October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by MiaRayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After all the bad reviews I'd read on this particular mascara, I really wanted to find a way to do it some justice. On a good note, it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. However, on a bad note, it wasn't great either.

The wear on this mascara was as it should be, without any flaking or smudges. So it was definitely waterproof and worked really well against rain and tears. However, apparently, according to the website and Rimmel, it's also supposed to add volume and 70% more curl. I definitely didn't get any volume, unless it was from all the clumping that happened after around 5 strokes. But I think the separation and the problem of volume could be fixed up a little by what I like to call "the jiggle technique" (if you have no idea what that is, it's a way of applying mascara. It's when you jiggle the brush from side to side as you are swiping up. People usually do this for the first couple of swipes but I wouldn't recommend doing it after the 4th swipe, just to avoid clumping That adds a little volume and definition). So the volume was a minor setback.

The curling, however, was pretty disappointing. There were still curls, but it was definitely not 70% more. But if you wanna get a little technical, the curls were more natural looking and I got compliments on it, so I guess it kind of lived up to it's name a bit. I guess the curls weren't so dramatic because the mascara wasn't aimed at lengthening, which could have helped with the curling.

The brush was good at defining to an extent, but again, it wasn't great. The formula was also incredibly wet and took a while to try, so the application had a tendency to get a little messy sometimes, with mascara ending up on my lids. Again though, huge praises for the waterproof aspect.

In general, it was good if you want something really natural-looking and if you're willing to take the time to actually do your makeup. It's not great for a 5 minute rush. It is great for waterproof though but unfortunately, I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by hoomidweller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

How is it that a waterproof mascara smudges so badly? It adds some volume but nothing spectacular. Much prefer Rimmel's Glam Eyes. Waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nothing about this product did anything I look for in a mascara: curl hold (most important), migration/smudge resistance, moderate volume/length enhancement (I'd rather have slightly enhanced looking lashes than thick lashes that scream I'm wearing mascara!). I picked this up on clearance for $2, and I wish I'd used the money on an Apple mascara, which is one of my faves at any price. This formula is much too watery to hold a curl, build volume or length. Another way to describe it is a useless nuisance. It promptly got all over my lids because it took a while to dry. The brush is weirdly shaped for reasons I don't understand. Sometimes one of my favorite mascaras, Full and Soft from Maybelline is too watery when I first open it and over time it dries to become the perfect consistency. I'll leave this open overnight, but to be honest it took so long to dry, I'm not expecting this one to be salvageable. Oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by ConfessionsOfAMakeupHolic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

bad, BAD mascara! people seem to like the original version, but im not gonna try it, the brush isnt good for my lashes... the bottle is GORGEOUS, metallic turquoise color with white writing. looks yummy ^___^ the brush is like three balls in a row, looks interesting. the formula is a bit too wet, doesnt hold the curl. it clumped up my lashes and didnt do anything else. it was also hard to get off even with vaseline and the packaging said that its easy to remove. not impressed!
NEW THOUGHTS: i dont know why i thought it was such a bad mascara :P its fine day wear mascara, nothing amazing, but not anything that bad either. its great as a top coat for my none waterproof mascaras and it helps to keep the curl. it works well if you like natural looking lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Unfortunately, i bought this without reading the reviews first. I Have other Rimmel mascaras that I loved, but this one is pretty mediocre. It's not as horrible as most of the reviewers are saying, but it's not great, either. I think the wand makes it a bit difficult to use, but if you wave it around for a few seconds, it goes on without clumping. The most annoying thing is that it did the opposite of curling my lashes - it seemed to weigh them down instead. Only added minimal volume, but I didn't have any problems with it flaking. It does remove easily. Also, watch out after applying and do the bottom lashes after a couple minutes of doing the top. It stays wet longer than most and will spot the heck out of your lids if you blink. I wouldn't recommend or repurchase, but I will keep it as a back-up.

Edit: I had to edit this down to a 1, it's hopeless. Just the absolute worst. You know it's bad when your lashes look much better without it. Instead of curved lashes, it pulled any curl OUT and left me with wet sticks. 10 minutes later, it was still transferring all over my lids, so I threw it out. (which I NEVER do because I'm so cheap.)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

HAHA no. I saw no thickening whatsoever. I heard some good things about it, and I wanted to get some waterproof mascara for the coming summer months. I usually am a fan of rubber brushes (like my all-time favorite Buxom Lash), so I opted for this. I usually don't use waterproof mascara, so I decided to buy at the drugstore (I do have Lights, Camera, Splashes! which was fine, but I never use it that much. Cute packaging). The packaging for this was nice, and when I finally opened it, the brush looked non-clumpy and the formula smooth. This mascara really just coated my lashes in black, did not curl a bit, and when I tried it in the shower, it flaked. Oh well. At least it was cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by fizzyskittlez

This product can be messy if you don't use it properly. I used it for quite some time, and I found that blowing on it and waiting a few seconds before applying it makes it less watery and less likely to clump.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by 10amald3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i had heard really good reviews on the sexy curves mascara by Rimmel so i decided to purchase it in the waterproof version like i always do with mascaras and sadly i was very disappointed maybe the non-waterproof version is better but this waterproof version is very clumpy, has very sharp bristles that poke my eyes and overall did not apply nicely. I might try the non-waterproof one because of all the positive reviews, but i will not be buying this one again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 8:43:00 AM More reviews by bakerbaker19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so unhappy with this product. The formula clumps really easily and flakes, and is also a little wet. Reading some good reviews on the non-waterproof one, I might try that.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by anastasiamaudelen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked the non-waterproof version of the Sexy Curves mascara. Sadly, I find the waterproof formula to be seriously gloopy. The thickening & lengthening powers leave a lot to be desired! I'll use the tube up but I definitely won't buy it again.