November 25, 2014 | 1774 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

Miracle in a bottle! I have tried so many nail fortifiers, from Millionailes by Essie to everything imaginable by Sally Hansen, and nothing has worked as well as Nail Envy. When used consistently, my nails grow nice and long, strong and thicker than usual. They will still peel and break if I get them too wet and use chemicals too often, but if I protect them with a couple coats of Nail Envy and gloves when washing dishes and such, I'm good to go. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I purchased this on Amazon with free shipping via Prime. I believe that the total cost came out to $8-something. I have been using this product for a little over one week. I can already see amazing results, as my nails were very thin and brittle.

I bought a wooden stick from Sally's Beauty supply to push the cuticles back. I then filed and cut the nails to the desired shape, buffed it out. Thereafter, apply 2 coats of Opi Nail Envy. The product dries extremely fast, so that the first hand dries by the time you finish the other. Wait about a minute after applying the second coat. Then, put some argan oil, olive oil, or cuticle oil on. Every other day, apply another coat of Opi Nail Envy until you get to the end of the week. At the end of the week, remove everything off your nails with nail remover. Apply two coats of Opi Nail Envy again...and process repeats.

.You will notice the strength of your nails improve immediately. Then, the length will be able to grow rapidly. Best nail growth product I have ever tried, cheaper than alternatives.

ps I tried painting my nails. This product can be used as base coat, but problem lies in removing polish for another treatment coat every day. Plus, you want the treatment coats to build up. Just let it go, and have gone 2 weeks without nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only treatment I have ever used that allows me to grow my nails to a respectable length. My nails are really thin and peel or break all of the time. It is really difficult for me to get all 10 nails to be at a similar length at the same time. Once I began using Nail Envy I found that I could achieve that goal and then keep the nails at that length without having several break or the tips begin peeling, weakening the nail even further until It would finally break. So I use this as a top coat and then use Seche Vite over it to dry the polish. I have purchased countless bottles of Nail Envy and will continue to do so. I hope OPI never discontinues it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by HeatherTheRed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Before this polish, I had a horrible time with chipping/breaking my nails and dealing with nicks in the nail tips at least 3-5 times a week. After seeing some blogs mention it, I purchased a bottle and use it ALL THE TIME. Probably the best purchase beauty-wise I have made in a long time.

Nail breaking or chipping is really uncommon now, and nicking is down to once a week, if that, and the nicks are minor and easy to file away without huge issues (I'm one of those crazies that can't have mismatched nail sizes on each hand.)

I use it as both a base coat and a top coat usually, and make sure to put some polish under the tips of my nails to help it stay put when I use it.

The only thing I disliked, was the other day when I took off the polish I was using, I noticed some lifting on the tip of my nail, and couldn't figure out whether I was peeling off a thin layer of nail, or if it was layers of Nail Envy build up.

All in all, I would, and have, recommended it highly, and will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by EmmaRae

This did not work for me at all. It made my already dry and brittle nails peeling even more and it turned them yellow/brown which looked disgusting. I used it for a month before I stopped. My nails slowly recovered. There are still brittle but at least they look white again. Would not recommend this at all! But it seems to work for other people...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

not sure where to buy this in my local area, but I ordred it from Amazon based on the rave reviews here on MUA. the reviews did not let me down. This is an awesome nail treatment. It helps to strengthen my nails, which is needed since I stopped wearing acrylic nails. I love how shiny and healthy this treatment makes my nails look. It's a little pricey but worth it. I wish I could find this at the local pharmacies and grocery stores, but so far I have only found it on Amazon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just started using this a few days ago, after seeing it on someones nail care routine. So far, this is what I've discovered-
I LOVE that it stays shiny like a plain clear nail polish. I can use it as a base coat, or I can use it alone to give a nice, clean look while protecting my nails.
As far as its promises to create strong nails, I think it does a pretty good job, atleast better than anything I've tried. I'm trying to grow my nails out, and since they are still very short it is hard to tell, but it SEEMS as though they are less "bendy" and less likely to peel. It also dries very quickly, which is a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by khadijanile

this is a fantastic nail treatment and you pay for it!!! it is very expensive in the UK it costs 18!! if your nails are in very bad condition i suggest you soak your finger tips in warm soapy water for around 5 minutes... gently push your cuticles back using a wooden yellow stick, file them down very short in the shape you desire ( filing as much as the damaged nail as possible, but never filing so low that the skin under your nails is visible), give them a nice buff. make sure your nails are clean and dry and then apply two coats of the nail envy. Each day after that apply a single coat on top everyday for around five days and then remove. i also recommend using a little bit of oil daily (olive oil or almond oil) to massage into your cuticles. I always use nail envy as a base to my nail polish even when my nails are in great conditon. there is no doubt it is the best nail treatment i have come across!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this does nothing for my nails. i started using it as a base coat after my nails started flaking, but it does not make a difference (maybe it keeps it from getting worse?). i don't notice a yellow tint, though it is yellow in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this nail treatment! It's absolutely amazing. I have hypothyroidism, a common disease notorious for causing weak & brittle nails. My nails grow fast, fortunately, but I was having a lot of problems with chipping, flaking, and breaking away, so i decided to give this a try. I am so thankful for this product! it has allowed me to grow my nails to a healthy length without having to worry about them flaking or chipping or becoming weak. I work in a library so not only am I typing all day, i'm moving books around, toting boxes places, and doing a lot of stuff that would have put my old nails in danger of breaking, and that's how i know this product is truly worth the hype. I would be so lost without this. It has turned the health of my nails around 100%. I apply this once every week or two weeks and it prevents breakage completely. I even got my boyfriend hooked on this! He now uses it every once in a while. I just finished up my first bottle and placed an order for my second one. I usually buy it on ebay anywhere from $7-$9, or pick it up at ulta with a coupon. definitely don't pass this one up if you have weak nails!! So worth it!