy liner doesn't smudge on me but it's not easy to apply and can look "dry" on me. I really wanted to give Bobbi Brown another try since Caviar Ink is the perfect everyday liner shade for me. I'm an N25 and am light but really not that pale. However, I wear very neutral colors for work (think MAC Brule, Era, and Blackberry) so black eyeliner looks a little harsh to me. Why not wear brown? My problem is that I don't like brown liner either since most brown liners are too brown and I don't think brown is neutral enough. A brown liner doesn't look right with a plummy or cool taupe eye palette. At least, not to me.

This is why Caviar is perfect. It's not quite black but is definitely not a brown and has no warm undertones. It's just a perfect neutral off-black.
I wore Caviar on the hottest day of the year and I only had a little smudging on my lower lashline at the end of the day. If it had been any other liner (even MAC Fluidline), my liner would've ended up all over my lids so smudging is normal for me. The key is how much smudging.

Please also note that Bobbi Brown doesn't get all the credit. By prepping my lids with UDPP and sticking to matte and satin shadows and then going the extra step and setting my undereye concealer (waterproof, smudgeproof MUFE Full Cover) with BeneFit Powderflage and MAC Blot, I was able to make the most out of an already fabulous eyeliner. Beauty isn't effortless...for some of us, anyway.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by jo515

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the BB gel eyeliner I've been waiting for. I've used the Black Ink version for several years and briefly flirted (unhappily) with Graphite Shimmer, Black Mauve Shimmer, and Espresso. The Shimmers didn't have sufficient density and staying-power, and none paired well with my ultra-fair skin (maximized the reddish/pinkish hues in my skin, and I ended up looking like I suffered from eye allergies). So, Black Ink it was. Happily, generally, except on days when I didn't get enough sleep. It just seemed a bit harsh. Caviar Ink, though, is everyday perfect. It's a cool-neutral deep brown--a smidge darker and cooler than wet/used coffee grounds and, yes, just like caviar.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by GRADMOM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my pic. This picture looks a little like BB cobalt...LG eye rims added a blue tint. This is a perfect shade between the black (which may be too harsh on some) and espresso. It is my new everyday color and it works with whatever shade of shadow I am wearing...very versitle.
Love the caviar shade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for a dark brown/black eyeliner that is easy to apply, lasts and is not harsh-looking. I think caviar ink is the best I have found. I have several Bobbi Brown gel liners and this is now my new favorite.

I used Chocolate Shimmer Ink for a long time but now I will use this for everyday because it is darker and has no shimmer. The formula itself has been reviewed by others so I won't add more here, but this is a great everyday color for those of us who feel that they can't really carry off black liner successfully without feeling 'made-up'. I bought Graphite ink as a black substitute before but this is warmer and I like it better for a basic no-fail liner. I will buy this again if I run out but I have never done that with any of her other liners.